HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I can't stand Dan Dierdork
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I can't stand Dan Dierdork
Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:56AM

All he talks about is the Steelers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't stand Dan Dierdork
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 10:58AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:03AM

I think he's very good. gumball too

Date: January 03, 2010 11:07AM

I know, I'm just being a homer. You pick out anything when your losing.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:40AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please. He's said plenty of nice things about us
> today.
>
> He was talking up Pitt whent hey were up 17 they
> deserved it.
>
>
> I bet if you asked a dozen pit fans, 10 of them
> would say he's pro-dolphin.

Agreed, I thought he was very fair today. I will say this about our Phins. They played their hearts out. They were out talented and that's a fact. We really need two inside linebackers. Please get them!!!

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:55AM

He did pretty good until he stated we should have been penalized for hands to Ben's face on the fumble.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 03, 2010 11:56AM

what announcer do any Dolphins fans like? Seriously, every week everyone here and on various other Fins message boards rip the commentators. The World is against the Dolphins......wooo-is-me type attitude!

Posted by: trafield ()
Date: January 03, 2010 12:17PM

>>what announcer do any Dolphins fans like?

I have never like Dierdork either...shows his bias way too obvious and often. But to answer your question, I believe Phil Simms is the best overall anouncer of the game...and I have really been enjoying listening to John Gruden and think he is also great announcer.

Date: January 03, 2010 01:26PM

chris colinsworth is my favorite

Date: January 03, 2010 02:41PM

OMG...not "grainy" Chris Colinsworth! His voice is like fingernails on a chalk board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 02:42PM by trafield.

Date: January 03, 2010 02:50PM

I don't know why people hate collinsworth so much. he says the most insightful things of anyone by far, in my opinion. I'm really sensitive to annoying voices and his never bothered me or even sounds weird to me.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 03, 2010 05:11PM

trafield Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>what announcer do any Dolphins fans like?
>
> I have never like Dierdork either...shows his bias
> way too obvious and often. But to answer your
> question, I believe Phil Simms is the best overall
> anouncer of the game...and I have really been
> enjoying listening to John Gruden and think he is
> also great announcer.

Are you serious? Phil Simms is the worst New York homer, anti-dolphin announcer on the air today!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 03, 2010 05:14PM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 03, 2010 05:21PM

How a miami phan can say that is beyond me. It's completely obvious he hates Miami. If you're simply speaking in terms outside those facts then I probably agree, but as for when he calls Miami games, I can't stand him.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 04, 2010 04:13AM

I have no opinion on the specific performance by Dierdorf this week as the game was not shown where I live, but...I wouldn't be surprised if he personally had it in for us because: Some of the Dolphins alumni who played during the same time as Dierdorf criticized his induction into the HOF a few years back. They claimed (rightly so) that dierdorf got in the Hall because he's currently on TV as an announcer. I believe Manny Fernandez (I love that guy) was among the most vocal.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 04, 2010 04:34AM

Simms is the best in my opinion. Aikman is a close secon. Also a big Moose Johnson fan as well.

"fans" in general get upset I think because they don't want to hear negative things about their team. I mean if "your team" is down by 20pts, you can't expect the announcer to say nice things about them and be taken credible. I mean its commen sense. Why fans get upset with the announcer when they should be upset with their team I always find laughable

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: January 04, 2010 08:55AM

I think Collinsworth is one of the most intelligent commentators. I like listening to him call games and his voice isn't annoying at all. Where you got "fingernails on a chalkboard" is beyond me. Aikman kind of annoys me. Comes across as arrogant a lot, never has anything good to say about the Dolphins, and is sometimes condescending to the other announcer calling the game opposite him.

But outside of Collinsworth, Gruden is the man. No matter what team is playing, he'll key in on the most talented player on that roster and talk them up about how great a football player they are. I enjoyed listening to him talk about Ronnie Brown during our Monday Night games. He also talked up Ricky and was hugely impressed with Henne's play after the first Jets game. He gets really excited when he's calling games, especially if it's a good one. I find Gruden to be the most entertaining.

Date: January 04, 2010 11:17AM

I made that comment when the Fins were only down by 3, when the they hit Big Ben and caused a fumble. And all he (Dierdorf) could say was there should have been a flag, because there was a hand on the face of Big Ben. But never was anything said when Pat White got knock out. I know the speed of the game is fast, but if you look at the replay.....Pat White's left foot is out of bounds, and to top it off, the defender led with his helmet.

I mean if Greg Camarillo gets a PI foul and fined $5000.00 by the NFL, and nothing for the hit by Ike Taylor. That is just crazy.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 04, 2010 11:23AM

Agreed. He's worse than Paul Maguire, who at least has the excuse of having played for the Bills!

Rick

Date: January 04, 2010 11:27AM

You're entitled to your opinion. As far as I'm concerned, the first two are two of the worst. I can't recall ever having heard Johnson.

Rick

Date: January 04, 2010 12:04PM

>>I think Collinsworth is one of the most intelligent commentators. I like listening to him call games and his voice isn't annoying at all. Where you got "fingernails on a chalkboard" is beyond me.>>

Right...like I'm the only one who has ever mentioned that grainy, sandpaper voice of his. Regardless, I agree with you on Gruden...he really looks like he enjoys commentating and he is very passionate and entertaining.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2010 12:05PM by trafield.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: January 04, 2010 12:22PM

Collinsworth is a total yutz!!!! He gets off being confrontational with just about everybody. I would love to see one of the former lineman grab his skinny neck when he is getting in their face and watch how fast he stops being "intelligent". Gruden is good, Deirdorf is ok, but by and far the worst is Matt Millen!!! How anybody could listen to anything he has to say about any player is beyond me. He drove Detroit into the ground with his "knowledge".

Date: January 04, 2010 12:30PM

My nomination for the worst is Tony Kornheiser...that guy is simply an absurd clown of a commentator.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 04, 2010 12:35PM

Dennis Miller was pretty tough to listen too. His stupid choices of words were too much.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 04, 2010 12:42PM

you know who I hate more than anyone else put together? chris berman!! Everytime he goes "whoooop!" or "da raydarz" or "the ny football giants" I want to punch the TV. And he works those in every minute he is on TV. But especially "whooop!" It makes me want to wring his freakin neck!!

oh and his "circle the wagons" thing with the bills. what an annoying and blatant bills fan. I hate Berman!!

Dennis Miller was fun
Date: January 05, 2010 12:16PM

I truly enjoyed Dennis Miller as a commentator, but I can see where most fans wouldn't. His choice of words wasn't stupid at all if you understood where they were coming from. His perspective is, to say the least, unique. It was very clear, however, that he knew the game.

Rick

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2010 12:28PM

I understand Miller and I enjoy him in other forums.....just not the Monday Night Football booth forum.

That kind of speech is unneccesary for football.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: January 06, 2010 01:10AM

god i hate chris berman and his tired stupid schtik .

back to the op . what else do u expect coming from cbs .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.