HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad Henne and the Wildcat
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chad Henne and the Wildcat
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 02, 2010 04:31PM

Never would have thought, evidently the "rhythm" aspect is not even a concern for him.

On if he still thinks that The Wildcat is a chance for him to talk with coaches on the sideline and does he benefit from it and use it as a free timeout: "Yeah I mean I think it's good. And you know when I can come off the field and converse with Coach (David) Lee or Coach (Tony) Sparano knowing what plays to run next it's a great opportunity (to) kind of anticipate the coverage that we're going to get next time and the plays?it's definitely an advantage for me."

From the Sun Sentiel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad Henne and the Wildcat
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 02, 2010 06:44PM

Either he believes that, or he's just trying to say the right thing and not rock the boat. Thing is, it isn't just about Henne himself. It's about his rhythm WITH THE OTHER GUYS. We're paying Marshall a hell of a lot of money to be a down the field blocker. We need Henne in there throwing him the rock.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 03, 2010 04:46AM

I agree Monti, that we need to feed the studs, as Sparano once said, but Henning our cordinator, blame him lol.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 03, 2010 04:23PM

Can't expect Henne to call out the coaching staff. If he really believes that, he's not the leader I think he is.

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: October 03, 2010 06:57PM

"Yeah I mean I think it's good"

Sounds to me like he's not saying what he really thinks.

When you think about it, he actually has a lot of time to talk to the coaches on the sidelines as it is. I mean, he's not out there playing special teams or anything, is he?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:01AM

U think Griese or Marino would tolerate the Wildcat? Its time for Henne to man up. I mean u want to screw up 1st & 2nd down then give me the ball? Tell'em what they can do w/ the ball Henne.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:32AM

Griese would not have a problem with it. To him it was all about winning.
Better question is would Shula stick with something that has stopped working? But then he did stick with that "O" name DC. Dam, I hope I didn't ruin my morning.confused smiley

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:38AM

Quick question, is Henne on the sidelines for the wildcat, or is he lined up as a wideout like Pennington was?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 04, 2010 06:46AM

Henne is currently on the sidelines during most if not all WC plays, but it would be good to keep him on the field, just to mix things up.

As for Griese / Marino. as Leon said, Griese wouldn't mind, but it was also much less likely under him, because Griese CALLED ALL HIS OWN PLAYS. Lots of people forget that or never knew it. He was damn good at calling plays too. I was shocked that he never got into coaching because of this quality of his, but I guess he had too much fun broadcasting.

Marino....would not put up with it lol.

Date: October 04, 2010 07:06AM

ok thanks thats what i tought, but yes i agree he should be on the field because it would again force the defense to play somewhat honest and respect the pass option at least. But most preferably i would like to just end the wildcat.

Its kind of like when SD used a HB pass with LT. Its a trick play that should be used very very rarely to fool opposing D's. And catch them off guard. IMHO.

Date: October 04, 2010 07:18AM

The wildcat was a great idea at the time. Reason they don't put Henne in is because the WC gives them that extra blocker.

It's not useful any more IMO as these professionals always find a way to stop an offense. It does give the opposition something else to practice against, so maybe that's why they still run it.

Date: October 04, 2010 07:43AM

maybe like once or twice a game so the opposing defense still has to practice it, but the rate we run it at right now is really hurting us more than anything i think.

Granted im no coach, but it just appears very little good is coming from this anymore.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 04, 2010 09:52AM

If we run the WC then throw the damn ball to Marshall...opposing teams are too keen on the run out of that formation.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:11AM

thats why i would love to have henne in there on the WC because he could bomb it to marshall deep while the whole D is in our backfield trying to stop the run.

Date: October 04, 2010 11:42AM

One big point of the WC is to have an extra blocker so the point of attach is out numbered or at least even. Bring in a QB and that changes. You have to put him out and let him stand around.

WC has been used up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.