Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Stephen Ross's ship is about to come in (again)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Stephen Ross's ship is about to come in (again)
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 28, 2010 06:22AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stephen Ross's ship is about to come in (again)
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 07:10AM

I don't want them to stop selling beer. Drinking at the game is a big part of the fun! They just need to crack down on the few aholes who can't handle their booze

Date: March 28, 2010 07:17AM

Posted by: camaron ()
Date: March 28, 2010 07:54AM

Sorry Mike, gotta disagree with you here. People were not attending games because we were going through bad economic times and the fact that we were inconsistent.

Drinking at our stadium is not bad at all compared to others around the league. Dangerous are NY games, Foxboro, Philly, Redskins, bills, shoot even the stinking Browns. Question: What do you think about moving games till 4pm? Good or bad

I disagree with the whole kangaroo device. It BS!!! You go to games to see the game live, not off some device where you hit play back to watch a replay. A play is made that you don't agree with you make noise. You scream! Have you noticed that we don't get replays on the immense HD Jumbo screen anymore. Instead we are watching some commercial for DUCT CLEANING. Seriously!!! It's pathetic. It all for one reason $$$$$$.

Our stadium is packed with Miami fans only when we have good product on the field. I could not have been more uncomfortable for the Saints game and Steelers this past year. It was embarrassing.

Date: March 28, 2010 08:29AM

Posted by: camaron ()
Date: March 28, 2010 08:43AM

I am just wondering, now that he raised prices for shaded areas, does that mean prices will be raised for shaded areas at 4pm. Basically, 3/4 of the stadium will be shaded at 4pm kick-off.
My tickets went up $5 for having shade at 2:30pm for a 1pm game. I mean, this guy just wants to suck everything out of us. Crazy thing is I don't care, I love Football!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 09:03AM

I had season tickets for 7 years, I inherited them from my family who had them since the day Joe Robbie opened, and before that in the orange bowl since 1971. The tickets were in the club sections 40 yard line homeside. When I took over the tickets I was payins under two hundred a ticket a game, shortly after they raised it to around 250 a game. Then I had to renew, the year Cam took over. The renw price was 700 a ticket per seat per game. I decided that was to steep for my blood, and decided to gracefully bow out. The team then only won one game. I didnt understadn the business philosophy of increasing ticket prices by so much as the product being given had done nothing but declined. I think the overall greed of the NFL, players and owners, is destroying the fan experience, nothing else. They have priced themselves out of being a family experience. I grew up going to see Greise in the Orange Bowl, with my Dad, Grandpa and Grandma every sunday. I am defintely sad that my son will not be able to have the same experience with the Phins I did, but it is hardly the fault of Beer or lack of gameday expereince. It is the greed that is the NFL. If they really want to increase fan attendance, be more reasonable with your tickets and cost of that experience. But with these ridiculous contracts being paid to unproven rookies to huge Free agent signings. Tickets prices are going no where but up and up. Watching it at home is just more bang for your buck. Same NFl, you just dont feel like they are taking advantage of you "$" for your loyalty.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 09:42AM

wtf MIKE? I yell and drink beer at the games. smileys with beer

MIKEo- you're scared to goto the game?sad smiley

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!! tongue sticking out smiley

LMAO...

whhhhhaah some yelled 'F-*-C-K F THE JETS.'

Date: March 28, 2010 01:00PM

Im not scared. I wouldn't bring my girlfriend, or my brothers kids or anything like that. Not a family event.

For me and the guys, Im fine. To bring young kids or family to....no way!!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:40PM

I have been taking my son to the Bills Dolphins game in Buffalo for the past 5 years and it is fine.

Things were crazy out of hand back in the Marino/Kelly era...but at 'the Ralph' (Ralph Wilson Stadium) they take things pretty seriously. there are Cops and security everywhere. There are signs with a *number ; you just text your section number and security will come.

7-8 years ago there would be fights galore, and people throwing stuff...but since they cleaned it up it is great.

