HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Update: Will Allen has surgery, out till Opener
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Update: Will Allen has surgery, out till Opener
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 12, 2010 07:50AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will Allen sent to Doctors
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 12, 2010 07:55AM

Great this might hurt, but the other Allen might do a decent job in the Nickle spot, Carroll could do well too.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 12, 2010 08:04AM

yikes, we are really getting ravaged by injury. hopefully it won't start affecting the starters---but we really have depth issues at CB if Allen is out, and lord help us if any of the starting OTs go down---we've been relying on street free agents as backups for too long and have dodged the bullet so far

Date: August 12, 2010 09:06AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 12, 2010 09:09AM

After hearing how he was limping through practice early on, I was worried this would happen. He was pushing it too much, probably motivated by the competition. Not good.

Date: August 12, 2010 09:16AM

If Will Allen doesn't play this year this is as bad of news as you can get. I mean our options at nickle CB is a 5th round rookie, terrible Jason Allen, and a guy who didn't have a job till this morning.

Teams will spread the field and pick us apart. Already with a young unproven FS in Clemons, this is as bad of news as we can get.

In the NFL these days 70% of the time you have 3 CB's on the field at once. If you don't have 3 quality CB's, you can't win a championship. Period.

Will Allen doesn't need training camp or preseason. He doesnt need to suit up til Sep 12th. There is no reason to push him at all for the next month. Hopefully its no too late though.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 12, 2010 09:18AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will Allen doesn't need training camp or
> preseason. He doesnt need to suit up til Sep 12th.
> There is no reason to push him at all for the next
> month. Hopefully its no too late though.

True, but I have a feeling he may still be the 4th CB when he gets back. Based on reports, that 5th-round rookie has been looking sharp!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: August 12, 2010 10:49AM

Go ahead and hit the panic button Mike, we wont win the championship because Will Allen isnt 100 percent.....eye rolling smiley

Re: Update: Will Allen has surgery, out till Opener
Date: August 12, 2010 12:51PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 12, 2010 01:31PM

I figured that would be the case. In a strange way, I am happy this happened. Allen is a guy that can do his job in his sleep by now. He doesn't need that many reps. Now, assuming he is able to come back, we don't have to worry about losing him for the season. Injuries are such a frequent occurance in camp that I would like to see a lot of the players participate less. I guess it is a delicate balancing act, but give me a few more walk throughs and a little less competing and contact.

I know several will disagree because you have to prepare like you play, but if Long, Dansby, Wake, Davis, Starks or Marshall go down, we all would turn back the clock and do it differently.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: August 12, 2010 01:35PM

Wow. Looks like Carroll really will be lock to make the team.

Date: August 12, 2010 01:36PM

Carroll was a lock to make the team before this Will Allen set-back. Carroll is a special teams ace for us. Gunner. Back-up kickoff return guy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.