HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Channing Crowder and the ILB's
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Channing Crowder and the ILB's
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 26, 2010 11:14AM

You really have to wonder about Crowder's production drop off after being one of the top ILB's in 08 with 113 tackles.

Some would say that the loss of Fergy was a key factor but JF played in 9 of the first 11 games of the season and Crowder was still not collecting many tackles.

It has me thinking that the quote regarding his knees being bone on bone may be more of an issue than we realize.

Could be that he just lost his jump because of the knee problem. We did pick up Dobbins and drafted Edds when we still have Torbor. Dansby is set at one spot so we basically have 6 guys competing for one spot.

He played on only 2 fewer games and the same amount of starts as in 08 but had less than half the tackles.

Crowder (13 starts, 13 games) - 52 tackles, one sack, one interception

Dobbins (14 games, two starts) – 55 tackles (plenty of special teams), one interception, one sack, one forced fumble.

It would not surprise me to see Crowder released at some point before the start of the regular season. He has had recent surgery due to a Lisfranc fracture and knee problems.

Dobbins is considered an early down thumper and Edds is a noted nickle LB'er. They could be replacing him with two players.

Thoughts?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Channing Crowder and the ILB's
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 26, 2010 11:58AM

Every linebacker NOT NAME Dansby will be working for their job. End of story!

Miami currently has 14 linebackers on their roster. They will only carry 10. So, 4 will be gone by Week 1

Posted by: camaron ()
Date: April 26, 2010 11:59AM

I agree....I think Crowder can be in the hot seat after some of these mini-camps. Maybe traded before season starts for a mid to late rounder. Would be nice!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 26, 2010 01:35PM

The main concern with Crowder coming out of college was his knee, as he'd already had a couple of operations by that point. If it's causing him real problems now, it shouldn't come as a surprise. I think his roster spot is in jeopardy.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 03:06PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The main concern with Crowder coming out of
> college was his knee, as he'd already had a couple
> of operations by that point. If it's causing him
> real problems now, it shouldn't come as a
> surprise. I think his roster spot is in jeopardy.

Crowder also had character questions coming out of college! He was in a handful of fights, might have even been arrested, dont remeber, I do remeber a bunch of controversy over something that happened off the field in college and involved Zook the coach trying to cover it up or something along those lines.
I think if Channing doesnt play well and is on the IR, he will not last around here. However Crowder has played well just a year ago. Last year he tried to do too much and it put him out of place alot on the field. The Tri, gave him a bunch of sh*t in contract negotiations last year becaue he didnt create enough turnovers or get interceptions, said he wasnt enough of an impact player. So he tried too hard and lost his head and game several times last year. I think with Dansby next to him Crowder will play well and get back in to leading the team in tackles. I agree last year was Crowder's worst year, but players have bad years and come back strong and some dont. Obviously by my screen name I am in the camp that he will turn it around and help the phins have a great season this year!

Date: April 26, 2010 03:10PM

Channing got in a bunch of bar fights at Florida. Nothing too major for a college kid really.

I know for a while he and his father weren't tight at all. I interviewed his father back when we drafted Channing for another website and he told me up front no questions about the personal stuff between him and his son. Keep it strictly on football. I told him no problem. But I think since they they have kissed and made up.

Channing carried our 2008 defense when we went 11-5. Cause from about Week 8 on that year Porter was gassed and did nothnig. Crowder was our glue that year. Don't know what happened to him last year really.

Date: April 26, 2010 04:14PM

While 2009 was by far Crowder's worst year, you can't discount that he has never made big plays his entire career. Crowder has started his entire career. And in 5 seasons, he has 2.5 sacks, 14 tackles for loss or no gain, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, and 1 INT. It really is an unacceptable amount of production. An average season for him is half a sack and 3 tackles for loss. Every other year he forces a fumble or recovers one. He's a smart guy who plays hard, but he just doesn't seem to make much happen.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:15PM

carrying 10 LBs? I don't think its that many. Even with one backup at every spot that's just 8. Usually we have 8 or less if I recall correctly, unless you are counting practice squad

Date: April 26, 2010 04:42PM

Last year, to open the season, we carried:

1. JT
2. Ayodele
3. Crowder
4. Porter
5. Wake
6. Anderson
7. Torbor
8. Moses
9. Walden

When Will Allen went on IR, we added LB William Kershaw, giving us 10 LB. Eventually, Kershaw was released, and LB JD Folsom was brought up from the practice squad to take his spot. So, from October 27th until the end of the season, we carried 10 LB on the 53-man roster.

Date: April 26, 2010 04:47PM

We will carry 10 again this year. With special teams and all we will have 10

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 27, 2010 03:43AM

Crowder's stats look good because of tackles, however if you look at him closely he is usually tacking after a gain instead of meeting the runner at the right point of attack.

I've been less than impressed with crowder for years, and will be surprised if he remains a Miami Dolphin beyond this year.

If he stay it will because the FO moves has lit a fire under him

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.