HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano says Henne is day to day and taking reps this week
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sparano says Henne is day to day and taking reps this week
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:26AM

It appears Henne is taking reps

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sparano says Henne is day to day and taking reps this week
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:30AM

If he starts Sparano is fired.

I will never forgive him if he lets Henne start this week period.

Date: November 15, 2010 11:31AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he starts Sparano is fired.
>
> I will never forgive him if he lets Henne start
> this week period.

Why is that? I dont understand

Date: November 15, 2010 11:33AM

4 days after a disslocated knee, with our starting left tackle possibly out.

You really wana start a bumbed up SLOW like turtle slow QB TO BEGIN WITH but even slower now if he has a brace against the Bears defense?

Or a just as capible QB who can scramble and kick ass?

Date: November 15, 2010 11:35AM

If Henne doesnt need surger then rest his ass for at least 2 to 3 week, and have him as our number 2 qb, and also bring in Tomy Brady as our third, or Brandstater.

Date: November 15, 2010 11:38AM

Long isnt out and how do you know the extent of the Henne injury? Sparano didnt really discuss specifics. He didnt rule out Thigpen either. He was asked if THigpen's play warrants a start even if Henne is healthy. He said Henne's play warrant him playing, he then went on to sat they both played pretty well. He basicly said Henne played extremely well yesterday, and he would not rule him out

Date: November 15, 2010 11:46AM

Again you know my stance on this week regardless.

The players responded to Thigpen, he responded to them it was a beautiful thing to watch, and on primetime, if we start Henne you will see him be sacked at least twice prob 4 times.

It will be sucicide DON'T DO IT.

If he doesnt play he can rest his knee, and will be available for next week, however if he does play it could be very likely he will get reinjured then what?

For what purpose, as if he is leaps and bounds better than Thigpen.

Last time I checked Thigpen was high fiving and jumping on guys, while Henne was cursing at them. Just saying...

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:49AM

Even the players showed their frustration on National TV with Henne. I think if Henne, who acts like Frankenstein in the pocket, had half the awareness or speed that Thiggy has, he would not have suffered this injury. Let's hope he's not going back in anytime soon.

Date: November 15, 2010 12:05PM

Henne had a great game yesterday before he was injured. He had one of his longest passes of his career and defintely this year, and moved the ball well when good plays were called.His stats speak for themselves. Sorry you guys dont want to accept stats and dont realize Henne played well yesterday! Either way, I am not against giving Thigpen a chance, if he is in better shape to to run the offense then Henne on thursday. Stop The hating!!!!! You guys are ridiculous.

Date: November 15, 2010 12:17PM

I don't mind Henne starting, but he is injured pretty bad, and THIGPEN right now is our best chance at winning.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:09PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> I don't mind Henne starting, but he is injured
> pretty bad, and THIGPEN right now is our best
> chance at winning.

RESPONSE: There are icicles in hell. I agree with Mia1. I don't think it is too wise to start a questionably healthy Henne and I do think Thiggy gives us the best chance of winning.

Date: November 15, 2010 01:12PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> I don't mind Henne starting, but he is injured
> pretty bad, and THIGPEN right now is our best
> chance at winning.

I agree, if Henne is injured bad , then I have no problem and support Thigpen against the bears. I wouldnt want a weak and wobbly Henne trying to make things happen just for the sake of it. Now if THigpen looks awful, I also got no problem going to Henne is he is healthy enough. Either way, whoever starts needs to play well!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:30PM

The dude's hurt and is gimpy.

Let him get healthy. If Thigpen plays well, then great! Let Henne keep resting.

And if Thigpen sucks? Controversy averted, Henne gets healthy fast. smiling smiley

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 03:41PM

I dont think theres a chance of Henne starting, i feel like its a head game sort of thing to make the bears anticipate anything, make them waste time getting ready for Henne and Thigpen.

