HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Nate Garner on IR
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Nate Garner on IR
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 01, 2010 03:21AM

We lost Garner for the season. Big blow, this guy was going to be our starting LG most likely. He was gonna be out 10-12 weeks so the Fins saved the roster spot by placing him on IR.

And the Fins put Phillip Merling on the Reserve/Non-Football injury list. Which means they are going after his money. And usually if the team wins and gets the money, they will then cut the player (Merling) first chance they get.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nate Garner on IR
Posted by: estrella69phinfan ()
Date: September 01, 2010 04:18AM

Too bad. We cant keep losing players and the season hasn't even started yet.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 01, 2010 05:35AM

I'm really disappointed that Donald Thomas can't break into the starting lineup. He had so much promise in his rookie year, he had writers talking Pro Bowl. Now he can't even get on the field, and it's not because his competition is that good.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 01, 2010 05:47AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm really disappointed that Donald Thomas can't
> break into the starting lineup. He had so much
> promise in his rookie year, he had writers talking
> Pro Bowl. Now he can't even get on the field, and
> it's not because his competition is that good.

There was talk of trading Thomas a week or 2 ago. But with Garner out all year now that won't happen. If Garner would have returned by week 6 or 8 we might have moved Thomas but now we must keep him.

Thomas does what he does very well, but what he doesn't do well he isn't improving on. The guy doesn't seem to have a good work ethic also from things I have read and someone I talked too on the inside. It's dissapointing.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: September 01, 2010 07:23AM

The disappointing thing so far is the lack of consistent play by the OL.
The line play is everything this season. We really needed improvement there to make the passing game excel. Now I don't have much confidence it our game. I haven't seen anything there to make me a believer.

Marchall can't excel if our QB has no time, and we can't give him time unless we can run well to keep everything balanced. Disappointing to say the least.sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.