Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Why I don't see Jason Taylor as a Jet...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Why I don't see Jason Taylor as a Jet...
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:00PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why I don't see Jason Taylor as a Jet...
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:05PM

I saw that. Funny stuff

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:22PM

So let me get this straight. Jason Taylor, famous Miami Dolphin, wants to sign with the Jets. A team he's said he couldn't play for. A team that if he signed with would basically make him the BIGGEST TRAITOR in Dolphins history. I know in this era of free agency, players don't stick around and loyalty from ownership is non-existent, but to assume this man would basically throw away his career as it stands as a dolphin is very very strange.

Also:
"There's a little more class on the Giants side and some Jets fans take the 'cl' out of class." -Taylor

"A bunch of them chanting their dumb-ass chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don't care if they get mad at me or not. They don't like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don't care. ... I'm just being real. I'm telling the truth. You carry yourself with some class, and we'll talk about you as if you've got class. If you want to act crazy and do all the crazy things they do, I'll call a spade a spade." -Taylor

I may be wrong, seriously wrong, but I don't see this actually happening. If he does end up signing with the Jets, I will have lost all respect for him as far as what comes out of his mouth. Can't say one thing and then turn around and do the exact opposite.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:35PM

if he doesn't sign with them today--meaning if he leave nj without signing a contract--I don't think he'll sign with them. In which case we should reward his loyalty by making him a fair offer without making him wait till the draft. I mean did we make fergeson wait till the draft, and he's suspended for 1/2 the year!

Date: April 07, 2010 02:44PM

Signing him before the draft sends a signal to other teams that we will likely not draft an OLB with our first pick. I don't see how making other teams more aware of our intentions going into the draft helps us in any way. One would hope that JT is smart enough to realize this and would want to help the team he's played with his (almost) entire career.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:45PM

JT in Jet green? UGH!

Date: April 07, 2010 02:46PM

but how would JT know that. He has been calling the team for months and they haven't returned his calls. Until today!!!

Date: April 07, 2010 03:26PM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Signing him before the draft sends a signal to
> other teams that we will likely not draft an OLB
> with our first pick. I don't see how making other
> teams more aware of our intentions going into the
> draft helps us in any way. One would hope that JT
> is smart enough to realize this and would want to
> help the team he's played with his (almost) entire
> career.

that makes no sense. if we sign jt we can certainly still draft an OLB #1. He's got one more year left at most and is best suited as a part time player. we need a full time starter at olb (one who's not 35 years old) and if the best guy on our board is there at #1, we will for sure take him. you don't not sign a player because you want to create a smoke screen for other teams in the off chance of a trade down

Date: April 07, 2010 03:51PM

Are you going to draft an OLB at our 12th and have him play behind taylor?

Date: April 07, 2010 03:53PM

no have Taylor play behind the LB we draft at #12

Date: April 07, 2010 03:56PM

either way, if JT is better off the bat than the OLB we draft at 12, then yes. if not then JT comes off the bench on 3d down. Also we have 2 OLBs, no one on the team right now is worth of being the declared starter

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 07, 2010 03:59PM

Some of you are ignoring the fact that we need 2 OLB's....signing JT does not mean we wont draft another. Everyone knows he is in his last few years. Makes no difference on the draft. Did it matter that we offered contracts to two FS's? They weren't too worried about that.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 07, 2010 03:59PM

thank you eetsi exactly right!

Date: April 07, 2010 04:01PM

I just think the FO isn't going to sign him before draft day. Taylor takes that as a slight, so be it.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 07, 2010 04:09PM

I dont think not signing him has anything to do with who we draft, but I think he was our ace in the hole in case we didnt get an OLB early. I'd be willing to bet that other teams have contacted him and he declined to visit, so I do see this as an attempt to prod our FO into sh@#ting or getting off the pot, and I dont fault him for that either, although it would be a bit hypocritical for him to sign with the Jets after all the sh@# he talked about them.

Date: April 07, 2010 04:11PM

He called Jets fans asses. I don't think he could walk into that stadium and not get assaulted.

Date: April 07, 2010 04:13PM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He called Jets fans asses. I don't think he could
> walk into that stadium and not get assaulted.

If Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, and Johnny Damon can play for the Yankees. Jason Taylor can play for the Jets. TRUST ME....once you start winning, fans forget about the past very quickly!!

Date: April 07, 2010 04:25PM

Brian Cox went to the Jets and Patriots. It wasn't the Bills but still...

The chanting idiot with the construction hat will be kissing JT's feet when he out produces every OLB on the roster and scores another TD like he always does. 8 sacks between two starting OLB's...JT can improve on that from the weak side playing only on passing downs.

I don't think it has any bearing on who we take at 12 because I think they are banking on the bigger gamble of getting the OLB we want in the second round or if we can trade down.

The fact that JT will make a decision over the weekend proves it is not some ridiculous elaborate smoke screen by the FO and JT. I think they are just letting JT get offers to see what the market is like for him so they know what to offer him.

Just MO...We are aiming for Dez Bryant at 1 and an OLB at 2. Culver will be the opening day starter at FS.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 07, 2010 04:39PM

I am also thinking we will be taking bryant at 12 if he's there

Date: April 07, 2010 04:55PM

Im down to thinking its Bryant or Dan Williams

But of course a lot can change in 3 weeks

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 05:05PM

Date: April 07, 2010 05:21PM

Date: April 07, 2010 05:25PM

i think in order of who i'd like (counting only those with a chance of being there at 12) I'd want

(1) dez bryant
(2) earl thomas
(3) brandon graham
(4) dan williams
(5) derrick morgan
(6) r mclain
(7) spiller
(8) j p paul
(9) kindle

Date: April 07, 2010 06:02PM

If Bryant is gone...trade down with Tennessee at 16 (so they can get Morgan) and pick up a third (#78). Trade down again a few spots and pick up another 3rd or 4th and take Demaryius Thomas, Benn or Tate.

Use one of those picks to move up from the second spot to take a better player.

I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 06:13PM by eesti.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.