HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Boldin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Boldin
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:24PM

I read that it is looking like Boldin will be traded, and the Phins are a possibility as the cards will likely drop their asking price. is he worth a second? Can we swap him for Ginn, Wilson, or an LB if Dansby bolts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boldin
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:37PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: February 26, 2010 08:30PM

Boldin is good and he'd upgrade our group if could stay healthy but I don't think he's fast enough to be our #1 guy. Maybe if we needed a complement to a legitamate #1 but we don't have one. In any event I wouldn't trade Ginn for him and wouldn't give up more than a fourth to get him.

I want a sub 4.45 guy with size to complement Ginn.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 26, 2010 08:31PM

nobody will trade for Wilson and pick up his large contract. Especially a cheap franchise like Arizona who is looking to cut payroll

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 26, 2010 11:55PM

Boldin has had his injury problems but has posted 1000 yard season in 5 out of 7 years.

I believe he led the league in receptions his rookie year with QB's Josh McCown and Tony Blake on a 4-12 team.

He also had 1000 yards in 2008 in 11 1/2 games and is coming off yet another 1000 yard season.

He was never that fast but not all WR's are (Jerry Rice). It would be nice to have a 4.4 or 4.3 guy that can also catch but sometimes its about knowing how to get open and actually catch the ball.

The question is how much is he worth at age 30. Definitely not Fitzgerald money but maybe half of that and maybe a 3rd but no more.

The chances of him getting another 1000 yard season are pretty good. A lot better than a 3rd round rookies chances.

He averaged 100 yards a game in 2005 (with two different QB's, Warner played 10 games and McC 6) which is incredible.

He had 1203 yards in 2006 with Matt Leinart playing in 12 games, what would he do with Chad Henne? You would think better but being 4 years older probably about the same.

He may not be fast but he will still draw double coverage and possibly open things up for Ginn.

The problem is that he probably hasn't faced a lot of double coverage since his rookie year with LF added to the mix.

The way I look at it is we can get Boldin with a draft pick (3rd) OR sign someone like A. Bryant for free (draft wise) and still get a rookie at #43.

That's kind of like two for the price of one except spending a round higher draft pick.

A. Bryant is only 5 months younger but either way we still need a play maker for the future and not just a couple more years.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 27, 2010 04:22AM

Boldins un-happy for a reason, he wants huge Jerry McGuire type money. I wont complain if we get him but i'm growing a little leery of what it will cost us in picks and $$$$$$$

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 27, 2010 05:23AM

I think our best option as an offense is to pair Boldin or a #1 wr up with Ginn. Not get rid of Ginn.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 27, 2010 05:26AM

If we can get Boldin just for a 2nd round pick, we have to make that move.

It would open up our offense in so many ways

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: February 27, 2010 05:47AM

The boy can catch the damned ball. Don't under estimate that. You put a guy like Boldin who is a danger to catch the ball every time in the 10-20 yard pass routes and I can promise Ginn will have 5x as many chunk plays that year. I say if they want a 3rd, do it and sign him to a decent contract. Lets not forget we have the leverage of him being able to live in awesome Miami with all its glitz and glitter. This should be a good selling point for a contract especially given he plays in Arizona at the moment.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 27, 2010 11:30AM

I will be outraged if they trade a draft pick higher than a 6th for Boldin. He does not get separation and he does not get "chunk yards." That's why he's averaged less than 12 yards per catch the last 3 years combined. And that's in spite of playing in a wide open passing attack with Larry Fitzgerald being the one always drawing the double team. He ran a 4.72 as a rookie, and is even slower now. He's a physical guy with good hands, and he'd help us in certain areas. But, we need at least 2 new WR. It makes no sense to trade one of our high picks for a 30 year old WR who always seems banged up, is only under contract for one more year, is looking to be paid top $ in any new contract, and does not have the complete package of skills for the position.

Date: February 27, 2010 12:10PM

I would be ecstatic if we got him for a 4th.

The rumors about him seeking 10 mil a year have been denied.

Drew Rosenhaus twitters...

"Reports that Anquan Boldin is seeking a contract worth $10 million per yr are inaccurate. We recently made a proposal to the Cards for less."

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: February 27, 2010 12:27PM

A 4th would great but if they gave up a 2nd I might have a quessy feeling in my gut.

Date: February 27, 2010 12:35PM

That's too much considering our other needs and the need for a long term prospect at WR.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.