HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The odd man out???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The odd man out???
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 30, 2010 04:37AM

Poll
Which QB will not be with the team at the start of the regular season?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
12 votes were received.
Thigpen 3

25%
Pennington 0

0%
White 9

75%

I read an article discussing this very topic, and it's interesting to say the least. We currently have 4 quarterbacks on our roster, and unless we're going to pioneer a new roster type, I doubt that will be the case at the start of Week 1. So lets look at who we have.

Chad Henne: Starter, not going anywhere. Duh.

Tyler Thigpen: So flashes in substitution duty, probably our best 2nd option at this point in my opinion. This leads to a double edged sword though, because of the non starters, he has the most trade value.

Chad Pennington: While owed a great deal for mentoring our QB of the future, Pennington seems to be the odd man out in this equation. I hope we don't cut or trade him, as I'd love to see him become our QB coach of the future. His shoulder is most likely toast, but one would hope his knowledge would be worth the 3rd spot if things go differently than what some people think.

Pat White: Obviously at this point in his career, people need to wake up and realize that the Pat White experiment is a failure. The only problem I see is that I don't think the FO has woken up to that fact. With the level of ego we have around Miami Central, they won't admit to a failed 2nd round pick this soon.

It's my fear that if we don't end up trading Thigpen to a team in need of a QB (see: Buffalo), that Pennington will either be cut or traded. Here's to hoping I'm dead wrong, as this would add another questionable axe of a player the Dolphins fans are enamored with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The odd man out???
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 30, 2010 05:23AM

"The only problem I see is that I don't think the FO has woken up to that fact. With the level of ego we have around Miami Central, they won't admit to a failed 2nd round pick this soon."

Not so sure about that statement, they've had no problem dumping bad FA decisions and admiting their mistakes. If White doesn't show something in pre-season he'll be asked to change positions or gone (unless of course they put someone on IR or the PUP list, which I think there is a real good chance of that happening)

Date: April 30, 2010 05:31AM

Another possibility is having White go to the practice squad. I'm not sure about the particulars of how that kind of transition would go down, but I'd rather put him on the PS than cut him.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 30, 2010 06:00AM

White was a mistake. Nice idea, but like some others ... all do not pan out in the NFL

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 30, 2010 06:54AM

All of them will be on the team at season start, but Pennington will be on the PUP list. Once Penny gets healthy we'll be looking to trade White or move him to WR.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 30, 2010 06:57AM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another possibility is having White go to the
> practice squad. I'm not sure about the particulars
> of how that kind of transition would go down, but
> I'd rather put him on the PS than cut him.

Only if he practices as a WR/RB/etc... I want to wait and see how much muscle White has put on during the offseason. If he looks like he did last year, then he's toast. He'll never be a traditional QB in the NFL, but if he puts on some bulk he may work out as a utility guy that can play WR/RB, throw an occasional HB pass, and be the emergency QB.

Date: April 30, 2010 07:53AM

Still, if you move him to WR, then he takes a WR spot.

Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: April 30, 2010 07:55AM

Cut White and be done with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.