HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jake Long NOT practicing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jake Long NOT practicing
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:30AM

Jake Long's knee is in a brace. Did some streatching and he is riding a bike. Not practicing. Wearing a baseball cap, shorts, and is walking with a limp.

Being reported by Jeff Darlington, Mike Berardino and Ben Volin who are on the scene

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jake Long NOT practicing
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:32AM

*only a sprain, only a sprain, only a sprain, only a sprain*

I feel better as long as I keep telling myself that.

Date: September 06, 2010 06:33AM

Looks like we might have Vernon at LT on Sunday. And this kid we traded for from Dallas starting at RT.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:34AM

Ok so what can it be. The knee, everytime its in a brace it's like its always a ligament.

The fact that the Tri are not telling anyone anything worries me, because thats what they do, then TADA IR.

This is not good. I nope just a slight sprain, but they would have reported that by now.

I guess all we can do is hope, and pray it isnt serious.

Date: September 06, 2010 06:35AM

Wait, nevermind the new kid from Dallas McQuistan isn't even at practice today.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:39AM

this team has gotten worse and worse each week of the preseason. If long has a knee injury that will keep him out or affect his play this year, we are in deep doo doo. Thanks Tony S for your brilliant idea of playing our Franchise LT G4 of the preseason!

Date: September 06, 2010 06:43AM

Date: September 06, 2010 06:44AM

Murtha is working 1st LEFT TACKLE

McQuistan decided to join us for practice and is working 2nd team RT

Date: September 06, 2010 06:47AM

sad smiley Why did you get hurt LONG WHY!!!!!!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:48AM

Date: September 06, 2010 06:50AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Even so, it was incredibly stupid to play Long 1
> snap longer than Henne in that game.

It was stupid to play anyone of importance in that game. I can't wait till they get rid of 2 of these preseason games. Nothing good comes from them. 3 quarters of 1 game is all they need. the other 13 quarters are a total joke!

If the Offense did well, who cares it was vs a 2nd team defense. If it did bad, well then they lose all confidence. And of course, someone important could get hurt....and someone did. A terrible coaching move, no way to spin it!

Date: September 06, 2010 06:52AM

Date: September 06, 2010 06:54AM

Also being reported from those reporters on the scene that IAF was lined up at SOLB with the 1st teamers, NOT Misi.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 06, 2010 06:56AM

Date: September 06, 2010 07:04AM

Even worse is we had Cam Wake (our only legit pass rusher) playing the entire first half. What happened if he got hurt late in the 2nd quarter?

Here is why the Dolphins look stupid here. They thought enough to let Grove and Crowder stay home and NOT make the trip to risk anything with them. But they DIDN'T think enough to keep key guys like Henne, Long, Ronnie, Marshall, Dansby..etc in street clothes.

And a LOT of teams last week didn't play their stars. The Jets benched their entire 1st team. GB didn't let any star take a snap. Saints benched Brees, Pierre Thomas. Titans didn't play Chris Johnson. No Team plays anyone of any importance in that game. And if they do its for like 4 or 5 plays, maybe one series. Not what Sparano did

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 06, 2010 07:09AM

This front office has a real short leash with some posters on this board, if they didn't play them then you would of heard "what the hell is Sparano doing, these guys are no where close to ready, he needed to play them at least a quater if not a half, THIS FRONT OFFICE IS CLUELESS!" To me if you're gonna play starters even 1 series then it's just as dumb as playing them a half, still the risk of serious injury. Like Phinsfan said, injurys are a part of football. I dont always have to agree with every move but i'll take the judgement of the front office over a bunch of message board posters any day. EVERY move in the last 2 weeks has been torn to shreds by some people on here as "stupid and clueless". Lets give them the benefit of the doubt that they know more then us about all these decisions.

Date: September 06, 2010 07:31AM

Date: September 06, 2010 07:32AM

And what results do we have to go on yet?

Date: September 06, 2010 07:37AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> And what results do we have to go on yet?

What the past 2 years don't count? 7-9 didn't happen? We didn't blow high draft picks the past 3 drafts? Those aren't results?? Those other teams don't play their superstars in the final preseason game and get key players injured. Let alone play them for a quarter or a half and injure players in a meaningless game before the season starts. Jake Long getting hurt wasn't a "result" of a decision made?

So yeah, they know more than us. But do they know more or are they on teh same level with the front offices of the "ELITE" teams in the NFL? Unfortunatly I gotta say no.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: September 06, 2010 07:44AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> And what results do we have to go on yet?

Well if we open the season with a loss to Buffalo, then that result will surely light this board up...that's for sure. Does anyone here really think that Tony Sparano is calling the shots here? Not, me. I think it's the grocery buyer, who I think must be suffering from dementia in his old age.

