HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Moving up???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Moving up???
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 04, 2011 04:57PM

Someone made a real good point that a lot of the playoff teams have top QB's with no name RB's. And top RB's aren't in the playoffs.

Could we give up next years # 1 to move up and get maybe Gabbert, Newton or Locker? This year is a great QB year.

I don't see us having anything else and we still need a quick playmaker

Hopefully we can get Ryan Kalil and Michael Bush or Deangelo Williams via FA and pickup Alan Bradford , Demarco Murray or another big RB later in the draft

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moving up???
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 04, 2011 05:02PM

My point exactly.

I said it. And I will say it again, the game of football revolves around the QB.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 05, 2011 05:29AM

The draft cant get here soon enough....I know the offseason is boring but why do i have the feeling its not going to be boring this year.

I think we are going to make a lot of moves this year for the better finnally.

Changes.

Head coach
OC
OL moves
Draft QB in first round
draft at least a couple of OL including a center high
a free agent receiver deep threat we lack that can compliment marshall
free agent ILB get rid of bigmouth crowder all talk no play

Make a dam move.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 05, 2011 09:13AM

It is early in the evaluation process and like every year. Some rated high at QB will slip and someone will make a huge jump like Flacco did.

Luck seems to be head and shoulders above everyone else but beyond him is where the pieces will fall into place after the combine. Working directly under a former NFL QB who was know for his smarts, gives Luck a huge leg up on everyone else IMO.

Beyond him (as of now) are 3 or maybe 4 QB's that are first rounders.

Jake Locker also worked in a pro style offense but his mechanics broke down this year and sources say he will need some work.

Cam Newton brings character questions that will be investigated but he seems to have put problems behind him and just seems to be a play maker who reminds me of Vince Young, only better. Does he have the maturity that Young does not? Newton will also need work to get him ready to play QB in the NFL but he may be able to get by on athleticism until he can learn the intricacies of an NFL QB.

Blaine Gabbert is another who will need time to learn a pro style offense. He ran a spread offense and never had to make multiple reads but that is about the only knock on him I have heard.

Ryan Mallet is one who may benefit from his gunslinger mentality in working with a WR like Brandon Marshall.

Who will actually throw and work out ant the combine...who will play in the Senior Bowl (Jake Locker only senior 1st round prospect), who will excel in team workouts,...etc???

Who will fit the system in Miami...whatever offense that turns out to be? Can we find a QB coach/O.C. who can get the most out of a rookie?

I wouldn't pull a Ditka to trade everything for a RB but I might give up quite a bit for Andrew Luck. We have no other option than to draft a QB high as there will be none in FA worth anything. What else can we do other than hope for Christian Ponder in the 3rd? No thanks!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 05, 2011 09:17AM

Well we just signed a 2nd year man Brandstater, who worked with McFagels soooooooooo???

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2011 09:31AM

spam.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 05, 2011 09:34AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> spam.

That comes in a can right??? LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.