HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins need #1 TE
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins need #1 TE
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: February 07, 2010 08:21AM

Looking at both of these Superbowl teams...both QB's have that goto TE over the middle of the field.

In fact, Dallas Clark was nearly the #1 receiver on the field w/ 100 receptions, 10 td's, and over 1100 yards.

The same on the Saints...Shockey would have been the #2 receiver on the team if he remained healthy.

We have alot of missing parts in comparison to these teams. But, getting that athletic goto TE over the middle of the field is consistant with our game philosophy and would be very effective in generating total offense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins need #1 TE
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: February 07, 2010 09:06AM

TE is a position you don't waste high draft picks on.

And among the WR, NT, LB, and Saftey problems.......TE is so far down on the bottom of the list its something that can wait another year

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: February 07, 2010 09:44AM

Its a need. Right behind ILB, OLB, WR, NT, FS...then TE

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 07, 2010 09:48AM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 07, 2010 05:19PM

hernandez, Dennis Pitta or Tony Moeki, Garret Graham or jameson Konz in later rounds. Pitta is a Clark/Carlson type.

Why couldn't a guy like Jason Rivers convert to TE?

later round WR's

Jordan Shipley, Demaryius Thomas, Chris Mcgaha, Andre Roberts, Naaman roosevelt, Carlton Mitchell , Stephen Williams, Kelton Tindl, Shay Hodge, Dion Morton

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: February 08, 2010 09:21AM

I'd like to see us get the guy from UF, can't remember his name but I remember being impressed with his hands. One thing I noticed about guys like Dallas Clark, he can't block. He's basically a wideout that lines up on the line. I don't think we can use someone like that in our current scheme of run first.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 08, 2010 10:41AM

Date: February 08, 2010 11:32AM

I wouldn't draft a TE before Rd 3.

I mean Olsen on the bears was supposed to be the 2nd coming and he hasn't come close to living up to the hype

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 08, 2010 02:58PM

I still say re-sign David Martin if he's available and healthy.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 08, 2010 03:01PM

I don't know what happened to Fasano in a years time. He had a pretty good 2008. I wonder if David Martin is healthy yet?

We could make a run at Ben Watson. He never was utilized in NE's offense but has the speed to stretch the field.

I think Fasano will get another shot to mesh with Henne.

He played in two less games this year than in 08 and only had 3 less receptions. His drops and fumbles were magnified and maybe blown out of proportion a bit. He did have 5 less TD's though.

He only made half a mil last year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 03:09PM by eesti.

Date: February 08, 2010 04:22PM

we have so many needs.

Im for giving Fasano another shot too and if after next year we need a new TE and Fasano flames out then go get one then.

To many other MORE important needs. TE is bottom of the list

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: February 08, 2010 05:18PM

I could care less what round the guy is drafted. Parcells' drafted Kyle Brady as the 9th player in the draft. He selected Fasano in the 2nd round. And Jason Witten was a third rounder. And Mark Bavaro was a fourth rounder.

It makes no difference to me...we just need to get a play-maker at that position. I think the evidence is pretty clear that the competitive teams in the play-offs had a quality TE to make tough catches over the middle and also make quality blocks that develop big plays.

I believe that a Dallas Clark type of player would improve this team much more than adding another outside threat.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 08, 2010 05:40PM

I wouldn't rule out the TE. There is no WR answer in free agency. So, we're going to have to draft one. But, a rookie WR is not likely to completely overhaul our passing game. But, maybe if you pair him with a good rookie TE, the passing game takes off a little bit?

Date: February 09, 2010 04:38AM

I agree that a rookie WR isn't likely to completely overhaul our passing game...I think that would be an unrealistic expectation (and I think I implied drafting the WR in my post above...I meant acquiring).

I am also not in favor of taking a lesser player at WR than TE just because I think the position would add more value to our team...even though, in general, I think the WR position is more valuable.

However, when I think about lining up Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson with Fasano and whoever ends up being our 2nd WR (I'm guessing Hartline), I think that is more dangerous than Hartline + Ginn/Bess/Camarillo + Dallas Clark.

A team can only have someone who's available, so I wouldn't be shocked to see us acquire a TE we feel great about before a WR, but I just happen to think the WR position is more valuable than the TE position, in general.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 10, 2010 12:36PM

Im starting to believe in the all out offensive attack teams. It seems as if rules have changed the game into offensive teams going further unlike years past when the great defensive teams won the championships.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: February 10, 2010 01:13PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im starting to believe in the all out offensive
> attack teams. It seems as if rules have changed
> the game into offensive teams going further unlike
> years past when the great defensive teams won the
> championships.

First Aqua, enjoy your R&R and stay safe.

Don't go by the SB or those two teams. Manning is really something special. Brees is really good but is no Manning. We have all seen QBs as good as Brees. That is not to knock him, just true.

The Saints D won that game for them. They stopped the Colts when they had to time and again. The also have a very good running game. Did not have a chance to show it off as they were playing catch-up much of the game and the Colts had to ball late. Saints D backs were freaking scary good. That pick 6 was just a great play at the right time. D back waited for it, pressure made Manning get rid of it and the Pick 6 happened. Great play.

I know we need more play makers. WR, TE. But we also need big imporvement at LB and DL. With a better D we would have beaten both of those teams.

I hate to say next year, but NEXT YEAR!!smileys with beer

Date: February 10, 2010 01:54PM

Offense wins. Period. The rules are set up that way. QB's cant get hit without a peanlty. WR's can't be touched. Pass Interference is the WORST called penalty in the sport.

Except for the Jets look at the teams that went far....Indy, SD, Minny, NO, Arizona, Dallas. GB, ALL had big-time passing games and can score from anyplace on the field at anytime.

The game has changed. DON'T be stuck behind the curve! Offense wins..yes offense. You need 2 or 3 big play WR's. Not just ONE #1 WR, two is a necesity and your 3rd WR better be damn good. You better have a TE that is viable. Don't need Dallas Clark, but someone who can make a defense respect ya in that way.

The days of 4 yards and a cloud of dust are done and burried. Or at least until the NFL changes the rules again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 01:54PM by MikeO.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: February 11, 2010 04:04AM

Rules have changed the game soooo much that offensive teams are made to go further. Im think we need to add 2 amazing WR's and a legitimate PB TE...and we could be set then.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 11, 2010 06:01AM

Date: February 11, 2010 10:02AM

Date: February 11, 2010 10:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.