HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Some owners unhappy with current negotiations
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Some owners unhappy with current negotiations
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: June 17, 2011 05:34AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some owners unhappy with current negotiations
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 17, 2011 06:23AM

funny how those teams are the ones that for vanity reasons refuse to license the naming rights to their stadiums.
until they do everything they can to maximize their own revenues, I think they should just be ignored by the other owners.

Date: June 17, 2011 06:37AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 17, 2011 10:59AM

It suck but our Miami Dolphns are one of these teams on the bottom, and we have sold every square inch of naming rights to available space in the stadium... Have you been to the stadium lately, it feels like you are being attacked by laser beams of adds from all directions. I remeber trying to watch offensive plays, and that inner ring started flashing hot pink and yellow ads for different companies around the entire stadium in unison... It was so distracting it was hard to even watch the game...
I hope something works out, but as I suggested earlier, Jerry Jones and Kraft have been watching their individual profits the whole time, not the collective, once they feel they can save their big money, they will try and cut a deal and throw the rest of the guys who really need relief under the bus......
Hey as I said before, divide and conquer, is the name of this game, if the players are able to divide the owners in just the right way, they will do best...

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 17, 2011 11:31AM

Isn't that a contradiction Crowder? In one sentence you say that Jones and Kraft are not looking out for the other owners, then you suggest that the players somehow are driving a wedge between the owners. If there is division amongst the owners it has nothing to do with the players and everything to do with the owners own greed (something some of us have been saying the whole time)

Date: June 17, 2011 11:40AM

I dont read you Dolph- where is the contradiction? KRAFT makes aound 70 million a year from his, Jones makes in the 140 neighborhood... They dont need the money relief in reality like the others. The Lockout doesnt really benfit them it hurts them... The others teams that are in much different positions, need relief...
There is a difference, just like there is a difference in the players side with people that make lots of money and those that dont. There are differences, and the more one side divides the others, the better for which hever sides is able to do it... It is the art of negotiations or war...
I understand you want to argue with me becasue you dont always like my positions, but come on, arent you stretching it a bit to pick fight with me over this? You didnt challenge any of the facts or statements i made, just that some I was hypocritical and the owners were the greedy bums...lol

Date: June 17, 2011 11:51AM

I am fine if the teams that done need relief, dont take the extra money and they use it for teams that make under 15 million dollars cash flow...

On basis, I dont believe any team as a whole should make less then the highest paid indivual athlete. If the lowest paid team, netted what the high paid individual athlete makes, that should be a fair deal for both sides.. If Jerry and Kraft have to give up some in the new cba so be it... Meaning some sort of owners floor has to be met in order for the ceiling to be broken...But some of that money has to come from the players as well... The players top salaries can only rise when the owners floor rises...

Date: June 17, 2011 11:54AM

Crowder, what team makes less than the highest paid individual athelete?

Date: June 17, 2011 12:31PM

Based on Forbes there are probably around ten. Including the Dolphins.

Date: June 17, 2011 12:39PM

Between the cowboys, patriots and Redskins they made 300 million.
Between the Dolphins, Raiders and Lions they lost -7 million

Those are huge differences

I think for practical purposes teams need to make around 35 million at least. They can use 25 million for cash flow and towards purchase debt and then ten million a year away at least to deal with the death tax..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 12:51PM by Crowder52.

Date: June 17, 2011 01:42PM

Date: June 17, 2011 08:21PM

so a team that loses money for some reason shouldn't have 0 in player salary. somehow I don't think that is the way to a profitable team. I'll play for nothing but I doubt anyone wants to see me chucking the rock

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 18, 2011 09:06AM

Date: June 19, 2011 03:52AM

Phinfans you are wrong. The big nut that changes a team from profitable to non profitbably, is new stadium debt.. It ihas nothing to do with Ross trying to cook the books, as you would like to believe in your twisted fantasy world...Where owners are like evil emperors or kings from the middle ages..lol..
STadium debt, is a killer...For instance Jerry Jones, probably had his cash flow, cut in half now, so that 140 million is probably around 80 now. The Giants and Jets, have a billion dollars more in debt to split up among themselves... Ross is dealing with 300 million stadium debt from the 2008 upgrade...
Let me ask you this, Phinfans, is you need to borrow 800 million to a billion dollars to build a stadium, what type of yearly interest and debt is created..... I am going to guess you will ignore these huge cost...
Its funny how Forbes is wrong and cooked books but somehow they came to almost the exact number the packers would later release as their cash flow publicly..... DOesnt do much to prove Forbes is wrong... TO be honest I am not sure you even read the full report, based on my past experience with some of your points, you probably just just skimmed the headline and then ignored the rest of the facts involved again..lol... Did you really read this stuff, honestly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 03:55AM by Crowder52.

Date: June 19, 2011 06:27AM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 19, 2011 08:13AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 19, 2011 10:39AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Players Already Won.

RESPONSE: I wouldn't go that far. I'd say that they will only lose what they voluntarily gave up in the first place but that is still a loss from last year.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 20, 2011 08:34AM

Date: June 20, 2011 09:04AM

Date: June 20, 2011 09:43AM

Crowder said "Ross is dealing with 300 million stadium debt from the 2008 upgrade..."

What you didnt read this in my post... Stadium debt, purchase debt and death tax, are actually the major contributors to teams finanical solubility...
The Dolphins founder, got destroyed by 2 of the 3. One he took his profits and personally financed the Joe Robbie Stadium. Then he died, so his business had big stadium debt, which limited cash flow, while at the same time hit with the death tax... And it destroyed Joe Robbie's family financially... That actually happend and is pretty much facts... Real people that got destroyed from being an NFL owner.. I know you dont believe it is possible but it happens, and most owners fear they are placing themsevles in similar positions as the late Joe Robbie..
Those problems have just become compounded, as cost and debts and values have increased...
Essentially Ross bought a team for 1.1 billion, with 300 million in stadium debt... So actually he has a cost of close to 1.4 billion by my math....

Miami still needs to add a roof to the stadium to secure future superbowls, that cost is between , 400 to 500 million... Add that to the last 300 million upgrade, that would be 700- 800 million he has to spend on the stadium just to bring it up to par, as the NFL asked for.
Buffalo, Green Bay, etc hav stadiums that are awful, and poor fans that get frost bite just to watch some football... They are not better then the old orange bowl, sure if miami could have stayed in the orange bowl and continue to sell tickets and make tv money. The robbies would still probably own the team...

Date: June 20, 2011 10:09AM

Date: June 20, 2011 11:46AM

Date: June 20, 2011 12:56PM

Date: June 20, 2011 01:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.