HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do we pack it in?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Do we pack it in?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:44AM

Poll
With Penny out for the year, Henne likely out for the year, Long possibly out for the year, and Wake hobbled, what should we do?
Voting is currently disabled for this poll.
12 votes were received.
Trade for a decent QB backup, encourage Long and Wake to play through the pain, and shoot for the playoffs! 2

17%
Pick up whatever QBs we can find in free agency, let Long and Wake sit out the next game and hope they heal, and PRAY we keep winning. 9

75%
Pick up whatever QBs we can find in free agency, put Long on IR, keep Wake out until he's healthy, pack it in and plan for next year. 1

8%

I'm voting for #3. I don't like giving up on the season, but yesterday's game was devastating. I don't see the point of risking further injury to our top defensive and offensive players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 06:46AM by montequi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do we pack it in?
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:54AM

woah what did i miss what happened to long and wake?

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:55AM

I think we can win. Just me though.

I am not a quitter and do not endorse it at all.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 15, 2010 06:56AM

Not all injuries are season ending. As for Jake and Wake, we just need to see what the doctors say. Maybe they miss a game or two; or maybe they are able to play through it. Gotta have docs you can trust in a situation like this.

As of today, we are 5-4 and only 1 game out of the playoffs as of today. Also, our 3rd QB may be as effective as the 1 and 2 guys. So we are still very much in the playoff hunt.

My answer: Don't trade for a QB. (I would roll with Thigpen and the best FA's we can get.) Play Jake and Wake if they are able to. If they aren't able to play this week, get the backups ready to play the game of their lives on Thursday and maybe we can have the starters back after a 9 day rest.

...and keep winning.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:01AM

#2 is the choice.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:34AM

You must be kidding, right? The only option is #2. You can't trade for a decent QB at this time of the year. If you could, Dallas would have already grabbed him (whomever it would be).You take a good long look at Thigpen, see if he can be your #1 or #2 QB next year. If Wake and/or Long have to sit this week, they get another week and a half to get ready for Oakland. You button up, put your best 22 out there, and see if you can do to Chicago what you did to Tennessee.
The Bears have average offensive talent (besides the Qcool smiley. Hester is a fast, but average WR, and if Miami can slow down the running game, we have a very good chance to beat Chicago.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:35AM

The trade deadline passed two or three (or four) weeks ago.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 07:59AM

this poll makes no sense. there is no option other than to pick up a street free agent to fill the #2 and #3 spots behind Thigpen. we are not going to deliberately lose games just b/c we have injuries. The only thing we may consider doing is telling Long to go on IR rather than risk major permanent injury to his shoulder, if the docs say he can play but there would be some risk if he does.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:47AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:49AM

Fine. I closed the poll. I still think the question remains, with our depth GONE at QB, if Long is borderline playing or not...I'd rather he not. If Wake's injury nags him and could cause him to hurt it more, or could get him injured a different way due to overcompensating, then he should sit as well. There's no way we make the playoffs this year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 10:10AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 15, 2010 10:47AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many times does it need to be pointed out to
> people that are fans of the NFL that the trade
> deadline passed WEEKS ago.
>
> #1 isn't an option

It isn't even just fans who don't remember that. Just this morning I heard a PROFESSIONAL sports talk show host say that the Phins should offer Green Bay a third rounder for Favre so that Brett could finish out the season as a Phin.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 02:16PM

I think you should have left the poll open so we could see how many people actually think trades are still possible at this point in the season. and then ridicule them.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 15, 2010 05:34PM

Monte I respect most of your posts, but this idea of packing it in is ridiculous. This kind of adversity is what gives a young team like ours it's identity, with all the controversy over naming Penny the starter only to see him exit stage left right away, then see Henne do the same, Sundays win against a tough team was the type of gritty win that takes a young up-and-coming team to the next level. Packing it in now would surely put the final nail in Sparanos coffin.....with the fan base and owner. We need to see the same type of play calling the rest of the year that we saw Sunday and we'll be fine.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 15, 2010 08:34PM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 15, 2010 08:35PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 16, 2010 02:27AM

I didnt vote. Just sayin.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 16, 2010 03:10AM

After we win the Thursday nite game,, with flair,, only the die-hard whiners will still be talking down our chances to make the post season.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 16, 2010 10:48AM

EVEN without Long we will still be ok Marshall and Thigpen I like it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.