HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          "You only get one shot..."
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
"You only get one shot..."
Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: November 15, 2010 04:44AM

Crazy that the song Penny was rapping to came true in a heartbeat. Maybe a little "Too legit to Quit!?". Love Penny and wish him the best, hopefully that being on the Phins sideline in a coaching role.

I do not post much, but wanted to throw out some rational thought here on season.
1) I prayed Henne did not return to the game yesterday(and I have been a Henne supporter). I had been blaming the playcalling(which still is questionable), but after seeing the opportunities Henne had yesterday, he is an average QB that will never have the drive to win the big game. His has no touch on the ball, and that "big arm" is not accurate (aka long Marshall throw INT, and if he leads Hartline on long pass, its a TD). Second, as many of you have stated, he locks on. And also, how do you throw away from Marshall with one-on-one coverage in endzone? Third, after one three and out, he throws a terrible pass and comes off the field smiling. And last, ZERO mobility. He ran 12 yards for only a 2 yard gain. Dude is SLOW! I hate to pile on him, but he is not the answer.

2) Time to get Thiggy with it- Love the intensity, love the mobility, love the arm strength and quick release. And most important, love that he will let his receivers make plays. With the talent we have on the offensive side of the ball, almost any QB could have success if you let your supporting cast do work. Henne does not do this. Thig does. He may throw a few picks, but do does Payton, Brees, etc. But at least he is a playmaker. A friend that was watching the game with me made a great point, saying Thig reminds him alot of Aaron Rodgers. And if Thig would have been given these 3 years to learn, like Henne has, I believe we would have a franchise QB.

3)Love the Al Harris pickup, exactly what this secondary needed. They are looking better. The pass interference on Moss play should not have been called. Moss was grabbing Vontae the whole time. The TD was a bad play on Davis part, but other than that, good playing. And Rashad Jones, good things.

Had a few more things, but will leave it at that. I hope Thiggy is our QB for the next few weeks and they let him play is game. At least he provides some excitement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "You only get one shot..."
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 15, 2010 04:44AM

He had one fall down.

Its crazy how easily he gets hurt. When I called him an egg, it seriously seems like he is one. Crazy.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 15, 2010 08:02AM

Look it's been widely reported that Henne is not allowed by the coaches to change the play once it's called...the end zone play was called to be thrown to Hartline and that's where Henne went with the ball. If you wanted the ball to be thrown to Marshall then blame the coaches for it.

The ball thrown to Hartline was a bit underthrown but we are talking about say two feet. I don't blame Henne for that at all. Many factors could have effected the throw once it left Henne's hand and more to the point, it was a completion.

The ball thrown to Marshall that was picked was simly a bad throw...Henne gets the blame for this one.

And as far as mobility goes I remarked about the very play you are referring to and yes he wa slow...but later on her scrambled and elluded tacklers very nicely...so I think he's good enough here and he has been running more lately so he's making progress...all you can ask from him here.

Henne was; 19(att)-28(comp)-240(yds)-8.6(avg)-54(lng)-1thumbs down-1(int)-91.4(rtg)

Not a bad game and he tied his second best QB rating of the season. His short coming yesterday was that his completion percentage could have been a bit better and he threw one pick...those are fixable errors.

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:03AM

Let me give you some names and you tell me what they have in common:

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers

Emotional, all of them. They get into games and their passion shows. Marino was same way. That drive/emotions is the "IT" everyone talks about and henne doesn't have it. But Thig does.

Posted by: BansheeGoose ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:10AM

Good points SigKash. I've loved Thigpen since he was in KC, and I'm very excited that he gets his shot here. Here's to hoping that He leads us to The playoffs, or at leasts cements himself as our starter for years to come.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:47AM

What exactly was the rap on Thigpen in KC? I know they lost 9 of 11 with him, but at the same time they had a bottom 5 ranked D and LARRY JOHNSON was hurt. His stats looked pretty good including almost 400 yards rushing in 11 games. Why did they just dump him? Every time I've seen him take the field for the Phins (granted thats only been twice) he seems to bring that 'spark' Sparano keeps talking about.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 15, 2010 09:52AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What exactly was the rap on Thigpen in KC? I know
> they lost 9 of 11 with him, but at the same time
> they had a bottom 5 ranked D and LARRY JOHNSON was
> hurt. His stats looked pretty good including
> almost 400 yards rushing in 11 games. Why did
> they just dump him? Every time I've seen him take
> the field for the Phins (granted thats only been
> twice) he seems to bring that 'spark' Sparano
> keeps talking about.

He's not the first decent QB to get dumped. A number of guys have been dumped and gone on to play well for other teams. Remember Rich Gannon?
Sometimes it's coaching or GM philosophy. Sometimes it's a personality clash. Who knows? We're damn lucky to have him!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 15, 2010 10:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.