This situation in Miami is going to get just as bad as the owner/coach situation was in Dallas. Actually it would have been better for us if that loving couple would have stayed together, they have very similar controlling personalities.

Date: September 06, 2010 07:45AM

And not a one of those teams your comparing us with was 1-15 3 years ago either. It's funny how you pick the elite AFC teams to compare to. Going 11-5 was probably the worse thing this FO could of done. Lets face it, we're not a Super Bowl contender this year, can we win it? possibly, do we have any buisness being in it? probably not. Turner and White were blown high draft picks, the jury is still out on almost all of the other ones from this FO (Long is a stud but everyone else including Henne gets an INC. at this point) It's known that you HATE Parcells and CO. for some reason Mike, but your schtick is getting old.

Date: September 06, 2010 07:48AM

Date: September 06, 2010 07:50AM

Date: September 06, 2010 07:55AM

Geez Mike be honest would you. I don't have enough time to go thru every post and quote you on all the FO bashing you've done, it's more then just being critical.

Date: September 06, 2010 08:04AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Geez Mike be honest would you. I don't have enough
> time to go thru every post and quote you on all
> the FO bashing you've done, it's more then just
> being critical.

No it isn't. I give them due credit when its due. Like the 2010 Draft when every pick was DEFENSE and we only took 1 offensive player. I was the one of the only ones here (if not the ONLY one here) defending that draft saying it was smart to do that. I gave them credit for the Marshall trade. I gave them credit for the Sapp-Camarillo trade last week while others bashed it. I gave them credit for the Dansby signing saying money should be no object there we need him. I gave them credit for cutting Gabril after 1 year and eating the money. I gave them credit for making Vernon Carey the highest paid RT in the NFL as its wise to spend money on your o-line and have a solid one. I still like the Chris Clemons pick until he proves me wrong otherwise, I give them credit for that. Give them credit for Bess, Moore, and Wallace 3 undrafted WR's with promise and seem like they can play

You just choose to overlook those things I post and just harp on the negative aspects I point out about the front office.

Date: September 06, 2010 08:16AM

Yeah Dolphanholic some people on here are way to critical of our FO, because of Pat White, Pat Turner. Lol must be the name "Pat"

Your right though we were a 1-15 team, now we are stacking up to elite status, again as I have posted in other threads, no other team where we were are anywhere near where we are now, and that is because of the FO, in which some on here critisizm with fine comb's and Pick's.

Guys who don't trust the FO, you better respect them, and no one is asking to be a blind bat either.

No one will ever agree, and we will all question some moves, and head scratchers, but as Dolphanholic pointed out, they know a hell of alot more than any of us back seat GM's hehe.

Date: September 06, 2010 08:23AM

Date: September 06, 2010 08:28AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I guess we'll agree to dis-agree Mike, also it's
> not just you, there's been some other people on
> here being hyper-critical of every move. Alot of
> posts are started with "b]IF this happens or that
> happens etc." All im saying is lets wait a few
> weeks and see what happens before we bitch about
> every move. Maybe these 4 players we scooped up
> actually pan out and produce this year and many
> years to come, who the hell knows? Also i'll give
> credit where credit is due and YES you have
> praised some stuff but I still dont think you like
> Parcells and CO.

It's all good Dolphaholic smileys with beer

I don't hate Parcells. I like him,I do... I just don't worship him. Because his success was a long long time ago. He doesn't get the e-z pass where he can't be questioned.

And the people that have killed Clemons already before Week 1, I disagree with and have stated such. And the people killing Dan Henning's play calling in the presason I have totally laughed at as to judge an offensive coordinator by his preseason playcalling is laughable on every level.

Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: September 06, 2010 08:37AM

The FO gets respect and praise after they show results, and that means wining the division or at least backing us in with a wild card. That's the standard that needs to met before anyone praises the FO.

Especially with the splurging of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd no less draft picks... Actually I would have preferred to keep Taylor another year and use this year's 1st rounder on a nose tackle (just to let you know what kind of arm chair GM I am).

It's water under the bridge now, so all we can do is await the results.

I'll be the first to hopefully eat crow it all of this works out, but I don't have a warm and fussy about this now.

What I see as pluses are:

Two very good running backs...

A halfway decent offensive line, IF Long is not hurt too severely.

A very decent group of wide receivers, if Marshall is the beast he's capable of being and Henne can hit him often.

Our linebackers are A+ now with the addition of Dansby.

Minues are:

The nose tackle issue really is an experiment...I sure hope it works out because even our weakest opponent in the AFC East has Marshawn Lynch and now CJ Spiller.

Our secondary is questionable.

We lost one of the fastest return guys in the league for a 5th round draft pick and we really have not replaced him in that aspect...so special teams I think is going to suck this year.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 06, 2010 09:31AM

Now the sky falls. Oh, wait... injuries are a part of the NFL.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.