HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Has this team decertified?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Has this team decertified?
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:45PM

I just read that Seattle just decertified in case of the CBA not reaching agreements.

Has this team done that yet?

I'm tell you this doesnt sound like good news for football next year.

I waunder if ticket price's will be affected by the new plan being put into place.

I cannot speak for everyone however I would deff go to a couple Dolphin games a year if I could get a decent ticket for 100 bucks or less.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has this team decertified?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:53PM

Yes, I read last week that the team voted to decertify and it was unanimous

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 18, 2010 12:58PM

They are decertifying, so they are no longer a union and then they plan to sue based on antitrust with Manangement locking them out. It is really just a legal tactic more then anything. And it will probably just piss off the owners worst and make it less likely we see football next year. THis just means the 2 sides are moving farther apart and plan to get vicious.... It sucks....

Date: November 18, 2010 01:03PM

No it doesnt suck, it needed to be done, so lets just get it done.

Heck all the good teams will be crap if this last for 2 or 3 years lol....

Seriously though the NFL has ALOT of issues that needs to be adressed.

I'm glad that it will finaly be adressed, and I hope it doesnt take to long.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 18, 2010 01:59PM

They should be able to come to an agreement, if they don't it's selfish on the owners and players part.

The only ones that suffer from a lockout are us the fans you know the ones that make the NFL a profitable league and the players multimillionaires.

Disgraceful if they let this get to a lockout!

Date: November 18, 2010 02:02PM

Why is it dissgracfull?

I'm surious because I mean lets look at the price of merchandise, and the cost of tickets.

Both are EXTREMELY high, and to me at least are a bit outragous.

Now will this lockout fix that, prob not, well prob will for at least a year or two, to maybe to get fans back in it.

Yeah it will suck but we will have college, UFL and CFL. Who knows maybe another league will pop up?

Date: November 18, 2010 02:19PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is it dissgracfull?
>
> I'm surious because I mean lets look at the price
> of merchandise, and the cost of tickets.
>
> Both are EXTREMELY high, and to me at least are a
> bit outragous.
>
> Now will this lockout fix that, prob not, well
> prob will for at least a year or two, to maybe to
> get fans back in it.
>
> Yeah it will suck but we will have college, UFL
> and CFL. Who knows maybe another league will pop
> up?

Merchandise is pretty reasonable actually i don't see what you can gripe about there.

The NFL like all major sports is about supply and demand, if you can't afford to go to a game than either save up and treat yourself or quit whining about it.
Tickets are expensive because people will pay to see a game live, if everyone shared you're opinion that it's too expensive stadiums would be half full and the players would not be making as much as they are today.

Date: November 18, 2010 02:25PM

Or Stadiums could lower ticket cost.

Do the players really need to make multi million dollars?

Well I for one with along of many other fans, don't want to pay thousands of dollars a year to go to a game, watch the game from far away, pay like 8 bucks for a hotdog?

I could afford the ticket's, but why? I would rather put the money on a vacation with the family, or go fishing, or buy another car, or add another mod to my trans-am. Or I could do alot more like keep buying game's for the Wii, AND 360, and cpu, and I can buy another 50 inch plasma.

Just saying I don't mind paying money for a ticket, but over 200 dollars for a mid field ticket or more makes me laugh that people would pay that lol...

Then pay another 30 to 100 dollars on food and drink, so your saying you want to make it a once in a life time experiance, because unless somthing is done, its only going to keep getting higher, untill at last even you won't have the money to enjoy it to it's fullest.

7 bucks for a beer? It's been awhile since Ive been to a football stadium, but I know that its expensive.

I don't whine about it, I just don't go to it, I watch it all for free on a BIG ole projecter screen and pay 10 bucks for a couple cold beers, and some awsome food.

I will go one day to a real game, the MWR for the military let us go to the pre-season games for I think it was 25 bucks for a ticket.

Might been less been like 4 years anyways I can't wait for the lockout.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 02:32PM by Mia1.

Date: November 18, 2010 02:35PM

I agree with you there that the food prices in stadiums are just sick I mean 7 bucks for a beer is pretty bad not just the nfl but in all sports.

But I hate to break it to you the lockout is not going to bring down ticket prices and if it did it would not be nowhere near enough to satisfy you.

But ordering pizza cracking out Beers and watching at home with friends/family is just as fun as going to a game especially if you're seats are a bit far away from the action.

Date: November 18, 2010 02:37PM

Yeah I'll toast to that baby.smileys with beer Speaking of which Im cracking out the Pap's right now happy happy joy joy!!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 18, 2010 03:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.