HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Another looming roster move
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Another looming roster move
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 09, 2010 08:45AM

I look for this franchise to sign a tight end to the active roster, and cut Jeremy Parnell. Perhaps maybe one of the practice squad tight ends. I think we need 3 of them going into the season. To run our short yardage and goal line situations, and John Nalbone is not much of a blocker so this move would make logical sense. Do you guys agree or at this point could another move possibly be looming. I know trying to predict what the front office does might seem crazy based on the last couple of days however another tight end seems like it would be the next move for this team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another looming roster move
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 09, 2010 08:48AM

who the hell is Jeremy Parnell? If there is someone named Jeremy Parnell on this team taking the spot of one of the guys we've been cutting (Anderson, Grant, Douglas, Grove) I will be pissed.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 09, 2010 08:57AM

If the recent trend continues and Crowder can't stay on the field, he may be next to get released. He has that same mysterious "groin" injury that got Roth canned last year. Although Roth maintains that his was torn and played with it for two years.

I am wondering if our failure to sign a reliable second TE is due to the fact that we will be running a 3 WR set more this year instead of the two TE package. In any case, we still need a quality TE to have in case Fasano gets hurt....and we still will need to run the double TE at certain points...goal line, 3rd and 1, etc...would it shock anyone to see us run the spread?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 09, 2010 09:22AM

We now have 5 RBs and 5WRs. I doubt we'll see a third TE on the roster.

Expect to see a lot of three WR sets this year. With Henne's arm, this is not a bad thing. Bess will have a good year.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 09, 2010 09:26AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who the hell is Jeremy Parnell? If there is
> someone named Jeremy Parnell on this team taking
> the spot of one of the guys we've been cutting
> (Anderson, Grant, Douglas, Grove) I will be
> pissed.

Then you are going to be pissed.

Anderson, Grant, Douglas, and Grove can't play Guard and Tackle. Parnell can.

The FO felt that there were better at LB, DL, and C. Get over it.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 09, 2010 09:28AM

Channing Crowder won't be cut. The coaches feel he is the guy who will make Nolan's defense work.

Unless his injury is way more serious than is being let on, he isn't going anywhere

Date: September 09, 2010 10:00AM

I firmly believe in my heart of hearts that after the first week many of the veterens that were cut will be back on the roster. We need all of the experinced pass rushers we can get over the next weeks of the season. Players like Grant And Douglas will be resigned, and the other rookies will be cut. It might seem to me that the brass may have deals worked out with most of these players seeing how none of them have signed with other teams. I am talking about Grant and Douglas, and maybe even Grove me thinks.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:03AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:08AM

Didn't someone, maybe it was Sparano, say that Parnell could play the role of a blocking TE? The Saints experimented with him as a TE last season.

I don't think we will be cutting a backup tackle just yet. Both Long and Carey are nicked up, and I don't think they are entirely comfortable with Murtha, and they can't be too comfortable with McQuistan or Parnell, considering they are so new to the team. I think if they get comfortable with two of those 3, then one could get cut.

Date: September 09, 2010 10:15AM

Your forgetting that Corey Procter the metal head himself can play all over the line if need be so in essences Parnell is expendable.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:22AM

Procter does not play tackle.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:38AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I firmly believe in my heart of hearts that after
> the first week many of the veterens that were cut
> will be back on the roster. We need all of the
> experinced pass rushers we can get over the next
> weeks of the season. Players like Grant And
> Douglas will be resigned, and the other rookies
> will be cut. It might seem to me that the brass
> may have deals worked out with most of these
> players seeing how none of them have signed with
> other teams. I am talking about Grant and
> Douglas, and maybe even Grove me thinks.

This is starting to look more like a Fantasy Football team than a real team. I played Fantasy NBA years ago, and I regularly cut and signed players, figuring other teams weren't paying enough attention to sign the guys I cut. But...this is REAL!! This kind of stuff is crazy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.