HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Home Games
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Home Games
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:48PM

now I know this isn't why we've been so crappy at home, though the lack of a real home crowd certainly doesn't help.

but as someone who grew up in miami and now live in DC, I've got to say that I am totally embarrassed at the crowd at miami home games, and the so-cheesy stadium stuff.

(1) stadium only 1/2 full. I don't want to hear about whatever hocus pocus they do to call these game sell outs, there are more orange seats visible at almost every game than fans.

(2) what crowd is there is so quiet and meek. can barely hear them. compare that to the crowd at a jets or giants or pats game and it's like a roar compared to a squeak.

(3) 1 and 2 can be pinned on the poor play of the team and people just not being in to it. But that STUPID jimmy buffet song they play after the rare score. Have they really dumped the fight song, for this dreck? sure it was cheesy but it was tradition and the drums at the beginning of the song post a score did fire up folks (me anyway). Fins to the left, fins to the right? what the hell is that? to me it saps whatever energy a crowd could have. and "we will rock you" after every loss-clinching INT or fumble or whatever, what the hell is that? and Da-yo, and woot there it is? who still does this crap any more? and why the hell are people going to the game dressed as "scary clowns" in aqua and orange face paint?? exhume dolphan denny please.

anyway just ranting. there's not much left to say about the product on the field, it's been beaten to death and we just need to clean house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Home Games
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 19, 2010 12:49PM

I'm sure we'll have another celebrity owner next season.

Don't worry, man!

Date: December 19, 2010 12:51PM

thanks for reminding me, I didn't even mention the lame celebrity owners!! gloria estefan, fergie, jlo? if we're going that route can't we at least get someone cool to buy in?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:08PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks for reminding me, I didn't even mention the
> lame celebrity owners!! gloria estefan, fergie,
> jlo? if we're going that route can't we at least
> get someone cool to buy in?

Yeah, maybe R. Lee Ermey could buy in. This team could use a friggin' Drill Sergeant for an owner.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:15PM

Lots of orange seats which is making Ross angry. He wants to change this club. Let's see what New York money and northern mentality can do. Usually it's. Winning formula.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:38PM

I was surprised to hear the announcer remarking that the crowd noise was disrupting the Bills. Anybody else hear that. Must have been a bunch of cell phones going off at the same time.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:40PM

They got loud after that 4th quarter touchdown.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:45PM

Ok from someone that is a season Ticket holder and is at every Home Game, first the play has Sucked, we are a Joke with all these Owners, and This stupid Fins up and Fins to the Left Fins to the Right Crap, We have won one Game and you want us to be Loud and Excited, they are Lucky most of us Season Ticket Holders renew and Show up.... I can not say for sure I will continue to be one.... and seems every one around me is thinking the same thing....

Date: December 19, 2010 02:11PM

what is the crowd reaction when they play fins to the left crap, is anyone into to it or does everyone think its lame?

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: December 19, 2010 02:14PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> what is the crowd reaction when they play fins to
> the left crap, is anyone into to it or does
> everyone think its lame?

95% think it is lame... and we used to Booo it, but did not stop it...

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 19, 2010 03:26PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> exhume
> dolphan denny please.

Phhhbt LOL that WOULD bring more energy to the crowd, that's for sure.

Hell, bring back the jazzy band that used to be in the open end zone of the Orange Bowl. That's better than the mish mash of CRAP going on these days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.