HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How Pat White will Stay
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How Pat White will Stay
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 10, 2010 04:28PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How Pat White will Stay
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: June 10, 2010 06:12PM

either the PUP or the emergency QB who won't be active unless there is an injury. the coaches brought him in to be more of a coach and mentor. if he never plays this season, I think the team would be overjoyed.
So the active players are henne and thigpen and white, as a "slash" / wildcat guy

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: June 12, 2010 02:14PM

I don't know why some of you think Pat White will make this team he is the worst QB I have ever seen play at the Pro level. He gets cut and we move on people.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 12, 2010 06:37PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he is the worst QB I have ever seen
> play at the Pro level.

That's pretty scathing. It also proves you haven't seen that many QBs.

Date: June 13, 2010 03:36AM

Really now did he complete a pass last year or for that matter get the ball within 10 yards of a receiver catching it NO. It's time for some of you to end your infatuation with last years biggest bust in the entire draft.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 13, 2010 04:23AM

Finshady Wrote:
> Really now did he complete a pass last year or for
> that matter get the ball within 10 yards of a
> receiver catching it NO. It's time for some of
> you to end your infatuation with last years
> biggest bust in the entire draft.

While I'm not a huge Pat White fan, you are way to harsh and unrealistic. Did he complete any big passes (or any passes), NO. BUT HE WASN'T A FULL TIME QB EITHER!! They only threw him out there for "gimmick" plays and less than 10 pass attempts all year. And everyone in the world knew when he walked on the field it was a "gimmick" play so the element of surprise was never there for him to be successful. PLUS, White did avg 4 yards a carry when he did run the ball which ain't damn bad actually.

Look we should have never have taken the guy in Rd 2. It was a mistake. He probably isn't an NFL QB. But, since he was taken in Rd 2 you don't give up on him after 1 year. And he did do some things well, like when he ran the ball he gained positive yards at a decent avg.

And calling him the biggest bust of the draft is a total joke. Darrius Heyward Bey was picked #7 overall and had a whopping 9 catches all year for 124 yards!! THAT's A TOP 10 PICK!! That is the biggest bust of the draft. Not a guy picked #44 overall!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 04:24AM by MikeO.

Date: June 13, 2010 05:07AM

How many teams would trade for Pat White right now let me guess zero. Can he run the football yes but who can't behind our offensive line. A QB gets paid to pass the ball and run the team. I have never in my years of watching the NFL seen a player more out of his league when he stepped onto to the feild than Pat White. It was worse than a deer in hedlights. It was more like A junior high school player playing on the Pro level. He was way overmatched and clearly had no clue on how to even throw a decent pass. Say all you want but last years facts don't lie. Pat White was a terrible reach in round 2 and the brass will rid themselves of him if he does not show improvement. And just so you know I don't dislike Pat White I just felt last year this team made a terrible pick on him in round 2. Now I ask all of you had we taken another player who could of helped us more could we have made the playoffs last year maybe. You don't take a gimmick player that high in the draft. Clearly Pat White was a very terrible wasted #2 pick.

Date: June 13, 2010 05:10AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 13, 2010 05:30AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Finshady Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Really now did he complete a pass last year or
> for
> > that matter get the ball within 10 yards of a
> > receiver catching it NO. It's time for some of
> > you to end your infatuation with last years
> > biggest bust in the entire draft.
>
>
> While I'm not a huge Pat White fan, you are way to
> harsh and unrealistic. Did he complete any big
> passes (or any passes), NO. BUT HE WASN'T A FULL
> TIME QB EITHER!! They only threw him out there for
> "gimmick" plays and less than 10 pass attempts all
> year. And everyone in the world knew when he
> walked on the field it was a "gimmick" play so the
> element of surprise was never there for him to be
> successful. PLUS, White did avg 4 yards a carry
> when he did run the ball which ain't damn bad
> actually.
>
> Look we should have never have taken the guy in Rd
> 2. It was a mistake. He probably isn't an NFL QB.
> But, since he was taken in Rd 2 you don't give up
> on him after 1 year. And he did do some things
> well, like when he ran the ball he gained positive
> yards at a decent avg.
>
> And calling him the biggest bust of the draft is a
> total joke. Darrius Heyward Bey was picked #7
> overall and had a whopping 9 catches all year for
> 124 yards!! THAT's A TOP 10 PICK!! That is the
> biggest bust of the draft. Not a guy picked #44
> overall!

I agree with Mike's portion of this post 100%. Didn't like the pick either, but how can you say "biggest bust" of the draft? Not many QBs do much in their 1st year.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: June 13, 2010 06:29AM

Everytime I saw that kid come out on the field I had a VERY BAD FEELING! 95% of the time my gut instict was correct.

Pat White is by far the most improved player,'' Greg Camarillo said. ``He has changed his body, improved his accuracy. Last year, he was hit or miss.''

I am eager to see his performance if he makes the roster....nothing has changed in my mind and the minute he f***s up a pass or gets chased down by a lineman he will fall back to the POS status I personally held him last year.....I wish him luck.

Date: June 13, 2010 08:01AM

Yes if he gets into a game , and does something positive that involves a play that is supposed to be run and not an ad lib break down and he completes the play for a postitve result then maybe I could change my mind until then sorry folks still a wasted draft pick.

Date: June 13, 2010 08:44AM

nobody is arguing it was a "wasted draft pick".....everyone agrees.

But the point of he is the biggest bust in that draft and just cut him now is silly and makes no sense on any level.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 13, 2010 12:01PM

Throughout NFL history, not many QB's come in and make an impact the first year. His head was probably swimming last year even with just the limited amount of offense he had to learn. He needs to get a grasp on the offense and the speed of the NFL. It was probably a huge wake up call to realize that you cannot dominate in the NFL like you did in college.

