HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Parcells on warpath
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Parcells on warpath
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 03, 2010 04:32AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parcells on warpath
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 03, 2010 05:42AM

That's a good thing

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: March 03, 2010 06:14AM

I'm smelling a trade!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 03, 2010 10:59AM

because they have gone through a lot of trouble to put up a smoke screen about bringing back Gibril Wilson, who they plan to release after they draft Earl Thomas....especially since he has created a lot of buzz lately.

Miami used 6 DB's 30% of the time last year. Nolan doesn't do that. He runs a 2-4-5 in passing situations. (so to speak as one LB will have his hand down as Dumervil did and Wake will)

The safeties under Paul P. were almost interchangeable and play in run support more than in Nolan's system....which is why our top 2 leading tacklers were our starting safeties. (that and injuries)

Nate Jones probably won't be back as the nickle CB and we need a FS who can cover the field. Wilson cannot do that.

Earl Thomas has corner skills and can cover the slot receiver. This would allow us to use less DB's in passing situations and more pass rushers.

Even our nickle D with Will Allen, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Earl Thomas and Bell or Culver or J. Allen or Clemons...could be a very fast and effective group.

His addition allows us to subtract two players to the active roster....Jones and Wilson. Three if he returns punts which would most likely be a huge improvement over Bess.

Now add Dansby and another athletic LB'er like Daryl Washington or Jerry Hughes to cover TE's and RB's and we are in good shape.

Nickle Defense

2 DL - Starks and Merling

4 LB - Dansby, Washington, Crowder, Wake (hand down on the line)

5 DB - Will Allen, Smith, Davis, Thomas & Bell

OK, my theory is pure speculation...so what. smiling smiley

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:02AM

I think its because they are affraid of tampering charges.

I mean they signed Smiley a couple years back a couple minutes after midnight.And it was talked about for weeks. Everyone know it was going to happen. OBVIOUS tampering on the Fins part. They got away with it. You can probably do that once, but not twice.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:38AM

My "source" cant get anything out..he has been shut down sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.