HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dansby was hurting yesterday and Marshall inactive
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dansby was hurting yesterday and Marshall inactive
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 29, 2010 11:47AM

Obviously something was bothering Dansby yesterday. He played minimal snaps, and when he was in the game he wasnt all that effective. I thought Dobbins, had a good game replacing him, that big hit that forced the fumble that YB recovered was Dobbins and he had another nice run stuff behind the line of scrimmage. It was nice to see him step up and play much better then he did earlier in the season.
Dansby's injuries worry me a bit, he has been an anchor for this defense. With Turf toe and now a wrist injury, hopefully he gets healthy, these type of injuries can be nagging..

Also something else of note, was that both are top signed free agents, B marshall and K Dansby were either not playing or not healthy enough to be relevant, and both sides of the ball probably had their best games... The Defense played pretty damn amazing, and the pass offense flowed as well as it had all season.... I find it a bit odd, that we had our best game with both our top FA's not playing... Makes you think sometimes....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dansby was hurting yesterday and Marshall inactive
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 29, 2010 12:53PM

I saw only half the game because my wife dragged me to the dam mall...WHIPPED YUP............................I did not see darnsby in any play in the first half.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 29, 2010 12:55PM

Date: November 29, 2010 01:09PM

Phinsfan,
Sorry you are right, I seem to get him mixed up as FA, cause everyone knew Marshall was leaving Denver. Although I will be reminded again this draft... But you get the point of them not having an impact..
I like both Marshall and Dansby both alot and are happy they are DOlphins.. But facts are facts and caught me off guard. You would think the defense would struggle without Dansby they didnt, and same with lack of Marshall for the offense. I am sure it had alot to do with our opponent other then the Defensive stats. But still a good sign our team played pretty well with out the new stars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 01:31PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 29, 2010 01:24PM

Ricky was asked on his radio show, why the offense played so well yesterday without Marshall. He said, "the coaches were more relaxed yesterday and more confident in the gameplan, not having to force trying to get someone the ball"

His comments infered that Marshall has a negative impact on the success and cohesion of the offense at this point. Ricky said it was good for the offense to succeed with out Marshall, to realize they can and it was good for Marshall to see the offense be successful with out him. He said it should help the other players have more confidence and help Marshall to try to fit in better rather then it being forced by the coaches...

Sid was asking him about it and he just responded but it was interesting how he chose to respond to the questioning. All of this was said in a round about polite non aggressive way. So please dont take it out of context of the discussion. You can listen for yourself on wqam tomorrow once it is posted. Either way what do you guys think of those comments?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.