HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Problem for Ireland and Sparano
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Problem for Ireland and Sparano
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:39AM

I'm certainly not saying that Orton would've been the answer at QB because there's a reason that Denver would prefer Tebow over Orton. It is, however, interesting that Ireland is taking the safe approach in not giving away draft picks for what some might perceive to be a fairly discernible upgrade at the most important position on the team. If this team goes 7-9 or worse, I doubt that Ireland will be around to use those draft picks (and Sparano most certainly won't be coaching them). Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to act in desperation mode, but I can't see him and Sparano surviving another losing season. What he does from here on out will very likely dictate his and Sparano's future here. The question for Ireland and Sparano is whether they believe that they can post a winning record with either Henne or Moore at the helm. They're probably betting their jobs on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem for Ireland and Sparano
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:47AM

they are going to lose that bet, and we are in for yet another craptacular season

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:56AM

You might be right. Henne is a perplexing player. On the one hand he will make the occasional brilliant throw. Then, he'll throw a brainless interception at the worst time in the game. I was watching the game he played two years ago against the jets on MNF and was amazed at how poised he was, and how accurate. The latter part of last year, quite plainly, he stunk. I do know that this needs to be his last chance. If he doesn't show significant improvement, the new regime that takes over for Sparano and Ireland needs to purge him from the roster and find a QB through the draft.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:30AM

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:43AM

My problem with Henne is that he's horrible when the game is on the line. He folds like a lawn chair at the faintest hint of pressure.

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:45AM

Sparano and Ireland are doing an excellent job. They inherited a team with virtually nothing to work with and no trade bait. Now we have a team full of young talented players built primarily through the draft. They accented with young talented FA's Fasano,Marshall,Dansby,Bush etc.. The defense looked really strong last year under Nolan. We were able to defeat some top tier talent(a positive sign). This year we are re-doing an old running back core and installing an offense with Dabol who was consistently successful last year with only one real weapon.

They have built things the right way. Now is the wrong time to get impatient.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 05:24PM by sleekdogg.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:47AM

sleekdog, you should get a job in PR

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 29, 2011 09:55PM

A & O, we may get a high draft choice next year. But it will be totally unplanned and unexpected by the management. They earnestly believe that Henne is going to be all-pro, and I did last year until late in the season when I saw he did not have the leadership qualities to be a truly top NFL QB.

Maybe he gets mad and angry and develops that capacity this season, but I wanted Orton in case he didn't.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:40AM

I dont think they believe that at all.

I believe they actually know that this is either sink-or-swim for Chad. They have done everything in their realm of possibility to add everything he needs to succeed around him, from new coaches, schemes, and players.

If Chad proves to be a backup this year, then I believe that exactly what he will be for us in 2012, after we draft one of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: July 30, 2011 03:04AM

I think there's still life in the Orton deal and I hate that VY was taken by Philly, who is basically fielding the Pro-Bowlsquad.

However, I'm anxious and even a bit optimistic about Henne without Henning. And - painful though it may be - I probably fall into the camp that likes the 'sink or swim' position Henne, Sparano and maybe Ireland find themselves in.

Posted by: DasFin ()
Date: July 30, 2011 03:10AM

If the Orton deal resurrects and actually goes through, it'll be on favorable terms for the Dolphins, and Ireland could come out looking good. Although I do not think this is a ploy. They are going to ride the Henne train. Insert Optimism.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 30, 2011 05:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.