HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My Boy, Crowder's new radio show
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My Boy, Crowder's new radio show
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 27, 2011 09:21AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Boy, Crowder's new radio show
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 27, 2011 10:29AM

Date: June 27, 2011 11:04AM

Crowder is a good player who is paid appropriately IMO. He is a student of the game and still studies twice a week with Zach Thomas, how many players are doing that. His problem is his health. When he is truly healthy, he is a great addition to our team, and no one other then Dansby could out play him healthy at the position. He is a beast at the run, and his play is top notch at the run. If a team can get him in a mismatch then him along with most MLB can look stupid running down the field trying to cover a RB or fast pass catching TE or WR. I just want to see the guy healthy this year, until he does that, the criticism is deserved IMHO.

Date: June 27, 2011 01:40PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 27, 2011 01:42PM

Sundays from 12-2? Who is going to listen to that, people who don't like football?

Date: June 27, 2011 02:11PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sundays from 12-2? Who is going to listen to
> that, people who don't like football?

I dont understand?

Date: June 28, 2011 04:59AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sundays from 12-2? Who is going to listen to
> > that, people who don't like football?
>
>
> I dont understand?

Just making a joke, because the airtime is when the actual football games are being played.

Date: June 28, 2011 05:11AM

Date: June 28, 2011 06:18AM

Phinfan-
Crowder said hypothetically, I dont have any Florida Jerseys, and businessmen in Jacksonville liked the way he played... He did say hypothetically as a preface before he said it. WHich you are right, was only giving himself plausible deniability.
In the context they were talking about players getting paid in college by the NCAA. Crowder said he thought collegiant athletes should be paid a stipend based on the success of their grades. WHich would help increase the graduatuion rate of these same athletes.. Pretty smart idea... He also said what happen in Ohio STate, is a problem throughout the NCAA, that is when he used his hypothetical...
I think you have to commend the guy for being honest, it would have been much easier for him to be a hypocrit and condemn, Pryor, his teammates and coach. He didnt, he recognized the problem , showed understanding, and offered up one of the most intelligent ideas to date about how to deal with it..

Date: June 28, 2011 06:47AM

JC-
lol...the show is live, and it only airs until football resumes, that is where I got lost at....The show is kind of a trial to see if Channing can hold his own on the radio and be worth sponsors money.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 28, 2011 06:51AM

I bet when all is said and done crowder gets in some trouble for something he says on the air. I don't think people get his sense of humor, and he's actually pretty smart, supposedly. remember a few years ago when he said something about england not being a country or something or not speaking english there? I think he was kidding but it got picked up in national media and he was made to look like a moron.

Date: June 28, 2011 08:00AM

Crowder52 Wrote:

> Crowder said
> he thought collegiant athletes should be paid a
> stipend based on the success of their grades.
> WHich would help increase the graduatuion rate of
> these same athletes.. Pretty smart idea...

Not a bad idea, but what would happen is professors will be pressured to give them artificially higher grades.

Date: June 28, 2011 08:01AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> JC-
> lol...the show is live, and it only airs until
> football resumes, that is where I got lost
> at....

I figured that, but it was peculiar at first glance!

Date: June 28, 2011 08:08AM

Berk-
That is a safe bet, most athletes over time get in trouble when they consistently speak with media or use twitter..., look at Ricky blwoing up with Sid at the last day of last season...

JC- that will always be a problem, but most teachers will not give away high grades, convince them to pass a kid maybe but give away high marks, I doubt it... But either way, there will always be risk involved, but no worse then the risk invovled with the current situation and problems that seem to be just breaking the surface...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 08:10AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 28, 2011 09:38AM

Phinfans- Crowder is a run stopping MLB, so he doesnt play often in passing downs... That explains the differences in his numbers. Think about it this way, a guy like Edds with more speed is the type of guy that gets the call in passing downs. Crowder rarely gets the chance to drop back or rush the passer becasue of this.

Date: June 28, 2011 10:37AM

but if he was good at it he'd be in there rushing the passer and playing the pass. I think crowder is too 1-dimensional, and not even great at that one dimension. sorry to diss your namesake crowder52!

Date: June 28, 2011 10:47AM

That is what he is good at avoiding blocks getting low and hitting the hole. When he is out or unhealthy the run stop has been hurting. If we want our defense to be top league next year, we are gonna need to do it with Crowder playing 1st and second downs, and then like alot of great players come off the field in third. Dansby is a better player then Crowder becasue he has been healthier throught his career and is more of an every down MLB which is great, but few and far between MLB play like that. If Crowder had better knees, he could be running better but since most of his injuries have stemmed from below the waist, obviously 3rd downs are no longer his thing. Crowder is a student of the game, which has a big impact on the team and players around him.. I know, just like he said on his show, "I know i am one of the most hated players".

But I actually appreciate his intelligence and banter. I've seen it get to his head only once and he played horrible and got a season ending injury.. So he is not without fault, but I just dont think alot of you guys are giving him his credit where it is due... as to whether that is because of his injuires, mouth, attitude or ribbing me or alittle bit of all of it. who knowsbut as Phinfans said to each his own... I find the guy entertaining and think he is a good teammate and Dolphin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 10:49AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 28, 2011 10:54AM

Date: June 28, 2011 10:56AM

Date: June 28, 2011 11:05AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

> What do you think of Bart Scott?

