Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do you think the miami dolphins DBs are just average?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Do you think the miami dolphins DBs are just average?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 10:03AM

Did we even have a sack yesterday?

It looks to me like they had all day to pass the rock and they have two hall of fame receivers and..........

Put up just 14 points on the scoreboard....7 of them on a clearly missed INT by clemmons.

1.Corner Vontae Davis Future pro bowler play maker. Tough agreessive tackles like a deer.

2.Corner Sean Smith Potential to be a great player..Combination of size and speed..Had the game winning INT that sealed the game yesterday against the bengals.

3.Safety Chris clemons Not many are high on this kid. I choose to see it another way. He is having a solid year. Solid tackler and quick

4. Safety Yeremiah Bell Solid runstopper solid tackler.. Always been a fan of him.

5.Corner Jason Allen.....The weakest link of them....Because he is erratic. Plays well on one game. Stinks on the next. Although he has had a couple solid games this year...I think leads the team in INTs.

This group of DBs are way above average. They just need a solid pass rush so they can work wonders.

I think the DBs coach is doing an exellent job.

GO PHINS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 10:09AM by samsam3738.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you think the miami dolphins DBs are just average?
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 01, 2010 10:27AM

I think the D as a whole played exceptionally well. Stuffed the run and stopped the pass. Good game for them.smileys with beer

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 01, 2010 10:29AM

Smith has a lot to prove. He allowed 19.8 yards per completion last season, worst in the NFL. Clemons has a lot to prove as well. He has been attacked more in the last couple of weeks, and he has not stepped up.

Date: November 01, 2010 10:35AM

Leon i agree........this team is seriously becoming outstanding on Defense against the run....And all that without ODrick our first round pick....

Date: November 01, 2010 10:37AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Smith has a lot to prove. He allowed 19.8 yards
> per completion last season, worst in the NFL.
> Clemons has a lot to prove as well. He has been
> attacked more in the last couple of weeks, and he
> has not stepped up.

JUst give them time. They are both very young and innesperienced. I think they are going to workout rather well for the phins.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 01:25PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 04:30PM

Allen is bad. Smith still must prove his worth. Clemons is Ted Ginn on D!

Bell is a stud tackler, Vontae still gets lost at times

Would like to see Amaya & Reshad Jones

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:23PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Allen is bad.
So, what about all those interceptions? We've had a bunch of CBs in the past that couldn't do what he does.

> Smith still must prove his worth.
Yes, but it's only his 2nd year. Most CBs take 2-3 years to mature.

> Clemons is Ted Ginn on D!
??? How so?

> Vontae still gets lost at
> times
No more than any other young stud CB. He's a future pro-bowler. If not THIS year, then next.

> Would like to see Amaya & Reshad Jones
Well, Jones is really a SS, which would mean benching Bell. Not sure what Amaya's natural position is (FS or SS).

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 12:11AM

I think they are all solid physically. Mentally might be another issue, and that's where I see the mistakes.

Vontae Davis has been the best so far as he came into the year with the eye of the tiger and clearly dedicated his time to improve himself in the off season..he's arriving at upper echelon status among NFL CB's.

Jason Allen also put loads of time into his off season, but he seems to have a low ceiling on the part of the house where common sense is stored.

Sean Smith is extremely gifted body wise for the position, but with him it's a case of maturity. He did not spend the time that the two guys above him did, and it hurt him in the early part of the year. As of late however he seems inspired by his mistake of not dedicating himself to improvement this off season and I've seen a definite upsurge in his performance on the field over the past couple of weeks. I hope the trend continues for him, I really like what I see when he is focused.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.