HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Safety depth
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Safety depth
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 30, 2011 06:11AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safety depth
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 30, 2011 06:26AM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 06:33AM

Huff is decent and may be better than Cleamons

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 07:01AM

Clemmons showed some potential last year. I hope we stick with him for a while i think he is going to be ok. I think we will see a better version of clemmons this year...Just like Sean Smith.

We got a young defense that will get better and thats scary for other teams...Just need to stay healthy...

Now if we had a QB and a offense that was at the same level of the defense we would be really good....

We concentrated on offense in the draft this year...we got a center and a running back with the first two picks....maybe there is hope for the offense in the future after all. We need to hit on these two picks though.

we'll see.

I cant believe we are about just over a week away from the first pre season game.

Posted by: Phinlo ()
Date: July 31, 2011 04:30AM

Currently there are 5 safeties listed on the dolphins roster: Yeremiah Bell, Chris Clemons, Tyrone Culver, Reshad Jones, and Mark Restelli.

Bell and Clemons atm are the bread and butter they both have good speed and know how to tackle.
Tyrone Culver is used in a backup role he primarily has played as a reserve player and he tends to be injury prone viva la special teams...
Reshad Jones he was a rookie last year he was inactive 3 times during the year but he managed 14 tackles, a interception, and a sack. I look foward to seeing what he does this year.
Mark Restelli he came from the Canadian Football League he has decent speed but i'm not sure if his speed will match the speed of the NFL only time will tell.

So we have 2 vets 2 unknowns, although one of the unknowns does show promise, and one backup. We are really in need another safety Huff just went off the market so the next best options are Gerald Sensabaugh he was dallas best defensive man last year but he wants to test the market, Donte Whitner he is great against the run not so good in coverage, Dashon Goldson he didnt have such a hot year last year but he played through injuries ( he would mostly likely be the best bargian buy ), Brodney Pooland Atari Bigby are both good safeties but they always seem to get injured.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 05:25AM

Huff resigned with the Raiders

I agree on Reshad Jones, he showed some real potential at times at safety and on special teams... He made some rookie mistakes but I am expecting to see him fight for a starting spot with Clemons...

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: July 31, 2011 08:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.