HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Irelands press conf.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Irelands press conf.
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 24, 2011 08:10AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Irelands press conf.
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 24, 2011 08:33AM

Interesting how he paid attention to the OL but they stunk it up last year.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 24, 2011 09:39AM

Thought the same thing Leon.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 24, 2011 09:41AM

Unless he's a bigger fool than even I thought, one should automatically discount his draft statements because the standard strategy of organizations at this point is to lead the interviewer AWAY FROM what they actually plan to do. Otherwise, if other teams know your wants, they make you pay more to fulfill those wants.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:16PM

I find that stratagem factoid a little naive I'm afraid. You mean to tell me that at this level, what you need isn't apparent to just about everyone that knows heads or tails about talent? Yes, romantic and alluring are the ways of the smokescreen and the bluff, but lets be honest, it's a conjured idea. Within reason, GM's across the league know what each team really needs to improve. It's a by product of the coverage.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:23PM

Hes saying like if you have your eye on a specific player that could really help your team, there going to try to get in the way of you picking them, or do anything they can to stiffen the price you will pay to get them.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:25PM

True enough Odenn, but particular players they might be looking to draft are kept under wraps. That's just being smart for obvious reasons.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:35PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: February 25, 2011 11:28AM

I think something happened medically with Jerry last year that was not disclosed. Before that he did not play bad, a few rookie mistakes, but he showed real promise and then it was like he was banished from the facility for a month or so and never returned to playing shape. I expect some big things out of Jerry this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.