HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          McShay/Kiper combined Mock draft....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
McShay/Kiper combined Mock draft....
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 09:57AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McShay/Kiper combined Mock draft....
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 10, 2010 10:00AM

I wouldn't be upset with Williams. He isn't my top choice but I wouldn't be upset with the pick

Williams played for Monte Kiffin last year. I would place a call and if Monte gave him the stamp of approval then I wouldn't be all that upset with the pick of Williams

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 10:18AM

This draft to me is reminding me of the one where we took Vernon Carey. We had a glaring hole on OL and absolutely had to draft someone at OL early and plug him in there. We took Carey over better players like Wilfork (even traded up for the privilege of doing so, ugh) because we had to (or at least the front office idiots thought so); Carey was not the BPA at that point by a long shot.

Now here we are with a similar hole at NT. Williams to me is nothing special, just the best of the big bodies. But I bet we take him regardless if someone better is on the board, bc we need a NT.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 10, 2010 10:57AM

Well, we still have Soliai and McDaniel that can play NT, and Starks that can do small stints. Then Ferguson comes back after 8 weeks. So, perhaps we feel we're not that bad off.

I'm more concerned with FS, but maybe we're just going to open it up to Smith, Davis, Will Allen, Jason Allen, Clemons and Culver and see who sticks? Heck, why not try Bell there too, then put one of the other guys at SS? Bell may be the best hitting safety on the team even though his coverage skills aren't as good as you'd want at FS.

Who knows. We MAY actually be in a position to pick a WR #12. You never know!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 04:26PM

Good point. that takes us back to WR. If Dez bryant is gone do we drop down grab a extra third ake Golden Tate & Toby Gerhart?

Date: March 10, 2010 04:29PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good point. that takes us back to WR. If Dez
> bryant is gone do we drop down grab a extra third
> ake Golden Tate & Toby Gerhart?

depends if any team wants to move up and spend more money signing a 1st round pick. Which I seriously doubt.

Unless one of the QB's fall to 12, I doubt any team will want to move up

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 10, 2010 04:54PM

This is an uncapped year...so if a guy slips down a few picks...a team will not worry about the money..they will trade to get their guy.

The interesting question is this:

If a guy signs a contract with a $16 million dollar signing bonus on a 4 year deal during an uncapped season...and then they agree to a new CBA in 2011 ...is it still pro-rated?

I would argue that it would be unfair to penalize teams as the contract was negotiated based on the conditions of the day.

Date: March 10, 2010 05:59PM

that is why even if they agree on a cap in 2011....it will be grandfathered in over the course of a couple years. It wouldn't hapepn overnight.

Once you get the toothpaste out of the tube....you ain't getting it back in easy. This is an UNCAPPED NFL now. It won't go back to being capped overnight. It just can't be done

Date: March 10, 2010 06:25PM

Date: March 10, 2010 07:30PM

It's a road block. Trust me. When you have a Union and a bunch of greedy owners at each others throats, nothing is ever so simple.

The union will be in FEAR that putting a cap in overnight will mean a bunch of their guys will be cut ASAP and put on the street. And be forced into lesser deals now.

Trust me, its not as simple as you make it out to be

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 11, 2010 02:30AM

I've been wondering if this un-capped year is gonna cause havoc on getting draft picks signed? The agents will want to squeeze out every last drop cuz they'll know next year will probably have a rookie cap, and the teams wont be able to use "cant go over the cap" as an excuse to only offer X amount of dollars. Could get interesting

Date: March 11, 2010 06:09AM

Date: March 11, 2010 07:08AM

i totally disagree. In an uncapped system marginal players with decent contracts are less likely to get cut because there is no frear of salary cap ramifications.

time will tell, we will see

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.