He had an amazing college career....great completion percentage and won like 4 Bowl games. Is is not unthinkable that he can learn the position and do well someday.

I am still not sure why we spent such a high pick on him when they were raving about Henne as the future unless it was as a project but to even think we could train him and trade him for a pick higher than where he was taken is a huge gamble. There was plenty of talent available at 44 in 09. Many that would have been starters at positions of need.

He may go on to be a decent player in the mold of Senace Wallace...as a primary backup and occasional starter.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: June 13, 2010 02:34PM

Not to mention its tough to make an impact when you are thrown on the field on 3rd and 3....or 2nd and 8....and are just out there in the middle of a drive for 1 play.

Even the great QB's need a quarter sometimes to find a rythem. Expecting a guy to hit a home-run on his 1 play per series is crazy.

Enough with the gimmick nonsense this year. we need this guy as our #2 QB for years to come. Pennington will be gone after this year. Thigpen is nothing special. I don't want to have to waste another draft pick on a back-up QB. Or if the salary cap is back spend some decent change to sign a guy. Let's hope White turns into a #2 QB. Enough of the "WILD-PAT" or trying to fool opponents on occasional gimmick plays that in the big picture mean nothing. Just let the kid sit for a year and learn to play QB in the NFL.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 13, 2010 04:47PM

Lets just hope he has a good pre-season and it allows us to trade him or Thigpen, hopefully him but I doubt it

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: June 13, 2010 08:46PM

> > Look we should have never have taken the guy in Rd
> > 2. It was a mistake. He probably isn't an NFL QB.
> > But, since he was taken in Rd 2 you don't give up
> > on him after 1 year. And he did do some things
> > well, like when he ran the ball he gained positive
> > yards at a decent avg.
> >
> > And calling him the biggest bust of the draft is a
> > total joke. Darrius Heyward Bey was picked #7
> > overall and had a whopping 9 catches all year for
> > 124 yards!! THAT's A TOP 10 PICK!! That is the
> > biggest bust of the draft. Not a guy picked #44
> > overall!

Have to agree here - Pat White isn't the biggest bust of the daft, but he is the biggest bust of the Dolphins draft - which seems a lot more important to most of us.

Pat White was a mistake. If he ends up our #3 QB, it won't be a terrible mistake.

I don't see us trading him or Thigpen anytime soon.

Date: June 14, 2010 02:31AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 14, 2010 04:42AM

MikeO Wrote:
> HEY HEY......he took me off IGNORE (like I was
> ever on it) and is responding to my posts AND
> agreeing with me...is this a bizzaro world...LOL

Time to put this to bed, Mike. Just talk football. Ghotirule has taken the high road. Time for you to do the same.

Date: June 14, 2010 06:12AM

no he hasn't, he was calling me a bunch of names last week. But whatever

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: June 14, 2010 06:18AM

WTF is this high school??????????tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: June 14, 2010 06:19AM

Hey hey some more fan bashing. Well I was going to say that the upside of White is huge, and as a experiment last year, his horrible play, was problematic of all coachs on down. This year he will be much improved.

Now White was a bust last year, but Way to early to say he will still be a bust, and because of Marshall, and a better O-line, watch out this year, his plays could be serious problems for opposing teams, now they know our teams strength's and weakness's from our coach's.

Mikeo peoples biggist problem of you in my opinion, is your know it all, im always right attitude, and your post, rub people the wrong way, because of your no holds bar approach.

Mikeo it doesnt matter, and i shouldnt even mention it, because your right in your head, and you wont take anyones constructive critisizm, instead you argue your point, when not needed, on people just trying to help a situation, that with give, and take and positive communication, can be resolved, it just takes humility, and balls.

With that said, I hope people hold me to the same extent, and I have no problem discussing any issue people have of myself, because i have the balls, to admit my habits, my faults, and recognize that EVERYONE has some, and will always need to work on them, throughout thier lives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 06:20AM by Mia1.

Date: June 14, 2010 06:25AM

Mia1 Wrote:

>
> Mikeo peoples biggist problem of you in my
> opinion, is your know it all, im always right
> attitude, and your post, rub people the wrong way,
> because of your no holds bar approach.
>

1) Who are these "people" you speak of? You always speak on behalf of other people? WHO ARE THEY??

2) If my posts rub someone the wrong way, that's on them. Not me! And how does posting an opinion on football rub someone the wrong way??

Date: June 14, 2010 06:28AM

See Mikeo thats the problem, "its on them" thats the problem right there. Well Myself, Ghotirule, and a few others on here post that ive read, I could go to the Mikeo message board to read some complaints, but why waist my time, you just dont get it.

However lately Ive been noticeing more football talk from you than anything else, so even though we all read the "news wire", I do appreciate your enthusiasm for posting the info on here so just in case some of us dont read it, its on here for reading!

Date: June 14, 2010 06:32AM

Date: June 14, 2010 06:37AM

Again you attack someone, but I can address my issue, that yes I don't have the best grammer, and I'm not embarrassed to talk about it either, and thank you for pointing it out.

Too bad you can't do the same. I'm always working to strive to become better educated through my school.

"that says it all right there! WOW!! I can see the age of the person I am dealing with with that type of grammer and education. Your right, I won't "waist my time" either!"

I won't call you names, even though you anger me to do so, and its because Im choosing the higher road, which you will never do.

I might be younger Mike than yourselve, but from your qoutes like the one you just did, you certaintly couldn't tell.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.