HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WOW...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
WOW...eye popping smiley
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:08AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WOW...eye popping smiley
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:20AM

That is good Jets just burned a bunch of cap space retaining one of their receivers... I would rather have Marshall then Holmes at that price...
What do they do about Braylon now? If they get Asomagua, that would suck! Which as you pointed out this deal makes it hard for them to do so in theory..

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:23AM

I hope they get asomahgua. they would have so much money tied up in the CB position, which is total overkill. they'd have no $$ left anywhere else, and would probably have to cut folks.
braylon edwards is gone either way.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:28AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 06:30AM

how is it the jets started out over the cap (I think) with a bunch of their own unsigned players, and are in serious consideration for asomuaga?

Date: July 27, 2011 06:32AM

Everyone is reporting that this Asougma to the JEts is real and might happen.... I agree PF2 that would be bad.... Sanchez can give up 4 million or so a year and they can probably swing it... That woouldm mean sanchez still makes over 9 million... Scary that this do able for them, if they get current players to reduce that is horrible for us...

Date: July 27, 2011 06:36AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how is it the jets started out over the cap (I
> think) with a bunch of their own unsigned players,
> and are in serious consideration for asomuaga?

They have to restructure current players contracts, who they believe are overpaid... Sanches went on the air yesterday and said he would be fine with reducing his contract or restructure so they can sign FA....Sucks... I loved that they paying him 13 million this year, and I think he is worse then Henne..

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: July 27, 2011 08:20AM

I remember Holmes drop against us last year. Good stuff

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 27, 2011 09:05AM

Suckers. They might get a few coverage sacks but will have no constant pressure....they don't really have a good pass rush.

Holmes is not a top ten Wr but he is among the highest paid.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 27, 2011 11:17AM

Paper said sanchez was willing to renegotiate to get more players back

Date: July 27, 2011 11:31AM

If they sign Namndi, teams will just run the ball alot, and use the TE's and Rb's out of the backfield, send WR's in motion to change coverage, or spread the field, so they can only cover 2 guys. It would take some guys out of the picture alot of plays a game though.
It wouldnt be the end of the world, if they cant apply pressure or cover the middle or stop the run...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 27, 2011 01:37PM

Exactly....and their LB's are good but not great and they are suspect on the edge with LBs and DEs. David Harris is a FA and they NO DE's under contract except Devito. They have quite a few FA's that they can't resign. Guess those big splash/short term contracts are not so great after all.

They have a good starter at NT in Pouha but chose to spend their second pick on a NT. They are also counting on a rookie DE to start..... Muhamad Wilkerson.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.