Now if they could just build a bubble for the fans so it feels like oudoors but without the 5 degree temperature.

You are correct about the food. They make enough cash on the TV contracts, they make money on the ticket price. Sell beer at jacked up prices; I'm fine with that. It would be nice to be able to buy my son a soda and a bag of popcorn without feeling like I just got screwed. I think I paid $12 for 1 drink and 1 popcorn. At the grocery store I could buy a 12 pack of Coke and a 6 bag box of Orville Redenbaker microwave poprcorn.

They could take a page from the MLB teams. I went to a Blue Jays game where they had Hot Dogs for $1 dollar each ( limit of four at a time). Try family pricing for snacks.

OR...Family pricing on tickets. Buy 4 or more tickets and when you show up at the gates with actual children you get a family voucher for merchandise, or snacks, or reduced prices on your next game. Make it enticing for people to bring their kids.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:46PM

I remember going to a Yankees spring training game a few years ago. 1 beer was 9 dollars, nachos were 4.50 and popcorn was 4 bucks. Basically, by the time all was said and done, I paid 100 bucks for two people.

Date: March 28, 2010 03:20PM

The last year at Yankee Stadium a hamburger was 9.75 and a hot dog was $7 bucks.

Date: March 28, 2010 06:45PM

And they wonder why people aren't piling in to see the games! It's because people can't afford it anymore. Especially in the case of baseball, where there is a game every day!

Date: March 28, 2010 07:33PM

Baseball games for the most part are cheap. You can get upper deck tickets to most mid-week yankee games in the summer for 9 or 10 bucks I believe. I mean the seats are way up towards the top, but to get in the door its cheap. Im guessing in city's like Pitt, KC, and other poor teams its just as cheap nowadays.

Out of ALL of the sports baseball is the cheapest to go to.

Date: March 29, 2010 05:32AM

Oh please. I went to the Jags away game this year, sat next to a total MILF. eye popping smiley Drank like 4 beers, and everytime they tried to chant D-FENSE the PHIN FANS came alive and chanting DOL-PHINS! I didnt hear or use ANY profanity except a couple 'OH SH*TS', but that was when the Jag mascot got stuck dangling 100feet above the field on a wire before the game.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:31AM

Date: March 29, 2010 06:45AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mike0, just when you thought it was safe to agree
> with you. YOU TOTALY RUIN IT WITH THE DUMBEST POST
> IN THE UNIVERSE! WHY PHINSFAN2 WHY!!!!! OH THE
> MADNESS!!!!!thumbs down

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 29, 2010 07:06AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Mike0, just when you thought it was safe to agree
> with you. YOU TOTALY RUIN IT WITH THE DUMBEST POST
> IN THE UNIVERSE! WHY PHINSFAN2 WHY!!!!! OH THE
> MADNESS!!!!!thumbs down

What are you talking about Mia1? I got Mikes back on this one......he's had way dumber postsgrinning smiley

Date: March 29, 2010 07:11AM

eye rolling smiley

Date: March 29, 2010 08:18AM

man you people must have a real empty life to come here and just namecall all day long

seriously, people. Grow Up! You want to debate football topics thats cool and all, but to just namecall...whatever!

Posted by: tboneabbott ()
Date: March 29, 2010 09:41AM

MikeO I think you want people upset with you.first your topic sentence does not meet your post ? Second I disagree with your post . I have gone to four Miami Dolphins games last year. One at Home and three away games . The only fight I saw had nothing to do with beer drinking.

Tboneabbott

If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same.
-Bob Golic

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 29, 2010 10:18AM

now im from way up here in northern iowa, and racing is big up here i do enjoy some local dirt racing and at one of the tracks i go to to control the price of food and stuff they sell hot dogs for the price of the number of the car that one the modified feature.
i.e. #5 wins = $.50
#10 wins = $1.00
Its a really good method until the 555 car wins (not a joke), but i think something like that would maybe work for football say whateve the point spread was in the previous weeks game was say we win by 9 = $.90 and so on win or lose. just an idea, any thoughts?

