HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Question and concern over Mike Nolan
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Question and concern over Mike Nolan
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 23, 2010 11:31AM

I'm very VERY VERY VERY happy with the move. It showed the fans that the Miami Dolphins aren't settling for anything but winning.

However, my concern is this: Is Mike Nolan a long term solution or is this just a stop on his tour to his next head coaching job? Any news on the length of his agreement with the Dolphins? I'd love to stamp our name on this guy for a good 2-3 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question and concern over Mike Nolan
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 23, 2010 11:35AM

All we really need him here for is the next 2-4 years in my opinion anyways.

Becuase, hopefully within that timeframe the FO has built our defense *through* the draft with a solif foundation that will last the next 10+ seasons no matter who the D coordinator is.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 23, 2010 11:41AM

Nolan will get another chance to be a head coach in this league. If Parcells ever left Miami and took a President's job elsewhere he could bring Nolan with him as his head coach, they have a hisotry obviously.

But that's the nature of the beast in the NFL, so I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Date: January 23, 2010 11:42AM

I still haven't been able to find the length of his contract agreement with us but I did find this little gem:

-Possibly factoring into Nolan’s decision, his contract with the Broncos supposedly was set to expire after next season, as will a lot of the team’s assistant coaches’ deals. With the possibility of a work stoppage, Nolan foresaw being able to negotiate a contract that would pay him through a lockout with the Dolphins, should the NFL and the NFL Players Association not be able to finalize a labor deal before the 2011 season.

That's the closest thing I've found mentioning that we've wrapped him up for multiple years.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 23, 2010 11:48AM

That probably makes a lot of sense Odenn. Nolan looking out for his own financial future. A work stoppage is going to happen and I don't blame Nolan for looking out for #1.

Also, I think we are going to find a lot of people (players and coaches) are going to have a tough time working/playing for Josh McDaniels. The kid needs to work on his people skills. Bill Belichick can be a prick to people cause he has the jewlery to back it up. When your a nobody like McDaniels, you can't behave the same way and treat people the same way

Date: January 24, 2010 05:23AM

That very same page mentioned also how McDaniels brought Nolan into his office and told him under no circumstances would they be blitzing as much as they did this year. Blitzing is a huge part of how Nolan operates his D. Nolan probably felt like he was going into a new season hamstringed.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 28, 2010 11:43AM

I think his failed stint as HC of the 49ers puts some distance between he and the next HC job so he could be here for the foreseeable future. Teams are learning that some people that are great coordinators are not necessarily good HC's.

The question is will we be running a one gap like we do now or a two gap scheme on the d line as Nolan prefers to run. That's what I heard anyway. That will dictate the type of NT we go after.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.