HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Shaun Rogers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Shaun Rogers
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 01, 2010 10:31AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shaun Rogers
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 01, 2010 10:43AM

not a gag. This is true.

If we can have him for a 6th rounder I would still do it

Date: April 01, 2010 11:25AM

Date: April 01, 2010 12:01PM

no thats crazy.

nothing higher than a 5th rounder

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 01, 2010 01:07PM

Hey, we're building the next 80's Raiders like organization as it is, lets bring him in!

Date: April 02, 2010 06:56AM

This drops his trade value down to next to nothing.

Nows the perfect time to go get him cheap!

Date: April 02, 2010 12:15PM

Date: April 02, 2010 03:21PM

a bunch! lol

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 04, 2010 04:12PM

I had been behind in both my newspaper reading and my reading on this board until I read the blurb catching up on old copies of the LA Times from last week.

This idiot attempted to take a LOADED gun in his CARRY-ON BAGGAGE at the airport. Not tried to have it shipped with his checked in baggage but TRIED TO TAKE IT ON THE PLANE.

He should be given 15 years for the offense aggravated by another 15 years for what we call "felony stupidity."

If anyone who was not a professional football player or other professional athlete had simply earnestly forgotten that months earlier he had put the gun in that suitcase (to hide it from the kids) and then had to rush out to the airport and stuffed clothing in there without noticing.....no matter. That ordinary Joe would find himself in Gitmo.

Naw,he's too stupid to play for us or anyone.

Date: April 05, 2010 04:51PM

This error rates above Bryant's cleats snafu. That's saying something.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 05:42PM

Well, I was going to say that its not illegal in this country to own a gun, but to try to take a loaded gun on board an airplane is just plain stupid. I don't think we need anybody like that for any price.

Rick

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 05, 2010 09:20PM

Look what happened to Plaxico....he also shot himself but took a gun to a bar not the friggin airport....SR could end up doing some time.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 06, 2010 06:09AM

I would take Rodgers if offered I really believe he forgot the gun was in his bag. I once forgot that I had box cutters in my coat once at the airport. I was headed to security when I happend to put my hand in my pocket and felt them and was able to discard them. Would have really been up the creek if they were found. So sh** like this happens.

Date: April 06, 2010 07:30AM

I doubt he was trying to hijack a plane. He has a concealed weapons permit but that is a HUGE responsibility. To forget that you have a fully cocked and loaded semi auto pistol is about as idiotic as you can get.

How does that happen? Not the same as forgetting that you have a box knife in your pocket. You should know where the firearm is at all times! I don't know if he has kids but if he does....that is just moronic. He has no business having a CWP.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 06, 2010 07:36AM

I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure a defense of "I forgot it was in there" won't work. N.Y. seems to come down hard on these guys for conceled weapons charges (i.e. Plaxico and Lil Wayne) not sure where he was and how hard they enforce it, could be a year or so in the slammer.

Date: April 06, 2010 08:10AM

He was in Cleveland.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: April 06, 2010 08:44AM

In Cleveland he will get a slap on the wrist at most..if he was in Detroit they would have questioned why he only had one piece in the luggage, I mean what if it jams?!?!? smiling smiley

Date: April 06, 2010 03:53PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look what happened to Plaxico....he also shot
> himself but took a gun to a bar not the friggin
> airport....SR could end up doing some time.

RESPONSE: Hell of a good point!

Date: April 06, 2010 03:55PM

Yeah, he had it loaded and cocked with a round in the chamber although he had the safety on.

I find it hard to believe he forgot it.

Of course, he was not trying to hijack the plane either.

That leaves only stupidity for believing either he could sneak it through or that his status as a celebrity would give him immunity.

Felony stupidity.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:10PM

Feh... it's not like he was going to be using the gun on the plane. You anti-gun kooks are overreacting as usual... OMG, A GUUUUUUUN... OOOOOOH, SCARY GUNS.. GUNS BAD, BAD, EVIL, BAD, GUN, OH NOOOEESSSSSS, MOMMY, A GGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN, blah, freaking, blah, blah, freaking blah.

