HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Retooling
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Retooling
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 08:11AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Retooling
Posted by: Wannyblows34 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 08:17AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reality is we need to do what we can to get some
> additional 2-4 round picks and retool. The pats
> are loaded with 8 in the first 4 rounds.
> Unfortunatley we don't seem to have a lot to
> trade. marshall, Henne, Bess & hartline maybe our
> best value.

You can go ahead and take Henne off the list

Date: December 23, 2010 08:25AM

Anything is possible. I expect his value is low right now, but value is in the eye of the beholder. Brady Quinn got moved!

Henne for Quinn or Clawson? Not sure if that is an upgrade, but you never know.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 08:29AM

ugh, no more retread bust backup QBS please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 23, 2010 09:10AM

I don't see a solution at QB in that at all. And as others have noted, Henne is worth a few paperclips and a used band aide right now.

You completely missed our deepest position and most likely for trade value, the DL. I’d look there before trading Marshall away. That would be utterly foolish after just giving up two #2’s for the dude.

Hartline is a nice player but he isn’t worth anything yet. Bess is the best bait we have on the offense but I can’t see us getting rid of the kid. He’s exactly the type of player you build winning teams with and he’s done nothing here but get better and better.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 09:16AM

Well even though our offense sucked with Hartline, it CLEARLY SUCKED MUCH HARDER without him.

I wanted Vincent Jackson, to shore up our WR problems, however we are cheap!!

Our FO should be fired for not trading to get the guy. Hell then all we would need to do in the draft is retool the O-line and find a OC worth a shi.

Oh well now we will trade down once, to re-acquire our second round pick, then use that on a Center, with our First round pick prob on a tackle. Better be a tackle!!!

Basically if we had a better O-line we would have been a 10 win team this year.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2010 09:33AM

Date: December 23, 2010 09:37AM

I can when you have the oppertunity to SHORE UP A POSITION, in a uncapped year.

EVERY good offense in the league has at least two high profile wr's who do damage.

Hell let's trade Hartline, our first round pick after we trade down winking smiley to Dallas for Miles Austin in the draft he would be cheaper and compliment our wr core VERY well him Marshall and BESS good god man we wouldnt need a TE to catch lol just help block!!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2010 09:52AM

"EVERY good offense in the league has at least two high profile wr's who do damage."

I'm not arguing that, but fair is fair, with the money shelled out/wasted in recent years you can't really call em cheap.

Date: December 23, 2010 10:03AM

Ok they put the money in the wrong places.

Get the damn wr's when they are available.

That to me is common sense, and to not do it means cheap or just stupid.

I was just being nice, and not disscrediting our team's ability to acquire talent you know like the Jets have, and other teams.

So your saying there not cheap just stupid. Well I guess.

Date: December 23, 2010 10:16AM

Volek could give us a good 2-3 years. Devlin could be a 3-4 round value We have seen a #1 WR not helping Chad henne. Bad OC and bad decisions not to upgrade RB have hurt, but still a lot has to go on his shoulders and inability to execute at a high level

Not sure what Denver will do with Orton. I expect Mcnabb to go to AZ unless someone offers him big $

OL is an issue and needs upgrading, but a playmaker like Jernigan keeps teams like Philly in games.

DL might bring us something, but hope Odrick can play. Who knows what will hapen with merling or Solai

Fact is we have been real poor at the draft and FA

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:20AM

We need to draft a QB in the first round folks. We do not need any more QBs from other team who have been in other systems.

We need to groom our own out of the draft. If we need to trade up for one then be it. There is going to be 3 good ones this year and we need to take a chance with any of them. Maybe out luck will change.

If we draft a qb in the 2nd round or lower than that i will not be too happy with that decission.

John Beck
Chad Henne
ETC ETC

We need a first round Talented QB this year.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: December 23, 2010 12:22PM

I suspect we will most likely move back in the first round to acquire an extra pick.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 01:23PM

Henne has 0 worth

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 23, 2010 01:42PM

Dolfan1, its been a few threads since you lamented about the shear awesomeness that is Brady. You're slippin bro.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:08PM

Leshoure is a 3rd round guy. Why would we take him in the 1st?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 23, 2010 04:49PM

Date: December 24, 2010 03:40AM

Ryan Williams will be the 2nd. Leshoure third. Either way, we are splitting hairs.

But, I dont think Leshoure will be in the league in 3 years. He has "nobody" written all over him.

---------------------

Date: December 24, 2010 06:47AM

A&O said

But, I dont think Leshoure will be in the league in 3 years. He has "nobody" written all over him.

So did guys like terrel Davis, Christian Okoye, Marian Barber, Ahmad BradshaW, Chris Ivory, Peyton Hillis, etc

Nothing is guaranteed abd You never know when players will get injured. Look at kijana carter, and what, 3-4 top backs taken this year out for the season before it even began.

Reality is our running game and QB need an overhaul. There might be some good FA's available, but this is a crapshoot also.

I love Lamichael James but don't know if he can take the NFL pounding

Date: December 24, 2010 07:38AM

Hey pal, calm down. It is just my opinion.

Kind of like the topic started the other day about college prospects.

In my opinion, I think he will be a bust....that just me. Maybe he turns out to be Jim Brown or Walter Peyton. I have no clue.

It is just my gut feeling, but hey, if he is your boy....I mean no harm by it.

---------------------

Date: December 24, 2010 08:27AM

No problem. In reality there is no sure thing. Guys we think will be stars are busts and vice versa. Hopefully changes at the top can rebuild and have better results in FA & the draft

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 24, 2010 09:29AM

You wanted Vincent Jackson?

Hey, HE WAS UNDER CONTRACT. He wasn't unsigned going into the season. He was HOLDING OUT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.