HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          picking 12th vs trading down.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
picking 12th vs trading down.
Posted by: realist ()
Date: April 16, 2010 05:38PM

Last year the 12 pick was Knowshon Moreno.

The 25th pick was Vontae Davis, and pick 38 was Rey Maluagua

Anybody here trade Vontae Davis and say Channing Crowder...even Pat White for knowshon Moreno?....?

No. the reality is that at 24-27 you can find a guy that is just as much of an impact player as 12...and you get the bonus of a 2nd rounder...who may or may not be an impact player.

So one year we screw up and blow a pick on Pat White....but we might also pick up another Sean Smith (61st pick)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: picking 12th vs trading down.
Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: April 16, 2010 05:44PM

I'd trade Pat White for Moreno in a heart beat. He nearly rushed for a 1000 yards last year. White's a 2nd string QB at best and we already have two of them. The only upside to him is speed and if he can't do something at WR this year, he'll be shown the door like Ginn was.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: April 16, 2010 05:46PM

I have been saying all along that we need to trade down. We do not have the ineptitude of previous regimes to make bad draft choices any more. In other words in Parcells, and company I trust a hell of alot more that Cameron and Wanny.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: April 16, 2010 05:46PM

Got of subject on the PW rant.

But I agree with the rest of your comment. Problem is...we NEED a FS and if Thomas is available, we have to take him. Otherwise, trade down.

Date: April 16, 2010 06:11PM

No..no...it has to be Vontae Davis & Pat White for Moreno.

That is the equivalent of the 25th pick (low 1st) and a high 2nd in exchange for the 12th overall.

would you do that trade?

Not me.

Date: April 16, 2010 06:16PM

I watched Nate Allen of USF at the INternational Bowl...the guy is all over the field.

Terrence Cody and Nate Allen is better, IMO, that Earl Thomas.

High impact Safetes have short careers. Big NT's have long careers. After McCoy and Suh...the difference between guys is debatable.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 16, 2010 07:17PM

mortreport

Thomas ran mostly "go" routes @ G. Tech w/ option offense but also has big hands . Get this: Wonderlic was 34. Raw but big upside #NFLDraft

mortreport

Demaryius Thomas 6-3 1/4, 224, has been working with ex-NFL star Roy Green. Word is Thomas recently has run in high 4.3's, 4.4's. #ESPNDraft

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.