HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Looking to next year
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Looking to next year sad smiley
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 02:12PM

As unfortunate as it is, its the truth.

Thats not to say we cant make anything of this season its still possible that we will, but im not expecting it any more. The coaches are proving this by benching Henne. We are feeling around for what our Depth looks like and seeing if anyone is capable of stepping up and becomming a real starting option for next year, then we can judge what our draft board next year looks like.

If say they strike on something though that makes our team hot, we could still see post season, but a loss this weekend i think for all intensive purposes will eliminate us from playoff contention because we still play the Jets and Pats, and those are far from Guaranteed wins, not to mention, Cleveland and Oakland, which sadly are no guarantees either at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if we are 7-9 this year, i also wouldn't be shocked to see 12-4 still though.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking to next year sad smiley
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 10, 2010 02:28PM

LOL if you have an open mind for the playoffs still happening this year than what is the point of this thread?

How about we wait for the outcome of the next few games before we start looking to next year, we are 4-4 not 2-6.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 10, 2010 02:43PM

The point g_fish is trying to make is that the inmates have been given the keys to the Insane Asylum and it doesn't look good from this point on.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 03:17PM

Agreed, but it isn't "the truth" until it actually happens. No, it doesn't look good, but even the NFL Network shows us in the "in the hunt" column. You just never know.

Rick

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 03:49PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The point g_fish is trying to make is that the
> inmates have been given the keys to the Insane
> Asylum and it doesn't look good from this point
> on.

I think that's spot on. Parcells leaves and from that point forward the decisions have been inconsistent and seemingly impulsive. Cut Grove days after he was the starter. Cut veteran DLman at the beginning of the season for scrubs. Put Will Allen on IR when he was only to be out a few games. Declare Jason Allen the starter then cut him 2 weeks after he starts 7 weeks and leads the team in Ints (while keeping just signed scrub Nate Ness). Not sign Randy Moss allegedly because he's too old but put in a claim on injured Merriman. Sign 36 year old busted knees GB CB. This after not signing many verterans b/c they are "progress stoppers" (including our own JT). Then bench Henne ("the future"winking smiley for Penny making this season a complete waste if we go into the offseason wondering if we need to take a QB in the 1st round.

Anyone seen a method to this madness?

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 10, 2010 04:44PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> The point g_fish is trying to make is that the
> inmates have been given the keys to the Insane
> Asylum and it doesn't look good from this point
> on.

LOL that is the best thing youve ever written!! LOL ..... ohhh nice!

Date: November 10, 2010 05:17PM

that was a pretty good one there, and that is essentially the point here. I couldn't have described that better myself

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 10, 2010 06:11PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The point g_fish is trying to make is that the
> > inmates have been given the keys to the Insane
> > Asylum and it doesn't look good from this point
> > on.
>
>
> LOL that is the best thing youve ever written!!
> LOL ..... ohhh nice!

RESPONSE: Funny you should say that with a huge set of keys hanging from your neck.

Date: November 11, 2010 04:43AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Mia1 Wrote:
> -----
> > ChyrenB Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The point g_fish is trying to make is that
> the
> > > inmates have been given the keys to the
> Insane
> > > Asylum and it doesn't look good from this
> point
> > > on.
> >
> >
> > LOL that is the best thing youve ever written!!
> > LOL ..... ohhh nice!
>
> RESPONSE: Funny you should say that with a huge
> set of keys hanging from your neck.

Wow you just typed the greatest thing you written on here, and totatly followed it up with the dumbest!

What in the wild wild world of sports does that mean?

Date: November 11, 2010 06:31PM

i think hes calling you an inmate to the asylum

Date: November 12, 2010 07:20AM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> i think hes calling you an inmate to the asyluM

He is talking about the coaching staff g_fish. Its ok buddy we are here for you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.