Also i read it reported that Henne has a dislocated Knee Cap, ill post the link if i can find it again.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: November 15, 2010 03:45PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> I dont think theres a chance of Henne starting, i
> feel like its a head game sort of thing to make
> the bears anticipate anything, make them waste
> time getting ready for Henne and Thigpen.
>
> Also i read it reported that Henne has a
> dislocated Knee Cap, ill post the link if i can
> find it again.

I agree, Sparano is probably playing head games with Chicago.

As far as the knee cap report, it is all over the fantasy football sites

Date: November 15, 2010 03:58PM

Its been reported that Henne didnt practice tonight

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 15, 2010 04:27PM

Henne should sit out Thursdays game and rest his knee. If he's not hurt badly then the 13 days off will do him good.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:00PM

yeah say what you want about his play yesterday but didn't he get us like 2 touchdowns out of the 4 times he had us in the redzone? against the number 1 redzone defense

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:28PM

Come on guys it is smoke talk, for some reason teams like to disguise to confuse other teams... If the bears think that henne may start that is two qb's that you have to prepare for. It is hard enough to prepare for thiggy since not alot of film on him, now if you think henne may start you are preparing for a ghost cause I hope and dont think he will start. expecially after how well thiggy played

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:32PM

quote: "Let him get healthy. If Thigpen plays well, then great! Let Henne keep resting"

Let him keep resting to unemployment!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:34PM

quote: "Let him get healthy. If Thigpen plays well, then great! Let Henne keep resting"

Let him keep resting to unemployment! I wish Tyler great luck on Thursday.....kick some ass and show the robotic gimp how to win a game and motivate a team!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:56PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> 4 days after a disslocated knee, with our starting
> left tackle possibly out.
>

Dislocated knee CAP, not dislocated knee. The patella is a floating bone that does not bear weight, although it surely affects movement.

Having said that I agree that Thigpen should start.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 06:57PM by JC.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 15, 2010 08:29PM

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: November 16, 2010 04:25AM

You guys don't know crap about football if your wanting Henne to start. If you watched the actual game, you saw him go 3 and out, 3 straight times. You also saw him throw 2 terrible throws with that "BIG ARM". Hartline caught one, but if Henne leads him, it a TD, instead of the FG we are all accustom too. And then the deep INT to Marshall. You can see
the offense does not believe in him.

Thig might throw some picks, but at least he gives the players(and us) something to be excited about. Look at what the mobility did for the Eagles last night. I truly hope Sparano is playing head games, cause if
Henne starts, will be really dissappointed.

Date: November 16, 2010 05:11AM

SigKash Wrote:
> You guys don't know crap about football if your
> wanting Henne to start. If you watched the actual
> game, you saw him go 3 and out, 3 straight times.
> You also saw him throw 2 terrible throws with that
> "BIG ARM". Hartline caught one, but if Henne
> leads him, it a TD, instead of the FG we are all
> accustom too. And then the deep INT to Marshall.
> You can see
> the offense does not believe in him.
>

I want Henne to start only if he's 100% healthy. So I guess I know nothing about football. I also know nothing about football when I notice that Henne completed about 2/3 of his passes and I think that's a good ratio. And finally, I surely know nothing about football when I point out that Henne came into the game with the score 0-0 and left with the team in the lead. Yes, Henne could have played better, he did not have a perfect game by any means, but he led the team to victory nonetheless and he needs to be on the field (if healthy) in order to improve his game and pay off as an investment by our team. But I know nothing so I need to study some more.

> Thig might throw some picks, but at least he gives
> the players(and us) something to be excited about.
> Look at what the mobility did for the Eagles last
> night. I truly hope Sparano is playing head
> games, cause if
> Henne starts, will be really dissappointed.

HAHA This is great. Thigpen is exonerated in advance for throwing interceptions, but if HENNE does, it well...it's death row for him. Classic.

I will root for whoever starts. Proving once again that I don't know crap about football.

