HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Official statement from NFL on decertification and Lockout
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Official statement from NFL on decertification and Lockout
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 05:14AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Official statement from NFL on decertification and Lockout
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 06:54AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 07:15AM

I have a feeling this decertifying move is going to back fire on the union.
1) No one really believes they are no longer acting as a union

2) They made this move in hopes of getting another favorable decision from the judge, who ruled against the Owners on the TV deal.(I think they have overestimated the position of the judge, who ruled against the owners TV deal because the Judge felt the deal left money on the table in order to just protect the owners. A fair ruling) He is gonna make another fair ruling and agree with the owners that the union is still a union even if they decertified in an attempt to change legal procedures.

3) The owners have been very respectful in the mediation process and made concession, while we have heard of no concessions the players have made in mediation.

4) THe unions decertification is disrespectful to federal mediation process and mediator. The union spit in his face by essentially trying to circumvent his power by decertifying. That hurts the union when they are forced to go back to mediation and will at the end of the day strengthen the owners in the current mediation process.

5) THe mediators are going to look at the owners as if they have acted in good faith in the process and the NFLPA has not, and that will impact the outcome if and when it is pushed out of the courts and back into mediation.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 12, 2011 12:46PM

Amen I hope the judge rules with the NFL.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: March 12, 2011 01:57PM

Date: March 12, 2011 02:01PM

Date: March 12, 2011 02:12PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 12, 2011 05:09PM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And now the owners have Al Gore's lawyer.
>
> Yea, they've lost.

RESPONSE: David Bois. I could write a book. That SOB gave George Bush the presidency. I may not know as much about civil law but I know election law and any fool knew that the US Supreme Court was itching to get its hands on the case of that Florida election.

The Florida Supreme Court offered Bois and Bush's lawyer, Ted Olsen, a simple solution, a recount of all ballots would be commenced with the rule that as long as you could see a hole of air punched through the ballot, it would be counted but an indentation was not a vote.

Olsen and the Bush people agreed. Bois said that they would stand on Florida law which allowed each county to use its own methods.

The Bush people appealed to the USSC. Had Bois agreed, then Bush, having stipulated to the procedure, would have no legal basis to appeal.

The USSC took the case and ruled that the last count, which favored Bush, should stand and that Florida's system of different rules for re-counting ballots was unconstitutional.

The Los Angeles Times later did a complete recount in Florida using the method rejected by Gore. Guess what? Gore carried Florida.

And to show how stupid Bois was, he had always believed that the Gore vote was UNDERcounted in the strong Democrat vote rich counties.

HE WAS WRONG! The under-count of Gore votes was in the Gulf counties that were Republican heavy areas. But it was enough to elect him President but for his damn fool lawyer, David Bois.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 14, 2011 02:31AM

From everything i've been hearing/reading, decertification might be the fastest way to a settlement, it favors the players by a bunch, and the first few court rulings will set the tone for both sides. Heard a guy on the radio that was involved in the last time they decertified, he said that last time Judge Doty pulled both sides into his chambers and told them "I have ruling in my hand that one side is not going to like very much, I would suggest that both sides should sit down and reach a settlement" and they did. I don't understand why anyone would "hope" the judge favors with one side or the other, shouldn't you hope he rules on whats legally right? And I could really give 2 sheets on who wins or loses, I just want F-agency to start soon and the season to start on time.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 14, 2011 07:37AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 14, 2011 08:14AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 14, 2011 08:37AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm glad Gore lost, so thank you goes to David
> Bois , even if he was stupid in the process. Gore
> was and is a lying cheating bafoon! He would
> have been even worse than Bush.

RESPONSE: The point is actually that he is a terrible lawyer that did in his own client through sheer stupidity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.