HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Parcells Bashing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Parcells Bashing
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 10, 2010 08:37PM

It seems fashionable as of late for the editorial arm of the press to bash Parcells for leaving. In one column I even read that Parcells has done as much for the team as Nick Saban.

I've never looked at Parcells as the second coming of Don Shula, but calling him Saban is ridiculous. If Parcells were to leave the team today, would we end up with a 1-15 season next year? No. Saban's legacy as far as players go is Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, and Jason Allen. Does anyone really think that this team only has three players (one good, one average, and one marginal) worth salvaging? Does anyone serious think this team would be better off without the likes of Vernon Davis, Jake Long, Cameron Wake, Randy Starks, Karlos Dansby, Devon Bess, and Brandon Marshall? I know the jury is still out on Chad Henne, John Jerry, Koa Misi, and Odrick - but they all look like quality young players to me.

I know that Parcells is as good as gone, and the tendency runs high to kick his arse out the door after two bad losses, but comparing him to Saban is just stupid.

Parcells is leaving behind a system in place that can start winning now, not a team that will follow up next year with a 1-15 performance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parcells Bashing
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 11, 2010 06:10AM

I pretty much agree with this.

The team was a 1-15 trainwreck that was one fluke overtime touchdown from being 0-16. In the two and a quarter years since, we've had a winning record, won a division championship, and brought in top-tier guys like Brandon Marshall.

Obviously, a lot of how the "three year plan" will be viewed depends on what happens this year, but I think we're going to make the playoffs.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 12, 2010 10:42AM

> Obviously, a lot of how the "three year plan" will be viewed depends on what happens this year, but I think we're going to make the playoffs.

If we do then we're going to see 3 teams out of the AFC in the playoffs.

I felt good about the 3 year plan until game 4 Pats.

Jets loss was close, hated it but we were respectable. The Pats game was an utter embarrassment and IMHO the team has regressed significantly from its earlier games.

Hope the bye weeks was used well, cause we need an upgrade in several areas. Too many stupid mistakes for a team that has had this much time together.

We are no longer the 1-15 team of new guys. Time to see someone step up and for the bonehead mistakes to stop.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:00AM

It's hard to think that either Pittsburgh or Baltimore will miss the playoffs. Assuming they both make the playoffs, we would have to get past New England to make the playoffs this year. We would also have to pass 3 of the 4 teams in the AFC South that are currently 3-2.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:09AM

Exactly the only way this team makes playoffs this year is to beat NE, and either not lose any more, or beat NE and pray that they lose more than we do, either way We will be the 6th seed or NE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.