HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFC Scout's take on Fins Defense
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NFC Scout's take on Fins Defense
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 07, 2010 03:49AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC Scout's take on Fins Defense
Date: July 07, 2010 03:53AM

Posted by: opus ()
Date: July 07, 2010 05:49AM

Wow, an unbiased analysis of our defense. I don't think there is a thing there that anyone on this board can argue with.

Date: July 07, 2010 06:41AM

yeah its unbiased and nothing we didn't already know.

Chris Clemons at FS is a huge question. You can make a case our season hinges on Chris Clemons cause if he can't play when the games count for real, we have no back-up plan in place for FS. And we ain't gonna find one on the waiver wire.

Im less worried about Starks at NT cause even if Starks bombs out there (which I don't think he will, but lets say he does) its just 8 weeks and we can weather the storm of a Starks/Solai combo for 8 weeks.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 07, 2010 08:25AM

we will be ok, and I think WAKE is going to surpise alot of people, he is to athleticly gifted and smart enough to not get it, he gets it, and will be lighting it up.

I like Clemson, and I have a gut feeling he will be ok, just like the guys in charge, I have the faith, unlike some on here, and besides our offense is going to dominate the TOP in most games, so ?

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 07, 2010 08:45AM

I think the linebackers are much improved. Taylor wasn't really a linebacker to begin with and Joey Porter sucked toward the end. They were both relatively washed-up. We know that Dansby is a quality backer. Wake will be a stud rusher. Misi is young, but has tons of potential and I like Edds too. Tim Dobbins is a quality back-up and spot player and perhaps beats out Crowder for the starting spot. Anderson, Moses and Walden all played some last year and theoretically should be improved players. Perhaps Spitler and/or McCoy will show potential and, at least, become quality special teamers.

The opinion may be unbiased, but despite their job title, I bet they are relatively uninformed.

Date: July 07, 2010 09:07AM

If you hold that type of job in the NFL, you arent uninformed....you eat, sleep, and breath this stuff every minute of your life.

They know every player on every team because at some point they scouted them to either draft or sign them. Or scout them for an upcoming game

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: July 07, 2010 09:24AM

Good stuff, but I wonder if scouts are ever wrong.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 07, 2010 09:50AM

DolfanMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff, but I wonder if scouts are ever wrong.

Of course not! Scouts are always right. 100% of the time, RIGHT!! That's why our draft picks have all been dead on in the last 20 years!! smoking smiley

Date: July 07, 2010 11:11AM

MikeO Wrote:
> If you hold that type of job in the NFL, you arent
> uninformed....you eat, sleep, and breath this
> stuff every minute of your life.
>
> They know every player on every team because at
> some point they scouted them to either draft or
> sign them. Or scout them for an upcoming game

He doesn't know every player inside and out and he certainly can't be sure of any single one of them. I am sure he knows other rosters better than you or I do, but I doubt that he knows the Dolphins as well. We have seen the experts blow picks time and again. Why isn't he with a team now? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he didn't cut the mustard as a scout.

Date: July 07, 2010 11:15AM

I would make a awsome scout. I dont see whats hard about it, you look at what your team wants to accomplish, then go find the best peices to make the puzzle fit, start with the most athleticly gifted, and work your way down, with a keen sense, of smarts, and worth ethic as well.

I mean I think some people just look at what a player did for a college team, without puting into perspective, the scheme, of that team, what your team is doing, and the personell envolved.

Date: July 07, 2010 11:36AM

Jonathan Twilley Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you hold that type of job in the NFL, you
> arent
> > uninformed....you eat, sleep, and breath this
> > stuff every minute of your life.
> >
> > They know every player on every team because at
> > some point they scouted them to either draft or
> > sign them. Or scout them for an upcoming game
>
>
> He doesn't know every player inside and out and he
> certainly can't be sure of any single one of them.
> I am sure he knows other rosters better than you
> or I do, but I doubt that he knows the Dolphins as
> well. We have seen the experts blow picks time
> and again. Why isn't he with a team now? Correct
> me if I am wrong, but I think he didn't cut the
> mustard as a scout.

