HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jay Glazer on HC openings:
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jay Glazer on HC openings:
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 30, 2010 11:52AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jay Glazer on HC openings:
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 30, 2010 11:56AM

I keep reading reports that Harbaugh might be headed to Ann Arbor.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 30, 2010 12:03PM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 30, 2010 12:25PM

Bowden would not let Elway buy into the team in the past. That part is up in the air. Elway will be named VP of Football Operations very soon.

If the Broncos beat the Chargers this weekend and Tebow does well, you might see Elway keep Studesville on as HC. He has great credentials and comes highly recommended by Shannahan. Could happen, but then again might not.

I don't know if I like Sparano staying but with the right OC and new QB??

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 30, 2010 12:26PM

That all sounds reasonable.

The fact we have no QB has everything to do with this regime.

I’d like to know just where Sparano stood on picking Henne and also Pat White. Or is the entire roster essentially Ireland’s work (with Parcells influence)? It’s always been insinuated it’s collaborative.

Whatever the reality is I want to know WHY we have a QB black hole. Right now there’s no ultimate responsibility / accountability being expressed on the core problem. Someone in the organization needs to step up and take ownership of this IMO.

Is the cure more of the disease?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 30, 2010 01:28PM

Sparano makes game-time decisions that are poor. One would hope that he can correct that with more experience, atleast I hope he would.

But, the simple fact is, Henning and Henne hurt this team.

Especially Henning, and then Henne fails when put in a position to win the game. Henne is just not a capable enough QB at this time to put a team on his shoulders and pull at a "W".

He seems like a *GREAT* backup to have on your team, just not your starting QB.

We need a leader who is able to get in guys face's and yell at them. That is just not Henne's personality.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 30, 2010 02:42PM

I try not to read a huge amount into these reports, although Jay Glazer usually has more right than wrong. I've read 3-4 reports today alone that have Sparano getting canned simply because the entire coaching staff knew at the beginning of this year what they had in Henne but tried to "make it work" in light of his obvious deficiencies. Sparano may be back next year, or he may be going down with the ship that is Titanic Henning/Henne. I'm just going to adopt a wait and see attitude about this now. Something tells me a nice chunk of this decision might rest on the performance we put on in Foxboro?

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:05PM

I don't think one meaningless game matters at this point.

Tony will be judged on the entirety of his tenure here.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 30, 2010 03:10PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think one meaningless game matters at this
> point.
>
> Tony will be judged on the entirety of his tenure
> here.

One would hope that in the interest of fairness that this is how things are done. But, and I stress this, you can't tell me that the three straight home losses, especially the last loss to the Lions don't resonate in Ross's mind as a great reason to can him. Something tells me that 2008 won't save Sparano's job for 2011.

Date: December 30, 2010 04:42PM

Odenn Wrote: One would hope that in the interest of fairness that this is how things are done. But, and I stress this, you can't tell me that the three straight home losses, especially the last loss to the Lions don't resonate in Ross's mind as a great reason to can him. Something tells me that 2008 won't save Sparano's job for 2011.

Now matter how you slice it, I agree the loss to the Lions at home is pretty impossible to swallow.

Bottom line, this is the “right 53” Sparano picked and he’s accountable for the results. Sure, he’s had bad luck at the QB position, but he’s also at least partly responsible for the composition we have at QB. And drafting one legit prospect in 3 years is no great testimony to his team architecture.

As far a Henning, Sparano is the HC and if the dude is too old or takes too many naps you have to move him OUT. But let’s be realistic, how many inside connections to coaching talent pools does Sparano really have? If you take away Dallas and the immediate Parcells links, Sparano is pretty thread bare. He’s not well connected on his own. At least this is what appears to be the reality…

So again, my question is WHAT IS HIS SOLUTION? Can he design and implement a plan on his own and make this program work? What are his resources (besides Parcells)? What’s in his background that gives credence to the fact he’s 100% qualified to take this team to the next level?

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 30, 2010 04:44PM

Based on the FO model this team had, Ireland made final decisions on personnel. Sparanoo was supposed to coach up whoever he was given.
The Pat White was a horrible pick, but I truely think Ireland was thinking Wildcat implications. That the Wildcat could evolve into something special and unique. Was Henning the problem there??
The Henne pick was bad in hindsight, but I think Ireland was on the right track. Big kid, big arm, big program, from a cold weather college(important IMO). just didn't pan out at the next level.
Could this also be on the QB coach for not having better success in developing Henne??

Date: December 30, 2010 05:01PM

RE: socalphin

This is a BIG part of the problem right now. We don’t really know the decision making structure is this regime (everyone assumed Parcells was the “decider” but now he’s gone and with that part of the accountability seems to be blurred).

You’re giving the HC a pass on personal (ie., “Sparano was supposed to coach up whoever he was given”) but implying an assistant coach (Henning) is somehow accountable for the Pat White pick.

Sorry but that’s nonsense.

Here's the fact: Sparano and Ireland are a matched pair and they OWN the product on the field, including roster composition, coaching, player development, and so forth.

No confusion. What you see on the field is exactly what they’ve produced.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 30, 2010 07:21PM

My point on Henning is that he didn't create and implement wildcat plays that would have used Pat White's skill sets to their maximum potential.
In hindsight it was a bad idea, and too soon in the developement of the team to be thinking "outside the box".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.