HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A Celebration of Jim "MAD DOG" Mandich
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A Celebration of Jim "MAD DOG" Mandich
Posted by: curt ()
Date: May 04, 2011 02:40AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Celebration of Jim "MAD DOG" Mandich
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: May 04, 2011 12:31PM

I wish I could make it.....Mandich was always great......

Heres to those outstanding words....I'm gonna miss them during the games...........

ALLRIGHT MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: May 04, 2011 03:32PM

Hats off to the man that wore his emotions on his sleeve. Mad Dog you will be missed but not forgoten.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: May 04, 2011 05:00PM

They had Coach Shula announce that Jim Mandich will be up on the Ring Of Honor-right next to the Radio booth! Class move by the Dolphin orginization thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 04, 2011 06:50PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 05, 2011 04:05AM

He was both a man's man and a family man. He liked the dive bars near the airport (right Leon? know any stories?) and the LudWay (corner of Ludlam & Coral Way--legendary place).

Was a great husband to his wife and father to his sons, by all accounts. Team player at home AND on the field.

While still playing he started multiple businesses including a construction company; I've told the story before how I was bored teenager hanging around my dad's office one day after school and saw Jim's number in my dad's rolodex. I jumped up and demanded that my dad explain why he never told me about this, hot smiley

I cannot STAND sports talk show hosts in general. 99% of them are clueless, pathetic jock-sniffers. Then there was Jim Mandich. Not just a former player, but very intelligent, entertaining, AND funny. I nearly drove off the road from laughing so hard a couple times listening to his show. He was a Homer yet always told it like it is, often calling out players' poor performances on the air, even during game broadcasts. And everyone respected him for good reason.

When this event was announced, I had a rare feeling--I wished I still lived nearby so I could have attended.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: May 07, 2011 02:05AM

That was a fantastic send off. Death is never easy to accept, but it is particularly hard when you lose an icon like Mandich. It was just a few weeks ago I heard him interviewed as he was preparing to go to the Master's. He talked about the upcomming draft and never got the chance to see the results. It is interesting that he believed that Henne will a good quarterback. He made such an impact and it was great to hear Ceffalo insist that his many programs will continue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.