The article stated 1 guy ws a scout for an NFC team. The other worked for ESPN Scout Inc....which probably pays much better than what any scout makes.

Date: July 07, 2010 11:37AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> I would make a awsome scout. I dont see whats hard
> about it, you look at what your team wants to
> accomplish, then go find the best peices to make
> the puzzle fit, start with the most athleticly
> gifted, and work your way down, with a keen sense,
> of smarts, and worth ethic as well.
>
> I mean I think some people just look at what a
> player did for a college team, without puting into
> perspective, the scheme, of that team, what your
> team is doing, and the personell envolved.

yeah its just that simple....ha ha ha ha ha!!

Date: July 07, 2010 11:53AM

It is that simple Mikey, people look to much into one thing, then it takes away from the gut feelings, and people start missing.

Tedd Ginn for example, somone said hey he is realy realy fast, he would make a awsome wr, because of blah blah blah, so we took him 9th overall, which was WAY to high.

I dont think ANYONE actualy sat down, and thought about how he would fit in, and does he take shots over the middle, how much heart does he have.

Every position requires certain criteria, if you research that criteria, and match that with the best scheme, you can fit a player too, that fits both you might not have the best, but take Henne for example, he had all the tools that his team was looking for, and took him in the 2nd.

Lex Hilliard, the Tri wanted a powerfull in the box runner, who could break one out, like another Brown, or Williams, thats the type of runner they like, and scheme around, so if I was a scout, I would go find the guys who fit that bill, look at how the approach the game, the physical stats, who they played for, and where they want to play, and are comfortable playing for, what they expect, and what we expect, and would ask tuff questions, if interviewing.

Its just like any other decision in life, you analys the situation, apply what knowledge you learn, to make happen what you want.

People scout things all the time, look at you when you go car shopping, Im sure everyone here has a perfered vehicle, and some just go for the best bargain, and some well, again peoples perspective on somthing is the reason why they fail or not fail, not the players fault, if they guy doesnt fit the bill of what you want then dont draft him, and even if he does, there's always the X factor, being the Mental part, which can turn him into a bust.

Date: July 07, 2010 12:08PM

Scouting is more than making a player fit with a teams scheme and finding a good match. They have measurables you have no clue about. Things the average fan has no clue about.If you think because you watch a lot of football on TV you can scout or get into that profession, you have no clue what the job of a scout even is. Seriously.

P.S...if we didn't take Ginn at 9, Houston was taking him at 10! Kind of blows that theory out of the water!

Date: July 07, 2010 01:39PM

Yeah I forgot because you where the scout who worked for Hou.

People become Scouts all the time Mike, and my bet is guys who have a love of sports, football in general, are the ones who most likely start scouting, of course every situation is differant, and there is no key winning formula.

But to say that football fans don't know how to scout, is about as ignorant a comment a fool could make.

Once somone begin's somthing they must be taught a certain way, regardless of the job, and the person either does it, or doesnt.

Scouting is no differant than changing Oil, you must learn how to do it, then adapt your own way to make it work.

To sit back, and put these guys on cloud nine, because of there job, then diss on EVERYONE else, because they choosed not to do it, by saying Things like

By Mikeo
"the average fan has no clue about.If you think because you watch a lot of football on TV you can scout or get into that profession, you have no clue what the job of a scout even is. Seriously"

Your realing taking a shot at people, and making yourself look like a fool.

Not to mention snooty, cocky, arrogant, and the biggest problem is mikey that you ASSume to much, without knowing anyone on here, hell I could be a HC of the Mia dolphins, and you wouldnt know.

