HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Top 100 greatest Players
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL Top 100 greatest Players
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:02PM

Marino at 25

Elway is 23, brady 21,

Your telling me that Marino who is widely considered to be the greatest QB ever is now ranked behind, John Elway, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre?! Ik there good and yeah you can make the arguement that they have rings, but Favre didn't start breaking Marinos records until his 18th and 19th seasons, Elway only got his rings on the shoulders of Terrell Davis. And honestly qb's of the last ten years are ALL overrated with all these new rules protecting them and essentially boosting them because of it. The only QB in the debate to be better than Dan is Joe Montana IMO.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Top 100 greatest Players
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:43PM

I laughed out loud when they put Brady ahead of Marino. Brady wins the award for "most consistently amazing team around him when he played really well and won"

Couple analysts were talking about this the other day, randomly on NFL network. I believe it was Rod Woodson, Kurt Warner and like Jaime Dukes might have been the third guy. Anyway they all said with resounding confidence oh yeah DAN MARINO, when asked the question who was better between Marino, Elway, and Brady. That list makes me laugh out loud

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 23, 2010 01:05PM

well it depends on what the question was in referance too.

I mean if it is the 100 greatest list, that happens to be related to attracting women, then sure Brady get's more than Marino did. smiling smiley

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 23, 2010 01:06PM

I mean it just says 199 greatest players of all time, however it doesnt specify the greatest at what? lol loser. the NFL losers.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 23, 2010 02:35PM

I have not seen it. How are they defining quarterback? If, by quarterback, they mean "field general" that is who is best at coordinating and running the team, then you might want to talk about Brady and Montana, but then you would have to put Bob Griese perhaps at the head of that group.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about pure passing ability, then none can beat Marino, although Elway is a close second.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 23, 2010 06:25PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:56AM

Yet another reason not to give a flying turd about rankings and top-anything lists.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 08:42AM

True, maybe, JC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.