How is that relevant, other then you want me to walk in to a trap, and then tell me I am trying to spin something. Posting a bait question outside of the conversation is pretty much spin at its best...
So I am not sure, but when you watch football, and the 3rd down markers comes up and it is over 6 yards, the pass defense comes in, with faster, hands and more CB,s. When Crowder was younger they moved him all ove the place and he played beside zach for a while, his mentor and off the field coach is Zach. Zach has nothing but great things to say about him. He is a student of the game and our team misses him when he is not on the field... Sorry if you dont see that.

DO you find it ironic that you hate on so much about our own DOlphin players, you look for negativity with them and about them, but claim to be the guy that stands up for them and you make me out to be the guy who has it in for the players out of the other side of your mouth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2011 11:07AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 28, 2011 11:32AM

Date: June 28, 2011 02:22PM

crowder and phinsfan you guys are 2 of the most intelligent posters on here. not sure why you are always digging at each other. we need mia1 back I think to draw some fire

Date: June 29, 2011 03:43AM

Crowder clarified his comments, says he has 4 Jerseys, his mom has 2 and he has 2. He never sold them. He did it as hypothetical, and knew it would create a controversy.
He says he and his mom thinks so highly of himself, he couldnt sell any of his college jerseys.

Crowder is smarter then most people think, as others have said. I dont think it is a blind luck that he was able to garner this much national attention to his small first time local am radio talk show in just one appearance.
Channing Crowder did what you are suppose to do on the radio, get people to listen and talk about your show and antics. Crowder recieves an A+ and probably already secured himself a new spot on WQAM even after the lockout...
Look how many people are talking about him and what he says on his show... You cant buy this type of attention for your show or network for a million dollars... People want to dig on Crowder so much, its almost like he set up all the people that like to dig on him becasue they created the attention for him...lol... I dont think I would want to play this guy in chess...

Date: June 29, 2011 03:45AM

Berk, thanks for the compliment, I am flattered, since it is me always asking you to educate me on details I dont understand,.. I think it is probably the other way around but I appreciate the compliment either way...

Date: June 29, 2011 03:56AM

Interesting little known facts about Channing Crowder.

1)He probably has the highest wonderlic score on our entire team

2)He was a member of the National Honor Society his entire college football career.

3) He graduated early from Florida, with a 3.5 GPA...

While people think he is an idiot, they are clueless. He just enjoys mouthing off and having fun with people..

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 05:11AM

Bart Scott is more or less just like crowder. A loud mouth...

Scott might be able to back his talk a bit more than crwoder. Not much more but a bit.

He sounded really stupid after a jets win they interviwed him on the field and was going I CANT WAIT I CANT WAIT till the next game and said some silly stuff. I forgot what it was.

Then the jets go out next game and get beat the hell up.

I guess there is always the loud mouths running around in the NFL and everywhere else.

If you can't back up your talk then STFU.

And they both keep yapping their mouths even after their respective teams failing over and over.

Yes the jets have been more sucessfull than the phins recently getting to the playoffs but they still havent won no superbowls recently that i know of.

STFU Bart. EDIT>>>>>>And you too crowder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2011 05:12AM by samsam3738.

Date: June 29, 2011 08:48AM

Sam Sam-
What I dont think you get, is that CHannin was mouthing off and a wild unpredictable guy way before he ever got into the NFL and college for that matter. He is who he is.. I know that is hard to understand sometimes, but Crowder is a normal guy just like you or I, with a pension to have fun and not take life so serious publicly, especially with the press. Some players let the press eat them up, Crowder just has fun instead.. Everybody handle situations different.

When Crowder was in Gainesville, he had a crazy rep... There is a lake in gainesville, on campus, called Lake Alice, it is full of gators and everyone jokes about how dangerous it can be around the lake... Rumor has it Channing use to party and then go wrestle gators in the lake on different bets, several times.. He also got suspended for fighting, and got Zook the coach at the time in alot of trouble becasue he tried to cover up for a fight in bar or house party, several players were involved in, including Crowder.. Gainesville is a wild place full of wild people and Crowder use to take the cake for a town full of maniacs.lol... But he also was MR intelligence student athlete, and honor society. So Crowder is just a character, you either get him or you dont...IF the NFL was expecting Channing to change his personality for them, they were severely mislead..lol

As far as him not playing everydown, Channing had major knee surgery in High School after his senior year. While some want to convince you he is meant to be an everydown MLB, that just isnt true He has had knee problems for ages. He use to play RB or FB in high school and LB, so he played both sides of the ball, and blew out his knee doing it...

I like Crowder because he is an original, and clever.. And you cant judge a book by its cover type of guy. He likes that people misjudge him as being stupide becasue of the way he looks or is a football player, and then he plays off of it. That is his stix..

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 29, 2011 09:20AM

crowder 52 i dont hate crowder or anything like that.....And i dont mind him talking trash or whatever i guess he is a joker....

I just wish he would back up all that talk in on the football field.

He is good and at times mediocre at the same time....Maybe im just upset he doesnt get to the next level.

Date: June 29, 2011 09:49AM

Date: June 29, 2011 09:59AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.