Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Players just received new proposal from Owners, saying they will consider it overnight
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Players just received new proposal from Owners, saying they will consider it overnight
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: May 16, 2011 02:37PM

Eller Lawyer Michael Hausfield says Players have recieved new proposal from owners. Saying they will consider it owernight.

The experts say the players are going to make a deal, the writing is on the wall, that they are going to lose the appeal. By the cryptic message on page 11.

Keep your fingers crossed guys, we could be close to a deal!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Players just received new proposal from Owners, saying they will consider it overnight
Date: May 16, 2011 02:53PM

More coming out on the new offer, it was done as a request the mediator made, to make a new offer, so the NFL complied.
Experts say it is not likely to be accepted, but hopefully will lead to the players making a counter offer and break the current stalemate.
I hope the owners make a better offer and the players bend and this whole thing gets done in the next couple weeks! I am curious to see how D Smith handles himself. He has been a hardliner to this point, and it all seemed to be working, now his tactics and approach has had its first setback, the key will be how does Smith respond. And if the owners drink some humble pie, to give Smith room, to come out of this with his reputation and job still entacted. Same with Goodell, for that matter. They both need to make room for each othe to save face, if they want to get this done.

Re: Players just received new proposal from Owners, saying they will consider it overnight
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:30PM

Crowder, youre my boy and you know it...

but it seems you are the only one on this board who is wrapped up in this stuff. I think 99% of us realize there will be pro football come September one way or another.

I dont care about all this court garbage, I just want to see football in September, which is gonna happen. Garaunteed.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:37PM

well I find it very interesting, but that's because I'm a law nerd. I always felt there would be football in Sept and we'd not lose any games or even training camp, and I am still convinced of it.

Date: May 16, 2011 03:48PM

A&O, much respect,
I find it more interesting then American Idol. lol.. I hear ya, I hope there is football as well. I worried about that being in jeopardy, though lately. I honestly feel that some of the owenrs and teams are in trouble, and our Miami Dolphins is one of them. SO that sparks my interest up a little more.
I dont find everything on this site interesting so I just dont comment, I thought that was the protocol...
I understand some people could care less, hell I live in a area with 15 percent voter turnout...I understand that ...lol...

I guess the bottom line, is right now all we really have is legal football. SO that is what I am following... I look forward to it ending though, I would much rather be investigating players and future match-ups, smileys with beer like the rest of us. That and I must be a wanna be legal nerd....

I honestly believe this is great news, and we would not have seen football on time without it(but that is just my opinion).... Lets see what happens, but this is the best news, since the 2 sides walked away from the NLRB over 2 months ago, and into legal football...

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 16, 2011 03:49PM

Crowder and I have differing views, but I would say I'm just as guilty as him of caring about this stuff way too much.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 16, 2011 05:20PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 16, 2011 05:39PM

Date: May 16, 2011 05:54PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 16, 2011 05:59PM

I'd be surprised if anything serious happened before the 8th Cir gives it's appeal ruling, unless the owners blew the players away which I don't see happening.

Date: May 17, 2011 04:42AM

Ghoti-
You are the only guy that believes the longer it drags on the more it favors the players... The enitre strategy of an owner lockout goes 100 percent against , your train of thought.

I am optimistic as well, I did not think the players wanted to work this out, they wanted a Minnesota Federal Judge to make a ruling and that ruling to become the makeup for a new CBA, just like last time.
Now that it is clear that the 8th will oversee, the rulings and they seem to favor the owners arguments based on what they said in this ruling. The entire reason the 2 sides are in court, is becasue it was the players strategy. IMO The players entire strategy, is no longer to solve this in court, how can it be.

SO now I would think the players will put there best foot forward to get a deal done, lets hope the owners dont beat their chest and act all foolish now.

The players no longer rule the courts which they have done for 25 years. That is horrible for the NFLPA. The court case will now be oversight by the 8th. The owners will never let a Judge Doty or Nelson, be the oversight on the NFL CBA, which has been the case for so long now. This ruling was huge for the owners on many levels... D Smith will most likely get fired IMO, or at least should be. Unless Goodel gives SMith room to save face.... Which is the best way for this to get done. Goodell and the owenrs need to show compassion at this point. They are in the position of power at this point, so they need to respect that and not abuse it. Being compassionate is alot easier then being told what to do. SO hopefull the owners put their best foot forward as well. Got my fingers crossed.

Date: May 20, 2011 09:53PM

Date: May 21, 2011 03:17AM

Ghoti-
only intelligent well articulated and fact supported post that goes against my train of thought, could ever get under my skin...You dont have anything to worry about on this issue. You just give me my laughs, kinda of like reading the sunday comics...Now football knowledge, that is a different story, you got my respect there, it is to early but for you Ghoti, why not smileys with beer

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 21, 2011 05:55AM

Date: May 21, 2011 08:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.