HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Daniel Snyder is back at it!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Daniel Snyder is back at it!!
Posted by: opus ()
Date: April 04, 2010 04:27PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Daniel Snyder is back at it!!
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 04, 2010 04:52PM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 04, 2010 05:00PM

In my opinion, unless Kolb comes out at shows something that I haven't seen up to this point, this trade will go down as one of the biggest mistakes in Eagles history. It's not McNabbs fault they couldn't win a championship. Rather, I should stay, it wasn't solely his fault.

Date: April 04, 2010 05:04PM

Kolb last year had 2 starts

Start 1) 31 for 51...391 yards 2 TD's 3 INT's
Start 2) 24 for 34 ..327 yards 2TD's 0 INT's

In his only 2 starts he has TWO 300 yard games. That ain't bad!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2010 05:04PM by MikeO.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 04, 2010 05:04PM

Date: April 04, 2010 05:06PM

You are gonna franchise tag a QB!!! That is unheard of. With the contracts Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matthew Stafford, and possibly Sam Bradford will have.....good luck with that!!

HAVE FUN paying an old QB about 15X more than he is worth!!

Date: April 04, 2010 05:11PM

Date: April 04, 2010 05:14PM

IF a salary cap is in place putting the franchise tag on McNabb will be almost impossible.

Trading for a YOUNG QB like Cassell is one thing. Trying to pawn off an old QB like McNabb...when only 3 teams wanted him now. Take 1 off the market, is almost impossible.

Nobody will give up anything for an OLD QB with a big contract (if you franchise him)....ain't gona happen

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 04, 2010 05:24PM

I wont argue about the trade (cuz I really dont give a sh#@) but Mike I think you're selling McNabb a little short. He took them to a Super Bowl, so he's won a big game or 2 and IMO he's a top 7/8 QB who has an easy 5/6 years left. If Snider thinks their that close (and you have to figure Mike S had a big part in this) more power to em.

Posted by: JerryD ()
Date: April 04, 2010 05:42PM

Don't forget McNabb can also be mouthy & disruptive.

He's always telling management what to do, & saying what he will & won't do.

Go Phins!! Cheers, JerryD

Date: April 04, 2010 06:11PM

Date: April 04, 2010 06:13PM

Adam Schefter just reported in ESPNews it would cost over $20 mill to franchise tag McNabb after this season.

Like I said, ain't happening!

Date: April 04, 2010 06:14PM

Date: April 04, 2010 06:21PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wont argue about the trade (cuz I really dont
> give a sh#@) but Mike I think you're selling
> McNabb a little short. He took them to a Super
> Bowl, so he's won a big game or 2 and IMO he's a
> top 7/8 QB who has an easy 5/6 years left. If
> Snider thinks their that close (and you have to
> figure Mike S had a big part in this) more power
> to em.

1-4 in NFC Championship games
0-1 in Super Bowl

That is 6 big games in his life and he won only 1. And in NFC Championship games at home one year his offense scored 3 pts. The other 10pts both in losses

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 04, 2010 06:33PM

Based on what they did with JT, no one is claiming the Skins are genius's with their trades.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 04, 2010 06:42PM

I have to agree with MikeO here, McNabb has long passed his prime, definitely not worth a 2nd round pick. Looks like Shanahan is going to be handcuffed by Darth Snyder's moves.

NFC EAST
Washington Redskins-Last Place.

Date: April 04, 2010 07:31PM

toko34 Wrote:
> I have to agree with MikeO here, McNabb has long
> passed his prime, definitely not worth a 2nd round
> pick. Looks like Shanahan is going to be
> handcuffed by Darth Snyder's moves.
>
> NFC EAST
> Washington Redskins-Last Place.

Sad part is, Shanahan wanted this move. McNabb at 34 is one year younger than when Shanahan took over Denver and got Elway. He is trying to catch lightening in a bottle twice. Problem is.....McNabb ain't Elway. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! Not even on the same planet!!!

And the other sad part is, Washington gives up these 2 picks, signs a bunch of washed up old running backs, and like you said....they are still the last place team in that division by a mile!! So you got older, gives up high draft picks, and you still suck!

One of the, if not the, worst trade in NFL HISTORY!!!

Date: April 05, 2010 01:58AM

MikeO Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wont argue about the trade (cuz I really dont
> > give a sh#@) but Mike I think you're selling
> > McNabb a little short. He took them to a Super
> > Bowl, so he's won a big game or 2 and IMO he's
> a
> > top 7/8 QB who has an easy 5/6 years left. If
> > Snider thinks their that close (and you have to
> > figure Mike S had a big part in this) more
> power
> > to em.
>
>
> 1-4 in NFC Championship games
> 0-1 in Super Bowl
>
> That is 6 big games in his life and he won only 1.
> And in NFC Championship games at home one year his
> offense scored 3 pts. The other 10pts both in
> losses

Yeah my bad Mike, I forgot the Eagles got a bye putting them directly into those 5 NFC championship games. (I guess Marino couldn't win the big one either?)

"One of the, if not the, worst trade in NFL HISTORY!!!"

Remains to be seen, if Donovan re-signs with the Skins and has 5 to 6 more productive years, then it was a small price to pay. If he plays 1 year and bolts, then yes it was a horrible trade.

