HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          7 round mock
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
7 round mock
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 05, 2011 03:56PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 7 round mock
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 05, 2011 04:40PM

As I said in another post, all mock drafts are vain exercises because there are always trading ups and downs and mock drafts cannot take that into account.

That being said, mock drafts also shows the bias of the author in his opinion of the priorities of the teams.

For instance, this author believes that our highest priority is quarterback, next receiver, then rb, and down the line Offensive line and afterwards defensive secondary (not much on defensive front).

Now it is not my intent to get into a Henne argument.

But there has been so much criticism of him that I believe that many posters may be in danger of having heart attacks if indeed the Ownership goes on the first round with Mark Ingram, even if Gabbert, Mallet, and Locker are still on the board at 15 and some even if Cam Newton is left. This guy has Ingram going to the Patsies.

No one has been on the backs of the ownership more than me. They are idiots and they do make idiotic moves.

However, if they happen to agree with me, not that Henne is good, but that it is impossible to judge him given the other defects in the team, don't have a heart attack if they pass over these QBs to go elsewhere. It would be a statement that, to PF2's utter consternation, they don't think QB is critical to solve this year.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 05, 2011 07:48PM

Chyren, it's pretty much a fore-gone conclusion that until the bi-fecta wins, they will be second guessed on any move they make, right or wrong. I am 100% sure that whoever they pick, they will be thought of as morons until proven otherwise. I don't agree with this line of thought, but it is an absolute, for sure, fact of life.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 06, 2011 02:39AM

Not sure why we'd take a CB or DE. MAYBE the DE can move to OLB, but the CB would be a wasted pick unless he can return punts.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 06, 2011 04:21AM

I dont think that mock makes much sense. WHy would we reach for Mallett? I think taking him is a possibility, but we certainly would not do it with pick 15 IMO. The rest of the picks, I bet we dont make one of those picks, except maybe the safety from Nebraska. But who knows that late in the draft.
If we plan on picking Mallett with our first pick we would certainly trade back and do it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 06, 2011 03:33PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chyren, it's pretty much a fore-gone conclusion
> that until the bi-fecta wins, they will be second
> guessed on any move they make, right or wrong. I
> am 100% sure that whoever they pick, they will be
> thought of as morons until proven otherwise. I
> don't agree with this line of thought, but it is
> an absolute, for sure, fact of life.

RESPONSE: I totally agree and the draft is probably the least of the things they should be criticized for because, as I said, we have SO MANY different needs that to go in ANY direction can well be second-guessed by any person who says they should have gone in another direction. That is because we have so many needs.

Even defensive secondary in the sense that with the exception of Vontae Davis and Yeremiah Bell, I wouldn't give 2 cents for the players we have.

So as a result, they are going to be second-guessed until the future tells.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.