HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dez Bryant doesn't dissapoint
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dez Bryant doesn't dissapoint
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 30, 2010 12:37PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dez Bryant doesn't dissapoint
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 30, 2010 12:55PM

doesnt matter will still be one of the top 5 wr drafted this decade!

Date: March 30, 2010 01:02PM

With all the knocks on him about showing up for college games 10 min before they start. For being thrown off the team his senior year. For signing with an agent that is a nutcase. For canceling your pro day three times and pushing it back

WITH ALL OF HIS RED FLAGS

How the hell do you show up to your pro day without your cleats?? That is like everything Tiger has gone through showing up at the Masters without his clubs!

Dez is an elite talent. But he is sooo immature that Im not sure if he grows out of it anytime soon. Somebody will roll the dice on him though. Only need 1 team to like ya!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 30, 2010 01:19PM

Still many questions regarding this kid....mostly relating to maturity and professionalism.

He didn't finish the short shuttle, 3 cone drill or the bench. He did 14 reps and people say he clearly could have done more.

It's almost as if the guy is deliberately sabotaging himself so he will drop and go to a better team. I'm not sure how smart that is or how smart Bryant is...

The other thing that is scaring people off is the agent he hired... Eugen Parker, who represented Crabtree during his 5 game holdout (didn't play until week 7). I don't know if Parker was the entire problem as SF are cheap and he only signed a 5 mil/year deal with 17m gtd. (19 mil over first 3 years). Big but not huge for a WR.

The fact that he quit on several drills is a huge red flag to me.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 30, 2010 01:45PM

Parker was the problem. The Raiders took Heyward-Bey before Crabtree. A SHOCK to everyone. So Crabtree, who was the #1 WR in the draft, but was picked as the 2nd WR in the draft, wanted to be paid like the #1 WR in the draft!! SORRY, DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:01PM

I'd still take Bryant if he's there at #12. But, sanctions would have to be placed on him and he'd have to actually work his way through the lineup starting at the bottom and into a full time starting job. I would give him nothing and make him earn everything.

Posted by: camaron ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:10PM

Is this kid serious? How can he forget his cleats? It's like the average Joe walking out of the house without shoes. The kid hasn't played Football in a year, this is the biggest day of his life, to demonstrate that he is not as bad as advertised and still manages to screw it up. This kid, unfortunately, is not a talent that you invest a 1st round pick to. For his own good, it may be best for the kid to drop out of the 1st. Some of these kids take their talent for granted and just blow it all away. SAD!!!

Posted by: opus ()

Have Parcells sit down with him for lunch.... it will only take about 5 minutes at a table for Parcells to figure out whether or not this guy can be trained and molded. This is one of the oldest tests in the business field.. You make a comment about something the person has done while eating, something that is somehow or another improper, then you see how they react. Eating and the method by which we eat is a very personal thing, and we usually expose our way of reacting to criticism,ie coaching, without being able to build a false front because we are A. preoccupied with the food, and B.not alert to any critcism of how we eat, we figure we are going to be asked questions about the job, so we do not have a defense planned. Would love to see this happen and be a fly on the wall when it does smiling smiley

You dont' take a guy at 12 and have him work his way up from the bottom. I mean whats the point of taking him at 12 then??? You better get somebody who can start from DAY 1!

Seriously, we have nobody at WR

An honestly, if you don't hand him the job, then he will just be another Jamarcus Russell and cash the big pay check and mail it in and not care. And live his life off his "guarnteed signing bonus".

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:25PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:31PM

No thanks! I had reservations about him before his pro-day and I wouldn't touch him with a 10" pole at 12. The way this kids dropping, he may be there in the 2nd. (for the record, I'm only kidding, he wont last till our pick in the 2nd)

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 30, 2010 02:34PM

"That is like everything Tiger has gone through showing up at the Masters without his" PANTS

Date: March 30, 2010 04:51PM

He won't be there in Rd 2

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: March 30, 2010 06:55PM

This had to be done on purpose, I haven't played ball for years now, but if you open up the trunk of my car you will find cleats and other sports equipment... A true Jock always has gear.....

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 31, 2010 03:08AM

Comments are fine MikeO, but the title to this thread is inverted.

Perhaps you intended it as tongue in cheek ... but I think the general consensus is that Dez Bryant most definately did dissappoint.

1. Forgot cleats - Really? How do you do that on your pro day?
- Worse than the dog ate my homework.

2. After all the off field issues, what kind of message does this send

By the time the draft comes along, we may see bryant available after we trade down. Before I would have thought he would be gone by the 12th pick.

Bryant did dissappoint.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 31, 2010 04:54AM

Opus, I like your "test" through dinner. I remember my dad saying something along those lines when he would hire new peeps.

Date: March 31, 2010 05:40AM

"Perhaps you intended it as tongue in cheek ... but I think the general consensus is that Dez Bryant most definately did dissappoint."