Date: April 05, 2010 02:49AM

Marino didn't have good teams to play in "BIG GAMES". There is a difference

McNabb had GREAT teams and he never won anything

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 05, 2010 03:32AM

'McNabb had GREAT teams'

what great team did McNabb Have, that's a crock of sh*t statement. You are really talking out of your >>> here. Philly might have one at least on SBowl if they invested a bit more in their offensive skill positions earlier in McNabbs career. While not great McNabb is competent and very good qb better than anything the phins have had since Marino and better than Henne at this point of his career.

Date: April 05, 2010 03:35AM

McNabb had great defenses with Jimmie Johnson the best defensvie coordinator running the show. He had Brian Westbrook and a great running game. Always had a top flight tight end and offensive line. The WR's werent' always great but they were always good to very good. His teams were such BIG FAVORITES in almost all of those NFC Championship games it wasn't evenn funny. And he lost them all except for 1. Lost at home to Tampa in the cold. Lost at home to Carolina when nobody thought Carolina had a shot that year. The Arizona game he lost himself with a horribly played 1st half.

Stop, those Philly teams were GREAT!!

Date: April 05, 2010 04:13AM

A great team w/ out great WR's you are still talking out of it. Westbrook was a good RB but he could be shut down and often was because philly did not have a power back. Again a good T/E but did they have an all pro T/E. I don't even like the eagles but I kinda respect McNabb but I tell you what I will just go w/ Mike Shanahans opinion on this one.

Date: April 05, 2010 04:58AM

yeah because the day Elway (maybe the 2nd best QB of all time) retired....Shanhan won so many games and so many playoff games..eye rolling smiley Shanahan really built those Denver teams up great. All he did was inherit a legend and won with someone elses players!

And I saw Tom Brady win Super Bowls with wide recievers you have never herad of!! That excuse for McNabb ain't flying anywehre.

Those Philly teams were great. When you go 1-4 in NFC Championship games, its a sign of a QB who can't win the big one! If Marino had that many opportunities he would have broken through more than once! When your losing NFC Championship games at home and only scoring 3pts and 10pts, its a sign of a QB who can't win the big one. And now that he is on the downside of his career, its over for him!

Horrible trade on every level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 04:59AM by MikeO.

Date: April 05, 2010 05:05AM

for the record, Im not against adding McNabb as the QB. The Redskins did upgrade. BUT giving up a 2nd/3rd or a 2nd/4th is just insane!! Especiallly with a team that has holes everywhere. And to add a vet QB on a team with no o-line and no WR's....crazy. Asking for him to get injured.

McNabb isn't worth that. Not even close. At this stage in his career he is worth no more than a 3rd round pick. And that's pushing it. But a high 2nd round pick then adding another early round pick is insane. The man will be 34 years old during the season and his career has already peaked.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 05, 2010 08:42AM

Well, we gave up a second for AJ feely and got a second for Wes Welker. McNabb at 33 yrs old still has years left and will probably resign a contract. I think he is due 11 million this year.

He is not Tom Brady but is still a franchise QB. Not to many people or teams have been able to have the success NE had with average WR's so to compare anyone to them is not fair.

McNabb carried Philly for years when he had no weapons on offense. No WR's...an injury prone RB who couldn't stay on the field and no TE or an oft injured one. Not to mention a mediocre line who nearly got him killed.

Now they finally have a line and WR's and they let him go for a guy with a couple starts. Could go either way here. Kolb should do alright with the talent he has around him but you never know. He will also have his struggles with Int's as a young QB.

"6 big games and he won one" ...well he also took them to those big games. You can't blame all of the losses on McNabb and not give him credit for the wins. He is 82-45 as a starter.

Now McNabb is back in the same boat....mediocre weapons on offense and holes on the o-line.

If I was a team without a franchise QB, I would give up a 2nd for McNabb in a heartbeat. They will be also able to get something for Campbell in return....prob only a 4th or so.

Elway lost a bunch of big games in his career too...until he got Terrell Davis and a good defense to help win a championship. He only had 2800 yards passing the year they won the 2nd SB and he had a completion % of 55.8 in the first one. He had a complete team supporting him or he would have gone out as another "who couldn't win the big one".

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 05, 2010 08:56AM

Also dont forget that the year he took them to the SB he didn't have T. Owens for the last 6 or so games and the playoffs, and still got them there. He's also still the best QB in that div. I think this has potential to be a bad trade for the Eagles more so than the Skins.....if he re-signs.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 05, 2010 09:01AM

Don't forget McNabb can also be mouthy & disruptive.

That's ridiculous. McNabb has been put through the ringer in Philly and always handled it like a pro. Lobbying for more weapons and defending yourself is not what I would call mouthy and disruptive.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: April 05, 2010 09:05AM

the price that Wash paid was about right but the Skins were the wrong team. McNabb still has a strong arm and should be good for at least 2-3 more years. All the criticism here is misplaced. The guy took his team to 5 NFC championships.

Date: April 05, 2010 09:32AM

Date: April 05, 2010 10:05AM

Dude the trade was for a #2 this year and a #3 or #4 in the 2011 draft.
That is not bad for a qb like McNabb. We had idiots in our front office when we gave a #2 for AJ Feeley and drafter Beck in the second rnd.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.