Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How do you feel about Plaxico Buress and the possbility of him being a Dolphin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How do you feel about Plaxico Buress and the possbility of him being a Dolphin
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 10:20AM

Poll
Would you want Plaxico to join the Dolphins for a reasonable salary?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
22 votes were received.
No, thank you 16

73%
Yes, Please! 6

27%

Plaxico got out today, you would have to not have a television, CPU, or ESPN, to not know about it...lol.. How do you guys feel about it, if Ireland goes after him this offseason?

I am cool with us taking a shot at him. I think he was made an example of, and overpaid for his crime.. He never hurt anyone but himself, so I think his penalty was to harsh.. I think he will be had for relatively cheap compared to his value, and I think teams that passed on Vick, and saw the homerun and value the Eagles created with signing him after prison, will be salivating over plaxico, and i bet Miami, might be one of them... THink about the mistake Ireland feels right now passing on Vick? Phill took little risk, and they could trade Vick for a couple 1st rd picks right now, and they gave up nothing but a few million bucks at risk..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do you feel about Plaxico Buress and the possbility of him being a Dolphin
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 10:36AM

Re: How do you feel about Plaxico Buress and the possbility of him being a Dolphin
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 10:47AM

we don't need him for reasons having nothing to do with his "character"
(1) he's the same type of possession receiver as Marshall
(2) he's OLD
(3) he's rusty, having been in jail for 2 years
(4) who would we cut to make room? Personally I'd rather have a younger, cheaper, more-upside Moore or Wallace who also play STs. We are stocked at WR---Marshall, Bess, Gates, Hartline, Wallace/Moore

But if you want to consider his character too, we don't need another diva receiver/side show

no thanks

Date: June 06, 2011 10:53AM

Yeah Phinfans, I hear where you are coming from, but let I remind you that the exact same things were said about Vick, and you could have had the same mentality and attitufe towards him that you have towards Plaxico, and that would have made you wrong, or shortsighted in the Vick case or judgement... Spending just about 2 years in prison is real, that is no joke, and I believe it obviously changes a person. Especially if they still have an oppurtunity to redeem their character and financial situation... People kill people and serve less time then Plaxico...
Plaxico paid the price for many others, not just himself... To bad... I wish him well!

Date: June 06, 2011 11:04AM

Berk- Obviosuly if Plaxico, can't beat out our 4th or 5th reciever, he will be cut, that is a given in my accounting... I understand the Rusty argument but again if he cant play you cut him, but that should be determined after a workout not before...
He is turning 34, but he has also had zero beating on his body for 2 plus years...

It is hard to double team 2 guys, with the size of Marshall and Plaxico. Marshall has normally, a CB, a LB, and a safety on him to deal with his size and tackling breaking ability... The speed guy will help take the safety away on certain plays and a second big possesion reciever, would force the LB to bump one or the other..

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 06, 2011 12:00PM

Date: June 06, 2011 01:45PM

Him and Brandon can sit on the bench and compare scars...........

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: June 06, 2011 02:36PM

No thank you. We have a young team...we dont have room for a 34 year old diva WR.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 06, 2011 02:36PM

No football for 2 years and a bad attitude? No thank you!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 06, 2011 04:01PM

If we were a WR away from making a serious run at the Super Bowl, maybe...................but we're not, i'd rather develop a young guy.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 07, 2011 06:16AM

I think we are set at WR and have other areas that will need free agent additions. OG, RB, OLB, and QB.

How many WR's play at a high level at 34 years old? Not many.

Hartline has more upside at this point and PB would just take snaps away from him as well as others. This is the key 3rd year for BH.

The point with his arrest is not that he only hurt himself but that he was willing to commit a felony and carry an illegal handgun to begin with....

The guards at the prison said he was known as a troublemaker and a slob during his time in jail.

If we are going to make a splash in FA we need to do it at positions of greater need.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 07, 2011 07:54AM

The Dolphins have had success with recievers at the end of their career helping the team. Including names like Irving Fryar and Chris Carter. Just becasue a reciever is 34 doesnt make him, not any good neccasarily. To add a competitive veteran to the WR group could help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 07:55AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 07, 2011 08:16AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Dolphins have had success with recievers at
> the end of their career helping the team.
> Including names like Irving Fryar and Chris
> Carter. Just becasue a reciever is 34 doesnt make
> him, not any good neccasarily. To add a
> competitive veteran to the WR group could help.

Irving Fryar yes. Not only was he already in the league what, almost 10 years when he joined the Phins, he went on to play five more years after he left the Phins.

Cris Carter, not so much. Five games, eight receptions, one touchdown. Not horrible considering he has some serious health problems earlier in the beginning of the season, but not an exemplary success.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 07, 2011 10:00AM

naaah just don't need him. I hope makes it that was BS for him to have had to serve time.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 07, 2011 11:59AM

The bs part was other players getting away with serious crimes bc they had the money to work the sytem or whatever.

It is no different than someone getting put in jail for a dui. Maybe they didn't hurt anyone but they could have.

Burress could have very easily killed someone had the gun been pointed a few degrees different.

Handgun laws are no joke. Abuse them and go to jail. The fact is that it was illegal to carry a gun in NY. He thought he was above the law.

He is an idiot. He misses meetings and causes problems...again thinking rules don't apply to him.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 09, 2011 03:58PM

See the Shaun Rogers thread.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 16, 2011 09:10AM

Plaxico burress?

You gotta be kidding man. We already have marshall and his attitude and whatever else negatives he brings to this team.

Why do you want another headache?

Posted by: KB ()
Date: June 23, 2011 06:50AM

Would rather have a big-mouthed, strip-club-dwelling, hoodlum that can make a play (Burress) then a big mouthed, strip-club-dwelling, hoodlum who can't (Marshall). Lest we forget his slant and go in the SB that helped save our perfect season? 10-1 Marshall would have screwed up the route, dropped the ball, then yelled at the QB.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 23, 2011 01:55PM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would rather have a big-mouthed,
> strip-club-dwelling, hoodlum that can make a play
> (Burress) then a big mouthed, strip-club-dwelling,
> hoodlum who can't (Marshall). Lest we forget his
> slant and go in the SB that helped save our
> perfect season? 10-1 Marshall would have screwed
> up the route, dropped the ball, then yelled at the
> QB.

2 years out of football...who says he can still make that play? The question was about Burress, not Marshall. If you're suggesting picking up Burress and dumping Marshall, you're smoking something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.