Date: March 29, 2010 11:43AM

tboneabbott Wrote:
> MikeO I think you want people upset with you.first
> your topic sentence does not meet your post ?
> Second I disagree with your post . I have gone to
> four Miami Dolphins games last year. One at Home
> and three away games . The only fight I saw had
> nothing to do with beer drinking.

Your lucky. Games in Buffalo, Cleveland, Pitt, Philly, Washington,...etc. VERY VERY DIFFERENT! Lots of fights.

I don't want anyone upset. I was pointing out that Goodell thinks handheld TV's will bring people back to the stadiums. He's wrong. Lowering costs and changing the BEER policy will help bring people back to stadiums!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 29, 2010 01:21PM

MikeO Wrote:
>
> I don't want anyone upset. I was pointing out that
> Goodell thinks handheld TV's will bring people
> back to the stadiums. He's wrong. Lowering costs
> and changing the BEER policy will help bring
> people back to stadiums!!

But in your original post, you said this device was "gonna make him more billions.." Won't more people need to come back to the stadiums, in order to make him these billions?

Anyway I do agree that this kangaroo thing is NOT the answer. Smart-phones already have the technology to do basically (not exactly, but basically) the same thing.

If the league wants to provide this instant replay/highlight stuff as content to the fans in the stadium, they should make it available by Wi-Fi signal. That way people with smartphones can use it if they want, and there'd be no need for the extra device.

Date: March 29, 2010 01:39PM

"If the league wants to provide this instant replay/highlight stuff as content to the fans in the stadium, they should make it available by Wi-Fi signal. That way people with smartphones can use it if they want, and there'd be no need for the extra device."

Yea, but then you wouldn't have to buy the device, and they couldn't leach more money out of you smoking smiley

Date: March 29, 2010 01:58PM

JC Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > I don't want anyone upset. I was pointing out
> that
> > Goodell thinks handheld TV's will bring people
> > back to the stadiums. He's wrong. Lowering
> costs
> > and changing the BEER policy will help bring
> > people back to stadiums!!
>
> But in your original post, you said this device
> was "gonna make him more billions.." Won't more
> people need to come back to the stadiums, in order
> to make him these billions?

Your missing my point. These things are gonna be in EVERY stadium in the league in the near future. And he is the owner of Kangarro TV so they have to buy it from him because the NFL is mandating if you add this technology buy it from Ross. He has a monopoly on the thing anyway so they have nowhere else to go regardless. Whether people are at the games and using it means nothing. Teams will have to put them in the stadiums.

As long as the teams add them to the stadiums, he makes is money. If they are used or not, has no effect on anything.

Date: March 29, 2010 05:33PM

MikeO Wrote:
> As long as the teams add them to the stadiums, he
> makes is money. If they are used or not, has no
> effect on anything.

But if the technology is obsolete almost before it gets implemented, that would take away from the life of the product.

If anybody with a cell phone could see the same thing, the whole kangaroo thing would be silly.

Date: March 29, 2010 05:36PM

Again, they won't add the wifi access for cells because they can't make money off of it as opposed to the KangarooTV thing, which they'll make gangbusters from.

Date: March 29, 2010 05:48PM

Odenn Wrote:
> Again, they won't add the wifi access for cells
> because they can't make money off of it as opposed
> to the KangarooTV thing, which they'll make
> gangbusters from.

Yes, but cell phones can also get videos from the cell signal. Only difference is the speed is usually a little slower (at least, right now it is...who knows what technology improvements will happen in the next few years).

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:44PM

No beer! LOL! If anything they need to sell more beer or just give it away at Dolphin stadium have you been to a game there? The crowd is sleeping compared to Philly or Pit. By the way I took my 10 yr old daughter to a Jets game and they had a great time! What are you talking about? No Beer hahaha. How about be bus people from the nursing home to the game and they can play bingo during half time as long as they don't yell their number too loud

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.