HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2nd and 14
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2nd and 14
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 28, 2010 12:47PM

...and we call an 8 yard pitch.....BACKWARDS!!!! I wish you could fire personnel (say an offensive coordinator for instance) right in the middle of a game. I'm disgusted by how many plays Henning calls that call for us to heave the ball 38 yards backwards behind the line of scrimmage to one of our backs so he then has to run an additional chunk of yards just to get back to the LOS.

Our backs are having a terrible year and they are playing behind a down graded and now banged up O-line and Henning thinks pitching the ball 8 yards backwards on 2nd and 14 is the way to go. These guys are supposed to be stat junkies. If that were true, you'd think they'd pick up on the fact that everytime we run one of those horrible plays or run the wildcat, we usually take a HUGE loss and almost always kill our drive. And yet it continues. I seriously rewound the 2nd and 14 play where we pitched it to Ricky and it was in fact an 8 yard pitch backwards in the other direction, toward our own goal and this is when we are like on our own 16 or something. I have yet to see our team turn one of the plays into a significant gain of any kind.

I think Henning is suffering from dementia. He continues to select plays that destroy whatever progress our offense makes. Henning must have a chapter in his playbook called "Play Killers" where all the wildcat plays and negative yardage pitches he dials up when Henne starts getting hot and moving the ball down the field are located. Someone should rip that chapter out of his playbook.

On a related note, with the exception of the bad decision to hurl the ball into the endzone into coverage that caused a pick, Henne has been playing very well. He's hit a number of touch passes, one that resulted in a TD. He's also been doing a nice job against Nnamdi Asomugho, connecting with Bess when he's been up against him multiple times. Impressive. Let's see if Hene can continue te be successful in spite of the crippling play calling he has to deal with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2nd and 14
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 28, 2010 02:52PM

Did anyone else see the camera pan to Nnamdi sitting on the sidelines during much of the 4th quarter when Oakland was on defense. Any chance they put him on the bench for repeatedly getting assaulted by giving up plays to Henne and Bess all afternoon?

All kidding aside, Henne threw Nnamdi's way all afternoon and continued to connect. He pretty much owned him. The endzone pick aside, this was a monster game for Henne and an impressive rebound from the injuries and struggles of the last few weeks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.