HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          def cord fired
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
def cord fired
Posted by: moley6969 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 01:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: def cord fired
Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: January 11, 2010 01:05PM

There were many reasons for it, 9 to be exact. OC is next via retirement.thumbs up

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 01:10PM

whos gonna replace him, crennel?

Posted by: moley6969 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 01:18PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 11, 2010 01:29PM

When you have the 2nd highest payroll in the NFL and have a losing season and an owner who is pissed he overpaid for the team he just bought...HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!

Sparano probably has a lot of heat on him right now. Knowing he better win now or the Parcells/Ireland/Sparano time in Miami will end very soon.

In this league there are no more 3 or 4 year plans. There are no more building towards the future. It's win now!! Turn it around now. This season was a failure and coaches and players will pay the price for it. Pasqualoni was the first to go. I expect to see many more changes. And if we have a similar season next year I expect a total house cleaning of Sparano, Ireland, and Parcells (if he is even still here).

Date: January 11, 2010 01:41PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 11, 2010 02:26PM

This is cool. Especially if we can get Romeo Crennel or Al Groh to be our DC. They are great defensive minds. And there NFL track record as those coordinators are proven. Obviously there are not good HC's, but few are.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 11, 2010 02:49PM

I am thinking Todd Bowels gets the job. Mike Zimmer would be another choice since we did make this move 2 days after Cincy got ousted, so this might be smoke to that fire.

I don't think we fire Pasqualoni now unless we have someone lined up. Otherwise we fire him last week right after the season.

Looks like Romeo to KC is a done deal. And Al Groh to Georgia Tech is almost a done deal, but not official yet by any means. Better chance of Al changing his mind than Romeo at this point

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 11, 2010 03:26PM

Not a surprising move.

While I think our defensive struggles had more to do with awful tackling than scheming, I can't see how he expected to keep his job with how poorly the Miami defense played this year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:33PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, if Miami ever thought about going back to a
> 4-3 defense (which fits their personal more...ie
> Wake and Wilson)....THIS IS THE TIME!!!
>
> Wake in a 4-3 would be a dominate pass rusher. Put
> Starks at one DT, get another DT. Merling and
> Langford at DE's. Jason Taylor if he returns fits
> better in a 4-3.
>
> Put Gabril Wilson at his nature saftey position in
> a 4-3 where he shinned in NY with the Giants.
>
> It's something I hope they consider

We better get a killer MLB if we expect to have a decent 4-3 defense. I'm not sure how Langford or Merling would do at DE in a 4-3. It's more a pass rushing position. Both of them may be better suited as DTs. The most logical DE's would be Taylor and Wake. Put Crowder and Torbor at OLB. Ayodele would need to be replaced.

Date: January 11, 2010 04:36PM

Our defensive talent fits a 4-3 better. It won't be an easy or a 1 year transition. But I think the talent we have, and the talent that is going no place anytime soon (Wake, Merling, Langford, Starks) all fit better in a 4-3.

With that said, I don't see us going to a 4-3 but if there was ever a time, this is it

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:49PM

Date: January 11, 2010 04:52PM

We have 4 linebackers who aren't 3-4 LB's by nature. They are 4-3 linebackers we are trying to fit into the wrong system.

Our d-line could be adjusted easily. Lanford and Starks could play DT or DE in a 4-3. Merling might be out of place but he is one player and I wouldn't let that slow anything down.

Date: January 11, 2010 05:07PM

Date: January 11, 2010 05:12PM

Im not saying its gonna happen. All I said if we were thinking of changing this would be the time. Cause what we have done the past two years isn't working. Our personal doesn't fit

Date: January 11, 2010 05:27PM

Peter King is now reporting Sparano fired Coach P and he wasn't told to by anyone above him

Posted by: realist ()
Date: January 11, 2010 05:47PM

I have been calling him out for his coaching all season.

When we had a hot streak going he would pour cold water on it by calling off the dogs. We couldn't cover TE's, and his player usage was questionable.

Let's hope the next guy is ready to run straight out of the gates and doesn't need a year to figure it out.

Date: January 11, 2010 06:21PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 06:22PM

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: January 11, 2010 06:44PM

All I ask is for is a DC that will KEEP pressure ON, not 1/4 on 1/4 off. One more thing, just because he is a veteran does not give him the start automatically.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 11, 2010 07:02PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We have 4 linebackers who aren't 3-4 LB's by
> > nature. They are 4-3 linebackers we are trying
> to
> > fit into the wrong system.
>
> Who are our cover LB's in a 4-3? We don't have
> any. Who's our MLB? Crowder? We still need
> a better one.
>
Crowder and Torbor were both OLB's in 4-3 schemes. Problem is, Ayodele won't work as a MLB.

I'm not sold on Mike's idea, but he has a point with some players.

Date: January 11, 2010 07:27PM

it does not take 2 or 3 years to build a defense. I'm sorry. That's hogwash in today's NFL. It's not that hard of a job.

And nothing is my idea. I dont' care if we stay 3-4 or go 4-3. Im just saying if there is a notion or an idea to switch this is obviously the time to make the move

Date: January 11, 2010 07:36PM

Date: January 11, 2010 07:40PM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: January 12, 2010 05:56AM

If its ROMEO, there's going to be HOOOP-LA drinking smiley

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 12, 2010 06:21AM

It will not be Romeo. I think Al Groh has more of a shot.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 12, 2010 07:18AM

Just say no to Groh. The dude is over the hill. Look at what he did to UVA football

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 12, 2010 07:56AM

About the only guy we have on the line that would fit a 4-3 is Soliai. Starks a 4-3 DT in Tennessee, and one of their own personnel guys said he'd be best as a 3-4 DE. Langford and Merling do not have anything close to the pass rsuh ability needed by a 4-3 DE. Basically, Langford, Merling, McDaniel, Dotson, and Baker would all not fit at all. At LB, Crowder has proved that he can't play the Mike in the 4-3 or the 3-4. As an OLB in the 4-3, he also proved that he was below average when it came to making impact plays. Taylor would have to move back to DE, which doesn't make sense at his age. Part of the reason he found the 3-4 attractive was that playing LB was easier on his body. Ayodele has been an average to below average player in any system he's been in. As it stands now, we basically need to replace our LB corps. If we were to switch to a 3-4, we'd have to replace both the LB and DL. It won't happen. Parcells has always been a 3-4 guy and he is never going to change. Groh will be brought in as a 3-4 guru, which is what he is.

Date: January 12, 2010 09:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.