Date: November 16, 2010 05:36AM

First off, when he entered the game, lets not forget about the field position. He got lucky Polite was able to get a first down after the dink pass. And also, he didn't lead the team to victory, that sir, would be thig. If they go three and out, or don't score, TN is a touchdown away from winning the game. Lets get objective, look at his passer rating(79.4) and INT to TD(11 to 9) ratio. Hell, just look at his TD's(9). The numbers show he is a below average QB. I have been a henne supporter all year, but I finally have to agree, Henne doesn't have "IT". That it being an emotional leader. I posted this somewhere else, but what do these guys have in commom:
Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Manning
Rivers
Marino

They are all get into the game. Their intensity and emotions are full throttle. Henne just doesn't have "IT". He seems like a good guy that works hard, but we have too much talent to keep waiting for him to "mature". Go ask Sam Bradford how long its taking him.

Date: November 16, 2010 06:53AM

SigKash Wrote:
> First off, when he entered the game, lets not
> forget about the field position. He got lucky
> Polite was able to get a first down after the dink
> pass.

Yes he had good field position. But he got lucky because his teammates executed? Okay then, Thigpen got "lucky" that Fasano caught his TD pass, and he got 'lucky' that the two Tennessee defenders conked their heads into each other instead of jarring the ball loose from Fasano. Lucky. come on. Lucky is the TD by Ochocinco batted into his hands. Lucky is the receiver for Jacksonville having the hail mary pass knocked into his hands at the one yard line.

And also, he didn't lead the team to
> victory, that sir, would be thig.

No...sir...it wouldn't be. Thigpen entered the game with a lead and iced it by completing an excellent drive down the field and sealed the victory by adding a TD to extend our lead.

If they go
> three and out, or don't score, TN is a touchdown
> away from winning the game. Lets get objective,

But you're operating on the assumption that Henne is an automatic 3 and out, when he'd put 23 points on the board. that's not objective.

> look at his passer rating(79.4) and INT to TD(11
> to 9) ratio. Hell, just look at his TD's(9). The
> numbers show he is a below average QB.

I agree with you here....his INTs in recent games have sent him from mediocre to slightly below average, at this point in the year. However I think he still has potential to improve, and if left in as a starter (if healthy of course) he would VERY likely have better numbers in the remaining games especially considering that the schedule looks MUCH easier in the remaining weeks.

I have
> been a henne supporter all year, but I finally
> have to agree, Henne doesn't have "IT".

I'm glad you've supported him, as have I...and I will support Thigpen or Ramsay or whoever the hell is behind center. But your definition of "IT" is different than mine:

That it
> being an emotional leader.

Emotion is great. I loved watching Marino be an emotional leader

I posted this
> somewhere else, but what do these guys have in
> commom:
> Brady
> Brees
> Rodgers
> Manning
> Rivers
> Marino
>

What they also have in common is they got results..is it ONLY because of their emotion? Even Henne was seen jawing at Fasano...maybe he's starting to show some.

By the way, these guys:

Johnny Unitas
Bob Griese
Roger Staubach
Bart Starr

older than hell examples I know....but were NOT known for their emotion but for winning nonetheless.

Date: November 16, 2010 08:05AM

I appreciate the healthy debate and apologize for the "don't know crap" statement as I was completely fed up with Henne after telling alot of people he will be ok. I still truly believe he doesn't have "it", but will not root against the guy. If he plays, hope he does well. Anxious to see what Thig has though.

Date: November 16, 2010 08:19AM

SigKash Wrote:
> I appreciate the healthy debate and apologize for
> the "don't know crap" statement as I was
> completely fed up with Henne after telling alot of
> people he will be ok. I still truly believe he
> doesn't have "it", but will not root against the
> guy. If he plays, hope he does well. Anxious to
> see what Thig has though.

NO need to apologize...in another thread Thigpen was compared to a "young Steve Young"....look at that guy's stats for his first two years in Tampa Bay...then he was Montana's backup for several more years. The niners had a lot of patience with him. I wonder if we will have that much patience with either Henne or Thigpen if they develop on a slower pace than Marino did.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 16, 2010 08:52AM

Most people around these parts don't have any patience for Henne, especially.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.