HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Watching the game.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Watching the game.
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 20, 2010 11:22AM

Last year, I watched the game on some website. Does anyone remember what that site is?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watching the game.
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 20, 2010 12:59PM

www.justintv.net I think

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 20, 2010 07:03PM

NFL.com it costs $40. You can watch every preseason game LIVE and "on demand" so you can watch it over and over at anytime you want. And its in HD quality.

I am sure there are sites that will stream it somewhere and you can watch a choppy feed for free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 07:05PM by MikeO.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 20, 2010 07:26PM

Free will do until it reaires on NFL.com.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 21, 2010 03:58AM

I just Google for he game. There are other sites besides Justin.tv. The trick is to get it in the 1st half, as the NFL usually blacks out the public ones by the 2nd half, but if you're on you can usually get a password for a private one.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 21, 2010 04:15AM

Yeah the NFL has been blocking the games in the second half on Justin.TV, but Im sure there is other sites.

Just go to the local sports bar, go ask which one has Direct tv, Sunday ticket, go order a water, and a cheap food, and watch the game, it is what I do.

Greedy Mofo's. Have you ever had a company black out anything hour's into it.

NFL, hey douchbags if you dont want people watching your product for free, then offer it on cable, for a decent price the ability to watch there team.

I always thought that was the dumbest business move ever.

Lets just give Direct tv the rights to Sunday ticket.

Date: August 21, 2010 05:51AM

UFC is taking these internet sites that stream illegally. They are gonna be the "groundbreakers" in this field. Because UFC makes their money on PPV and when it is illegally streamed they lose money which hurts their bottom line. They have taken a bunch of theses websites to court and won. They are now taking it to the next level and looking to expand and want financial re-payment from lost revenue.

I think in 2011 you will see strict laws and punishments to these sites that stream illegal content. So much so that they will all be out of business in very short time.

It took an organization to step up and put the time and money behind pursuing it. UFC was the one and it will carry over and effect all major sports.

Date: August 21, 2010 06:51AM

My question is, if they stream the entire feed, commercials and all, seeing as most of the commercials are national anyway, how, exactly, are they losing money? They're just reaching a wider audience. They are still being paid by the local stations who air them.

Date: August 21, 2010 06:54AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My question is, if they stream the entire feed,
> commercials and all, seeing as most of the
> commercials are national anyway, how, exactly, are
> they losing money? They're just reaching a wider
> audience. They are still being paid by the local
> stations who air them.

Just the principal of the matter. The local station paid big bucks for exclusive rights. They want eyeballs on their TV station on a Television. That's what they are paying for. They don't want people watching some stolen internet feed on a computer. Does it hurt them really...probably not. But its the principal of it. Right and Wrong

Pay Per Views...thats a different story!!

Date: August 21, 2010 07:02AM

MikeO Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My question is, if they stream the entire feed,
> > commercials and all, seeing as most of the
> > commercials are national anyway, how, exactly,
> are
> > they losing money? They're just reaching a
> wider
> > audience. They are still being paid by the
> local
> > stations who air them.
>
>
> Just the principal of the matter. The local
> station paid big bucks for exclusive rights. They
> want eyeballs on their TV station on a Television.
> That's what they are paying for. They don't want
> people watching some stolen internet feed on a
> computer. Does it hurt them really...probably not.
> But its the principal of it. Right and Wrong
>
I just don't get it. What's the difference whether someone is watching on a TV or on a computer? If that local station relies mostly on local sponsors, then I could see a case for it. I think this is a case where the "principal" of the thing is getting in the way of progress, just the same as it had for years in the music industry. It appears the music industry is coming around, but TV still has a ways to go to catch up.

I think the NFL could make a TON more money if they offered RECORDED games on-line for a small fee. They'd rake in the money if they charged, say, $3-a-shot to view last week's games. This would be a non-subscription service. Yes, this is WAY below what they charge now for the subscription, but they would drastically increase their audience and, essentially, put the pirated feeds out-of-commission. Games could go on-line as soon as they are over, offering the viewer the ability to pause and rewind, but give them only, say, 1 day privilege to view the game. I'd pay for that!!

Date: August 21, 2010 07:16AM

montequi Wrote:

>
> I think the NFL could make a TON more money if
> they offered RECORDED games on-line for a small
> fee. They'd rake in the money if they charged,
> say, $3-a-shot to view last week's games. This
> would be a non-subscription service. Yes, this is
> WAY below what they charge now for the
> subscription, but they would drastically increase
> their audience and, essentially, put the pirated
> feeds out-of-commission. Games could go on-line
> as soon as they are over, offering the viewer the
> ability to pause and rewind, but give them only,
> say, 1 day privilege to view the game. I'd pay
> for that!!

They esentially do that now. So if you a Dolphins fan. Assume they got 2 national TV games a year. Now your down to 14 games a year you want this service for. Yous ay charge $3. Ok, $3x14 games is $42!! You can get EVERY NFL game from EVERY team right now for $39.99. Their "subscription" way is cheaper. Of course you might not need it for 14 games if a game or two a year is on in your area. Maybe you only want it for 8 or 9. But still it isn't that far off in price and it is esentially what they do now.

I also think within the next 5 years you will see an NFL "On-Demand" channel on your cable box. And if you pay the monthly fee you will get this feature along with a ton more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2010 07:18AM by MikeO.

Date: August 21, 2010 07:19AM

MikeO, does the NFL offer that subscription on-line, or is it just via satellite? I still say an on-demand on-line service is the wave of the future. ITunes has made it the standard for music, and the music industry has finally woken up to see how much money can be made this way!

Date: August 21, 2010 07:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.