Get a grip already, he didn't hurt anybody, didn't try to hurt anybody, and didn't even hurt himself. In short, this is a big to-do over abso-freaking-lutely nothing.

Date: April 06, 2010 04:12PM

what are ya nuts......you can't be carrying a loaded gun on an airplane. You can't even bring mouthwash or hair gel on an airplane you think its ok to bring a loaded gun??

that's not an ANTI-GUN stance.....thats an anti-stupid stance. This isn't the wild west where guns are allowed anywhere and everywhere.

Date: April 06, 2010 04:56PM

Not even close to anti-gun stance. I am a gun owner and I would never take one into a bar or an airport. I know where it is at all times!....when it is loaded and where I can't take it!

Date: April 07, 2010 11:50AM

Okay, Doctor Feelgood. So guns are okay in the hands of the right people and not okay in the hands of the wrong people.

But if the gun is at your home wherever you keep it there, no problem. But at the airport, how do we tell the difference? Tell us, O wise one?

Date: April 07, 2010 02:39PM

According to reports I've read, this fella had a concealed weapons permit. As it happens, so do I. So, here's my take. THIS MAN IS AS DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS TO TAKE HIS GUN TO THE AIRPORT.

You don't pass the concealed weapons training class and test and not know that you CAN'T BRING IT TO THE AIRPORT. And this crap with "I forgot I had it in my bag.", well, I call bullsh*t. Never once have I taken my pistol out of my house, and not known EXACTLY where it was at all times. NEVER.

Put him in jail, make him do some time. Then revoke his weapons permit and prohibit him from owning a firearm for 25 years. If you can't be responsible with a gun, then you shouldn't have one. You make the rest of us that are responsible and pro-gun rights look bad. What a tard.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: April 09, 2010 05:35PM

Whether or not guns should be allowed on planes as a matter of course is a different discussion... all I'm saying is, the reaction to this is WAY over the top. I think it's pretty obvious that he didn't intend any harm (and nobody got hurt), and heck, the gun never made it on the plane.

All security had to do was go "Sir, you can't bring this with you onto the plane, please place it in your checked luggage (make sure you are licensed wherever it is your going though!) or return it to your car or home, blah, blah, blah."

At which point he should have turned around, walked out and taken it somewhere else, or called someone and said "Hey, come to the airport, pick up this gun, take it home and lock it away for me." That's it, story over.. no need for all this drama and excitement. It's a tempest in a teapot, IMO.

Seriously, even it had made it onto the plane, what do you think the probability is that it would have been part of any sort of incident? Personally I'm guessing that probability is somewhere south of the probability that you'll die tomorrow because lightning hit a pine tree 2.37378 miles from your home, startling a racoon, which runs into the road, causing a driver to swerve, and hit a power pole, causing a power outage, during which you stumble around in the dark looking for a torch, trip, fall, and smash your head into a misplaced fireplace poker.

Date: April 09, 2010 06:37PM

Law's are in place for a reason

Shaun Rogers broke the law.

NUFF SAID!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 09, 2010 06:44PM

it's the same thing as someone driving drunk. no one is intending on driving drunk and hurting someone, but it's a consequence of getting behind the wheel after having a few drinks. getting on a plane with a loaded weapon is just asking for trouble, whether he intended harm or not it is stupid and against the law

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 10, 2010 05:46AM

Dr feelgood I know what your saying, but ever since 9-11 the rules have changed concerning Airport security, you forget and leave a gun in your bag, you're gonna get arrested plain and simple. Even if he was an average Joe this story would of been news, since he's a sports star it's big news.

Date: April 10, 2010 08:34AM

If the guy was an average joe and he tried to take a gun on a plane it would be bigger news and he would probably still be locked up. Rodgers being well known as an NFL player is the only thing saving him as it is more unlikely that he is a terrorist.

Look at the news that generated from the guy that just joked he was going to blow up the plane and had no weapons.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:28AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Look at the news that generated from the guy that
> just joked he was going to blow up the plane and
> had no weapons.

That particular incident made a lot of news headlines because that guy is a Qatari diplomat.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.