God knows that MikeO doesn't need anyone speaking for him......but i'm pretty sure it was done as "tongue firmly in cheek"

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 31, 2010 06:10AM

Forget the cleats this is what stood out to me...

from walterfootball
"he dropped some passes in the drills, but anyone familiar with his game shouldn't be surprised by that, as he has lapses in concentration at times."

Ted Ginn Jr. II??

No thanks, pass.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 31, 2010 06:15AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget the cleats this is what stood out to me...
>
> from walterfootball
> "he dropped some passes in the drills, but anyone
> familiar with his game shouldn't be surprised by
> that, as he has lapses in concentration at
> times."
>
>
> Ted Ginn Jr. II??
>
> No thanks, pass.

Probably closer to Braylon Edwards, actually.

Date: March 31, 2010 07:06AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> Comments are fine MikeO, but the title to this
> thread is inverted.
>
> Perhaps you intended it as tongue in cheek ... but
> I think the general consensus is that Dez Bryant
> most definately did dissappoint.
>
> 1. Forgot cleats - Really? How do you do that on
> your pro day?
> - Worse than the dog ate my homework.
>
> 2. After all the off field issues, what kind of
> message does this send
>
> By the time the draft comes along, we may see
> bryant available after we trade down. Before I
> would have thought he would be gone by the 12th
> pick.
>
> Bryant did dissappoint.

OF course its tongue and cheek. The guy is a 1st class CLOWN!! And by forgetting your cleats you live up (or down) to the hype and red flags around you! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 31, 2010 07:54AM

MikeO Wrote:
> You dont' take a guy at 12 and have him work his
> way up from the bottom. I mean whats the point of
> taking him at 12 then??? You better get somebody
> who can start from DAY 1!

RE: What exactly does he learn from being simply being handed the job? The point is to make him grow up a little and make him earn the spot...that way he's much more inclined to appreciate what he had to work hard to get. I'm not saying that he never gets on the field until he's a starter but he shuld be made to EARN his keep, his job and anything else he gets.
>
> Seriously, we have nobody at WR

RE: Not even remotely true but I get the point...we need a Dez Bryant level talent...and the coaches need to rein him in and grow him up to be a highly productive member of society and of the team.
>
> An honestly, if you don't hand him the job, then
> he will just be another Jamarcus Russell and cash
> the big pay check and mail it in and not care. And
> live his life off his "guarnteed signing bonus".

RE: That's why you have interviews, mentors, role models, coaches and other mechanisms in place to support, guide, tutor, discipline, mold, and hopefully bring him along while keeping him out of trouble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 07:55AM by Ken.

Date: March 31, 2010 09:00AM

I'd like to get a sure thing, whether it be top tier or near top tier talent, over another "project".

Date: March 31, 2010 09:01AM

All I know is that if we don't take a WR in round one, we are not getting one that will do what we need him to this year. All the top WR's will be gone by pick 43.

Adding another Brian Hartline type in the 3rd or 4th round will do nothing but add another #2 or 3 WR to the mix.

.....................................................................................

Date: March 31, 2010 09:16AM

eesti Wrote:
> All I know is that if we don't take a WR in round
> one, we are not getting one that will do what we
> need him to this year. All the top WR's will be
> gone by pick 43.
>
> Adding another Brian Hartline type in the 3rd or
> 4th round will do nothing but add another #2 or 3
> WR to the mix.

Possibly. Any one of these 3 guys would be great, in my opinion:

Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Demaryius Thomas

I'm pretty certain that if we trade down we should still be able to pick up one of these guys.

Date: March 31, 2010 10:43AM

No A. Benn Monty?

Date: March 31, 2010 11:04AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> No A. Benn Monty?

Alright. I confess I haven't watched that much college football lately. I've been looking in on guys mentioned on this board, which is where I got the 3 names I previously mentioned. Yes, upon further look, Benn looks good too! Is this draft really that deep at WR?

Date: March 31, 2010 12:10PM

I know he isn't on everyone's list, but I like Tate.

Date: March 31, 2010 12:11PM

I didn't say we couldn't trade down a few spots and still get a WR. I said if we trade down too far, we won't...and we won't get one of those guys at 43. Trading down with Cincy would be optimal, then we could justify taking D. Thomas at 21. Not that they would do it but I just don't want to pick after NE or NY in round 1.

Date: March 31, 2010 12:17PM

I'm baffled though when it comes to Bryant. What amounts to the most important day to date of a young mans life and he makes the mistake of forgetting his shoes? Are you f%cking kidding me? If we draft this guy, mark my words, he'll be a bust. His head/heart are NOT into football. Drafting someone like that is seriously dangerous and reckless, something this FO isn't known for.

Date: March 31, 2010 12:36PM

You never know. Randy Moss had many more problems than Bryant . He was taken at 21. Moss had a Jail sentence for being involved in a racial fight, Positive drug test and released from FSU and he even skipped the combine all together.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.