I will be starting my coaching career next month, yes I will be learning the game from a coaching stand point, but Ive also played the game for many years, and did quite well at it, in fact I could possible be playing in the NFL if it wasnt for the same linsfractic fracture I had, on my vanicular bone, when in tenth grade because the blood vessel got ripped out, causing my bone to "die", and had to wear a cast, and walking brace for two years, otherwise it would have shattered, waiting for my blood vessels to regrow. I already coach a team, for a game called ACE combat 6 1308 squad, full of grown men across the world, I am the general if you will of that squad which I made, and run www.1308tacticalsquad.webs.com, if you wana check it out, and it requires alot of scouting players around to see if they fit the mold of my team, both from a talent stand point, and mental, so again in a way I am a scout, just not for football, but you just ASSume you know everything, and quite frankly Im getting tired of calling you out all the time, because of your "little comments" that offend me, and from other messages ive read others as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2010 01:55PM by Mia1.

Date: July 07, 2010 03:16PM

You are coaching 4 year olds!

Little bit of a difference!eye rolling smiley

Date: July 07, 2010 03:45PM

montequi Wrote:
>
> Of course not! Scouts are always right. 100% of
> the time, RIGHT!! That's why our draft picks have
> all been dead on in the last 20 years!! smoking smiley

Agreed! All scouts know everything because they have a job which requires them to "eat, sleep, and breath" football. They are always dead on. Especially the ones from ESPN, because they have serious consequences if they don't always say the Jets and Patriots are awsome. drinking smileysmoking smileydrinking smileysmoking smiley

Date: July 07, 2010 05:31PM

Those scouts have frogtten more about football than people like us on here will ever know.

Mock them all you want, but your the fool if you think you know more than them

Date: July 07, 2010 06:46PM

MikeO Wrote:
> Mock them all you want, but your the fool if you
> think you know more than them

I will gladly mock people who work for ESPN, no matter how little they know.

Date: July 08, 2010 02:23AM

DolfanMike Wrote:

>
> I will gladly mock people who work for ESPN, no
> matter how little they know.

That explains everything. All I need to know..lol

Date: July 08, 2010 11:00AM

Mike you are giving way too much credit to scouts. It isn't that difficult to do.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:10AM

If its not that difficult then go do it.

Go get a job as a scout. 32 NFL teams, Im sure one near you. They all employ a ton of scouts. Go get a job as one!

Some of you people have NO CLUE what scouts do! You have no clue what they look for. What measurables and the dozens upon dozens of measurable. It's not just 40 times and verticle leaps! They have telephone books of measurables on players.They break down hours of tapes the likes of which us as fans don't understand 1/10th of what they are looking at.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:21AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Go get a job as a scout. 32 NFL teams, Im sure one
> near you. They all employ a ton of scouts. Go get
> a job as one!

Something tells me that is a "who you know" kind of job.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:37AM

DolfanMike Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Go get a job as a scout. 32 NFL teams, Im sure
> one
> > near you. They all employ a ton of scouts. Go
> get
> > a job as one!
>
> Something tells me that is a "who you know" kind
> of job.

ha ha ha....yeah ok. It has nothing to do with being a former player on a serious level. Or being a coach. Or having gone through the process yourself.

It's all who ya know....ha ha ha! Some of you people live in a fantasy land. La-La land!

Date: July 08, 2010 11:43AM

MikeO Wrote:
> ha ha ha....yeah ok. It has nothing to do with
> being a former player on a serious level. Or being
> a coach.

Being a former coach or player doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. Just look at ESPN.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:46AM

yeah everyone at ESPN is a moron. Thats why its a billion dollar operation!

lol....you are letting your bias cloud all rational thought.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:52AM

MikeO Wrote:
> yeah everyone at ESPN is a moron. Thats why its a
> billion dollar operation!
>

I think you are confusing quantity with quality.

Date: July 08, 2010 11:57AM

MikeO Wrote:
> everyone at ESPN is a moron

Your words, not mine.

ABC/Disney owns and runs ESPN. Nobody said they were "morons" who don't know how to make a buck - except maybe for you.

However, most of the analysis on ESPN is garbage.

Date: July 08, 2010 01:51PM

oh please don't twist my words. Talk about losing credibility. Twisting my words and taking a statement out of context is the lowest of the low. Want to debate me fine, cutting and pasting my words to something I never said, give me a break.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.