HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Well, one thing this proves...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Well, one thing this proves...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 08:58AM

Come April, we can draft the best available player because there's not one position that can't be upgraded on this team. I have to admit, I thought we were farther along than this. Obviously, I was mistaken. This is a very flawed team. Worst example of tackling I've ever seen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Well, one thing this proves...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 27, 2009 09:03AM

We need to make our way up the draft board and get Eric Berry.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 09:08AM

I have to also add, obviously the coaches didn't do their job this past week. This team was not ready to play. Neither side of the ball looks remotely in sync. One of the most embarrassing performances I've seen in a long time.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 09:11AM

Pathetic!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 09:39AM

There are way too many NEEDS to address in one off-season. Even Henne is playing like a rookie.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 27, 2009 09:40AM

We need to look at film of college players and not their reputations and draft the following

Defensive players who tackle by grasping the opponent and holding him in a death grip.....................................not those, who we have now, who believe you can get a man down by slapping him down.

I would be willing to bet all I own against your nickel that in the Texan film room this week, the coach said, "These guys never wrap up so keep fighting and you'll break loose."

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 27, 2009 09:42AM

Three things are painfully obvious:
1.This team is built to stop the run. The linebackers are waaay too slow to cover ANYBODY!
2.Chad Henne has fallen apart.
3.Ted Ginn can't catch a pass in the middle of the field, but his moves on that last kick return were excellent.
This game, to me, is epitomized by Akin Ayodele's pathetic attempt at a tackle on a swing pass that he had a wide open shot at the back for a substantial loss, and he whiffed.

Rick

Date: December 27, 2009 09:55AM

We absolutely need some major upgrades everywhere!! I would start with TC and a lesson on tackling- consider new DC. I remeber reading somewhere that they dont tackle in training camp....whether we have they players or not to be good doesnt matter if the ones we have cant do a simple thing like make a technically solid tackle. Put in the pups and see if they bite. We know what we have w/ the vets

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 27, 2009 10:43AM

Dolphan,

Chad Henne has fallen apart!?!?!?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:14PM

Needs:

RB- remember, Ronnie is not under contract for 2010. What happens with the CBA will dictate whether he's a restricted or unrestricted free agent. But, he's a free agent. And there's no guarantee he'll be back. And Ricky is too old to be counted on as a feature back.

WR- I think we need 2 more guys. I'd keep Hartline and one of Bess/Camarillo. I just think Bess and Camarillo could both fill the same role if we had 2 better options for starting WR. So, I'd bite the bullet and get rid of one. And I hate to say it, but it'd be Bess if it was my decision. Maybe he has some trade value. Camarillo doesn't drop passes, and Bess has dropped a number of them this season, and he leads the team in fumbles. he's also painfully slow. I think Camarillo has more upside in the slot role.

TE- Fasano is a free agent. Like Ronnie, his status will be dictated by what happens with the CBA.

OL- This is the 3rd year in a row that Smiley has had shoulder injuries. At this point, it'd be silly to think he can play a full season with no issue. And Garner and Thomas have both struggled in pass protection. You cannot allow pressure up the middle.

DL- need more guys that can rush the passer. Langford and Merling are ok against the run, but they generate no consistent pass rush. And our run defense has gone down the tubes without Jason Ferguson, so I question how good the rest of our linemen are anyway. And since we are so bad without Ferguson, we need another NT.

LB- I think we need two new ILB, but since they just gave Crowder a 3 year deal, I doubt they'll let him go. But, Ayodele has to be replaced. Porter has been a liability against the run the last 2 years. He needs to go.

DB- they may have to bite the bullet and let Wilson go in spite of his big contract. If they don't think Culver or Clemons is the answer at FS, then we need someone else.

Posted by: dullfin ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:46PM

We just need so much again that it seems like we are rebuilding yet again....and the top tier teams keep doing it right and keep winning year in and year out. "sigh"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 27, 2009 12:57PM

cause while we bring back guys like Jason Taylor and everyone gets all mushy over that move, and it brings a tear to their eye, other teams are buying guys who aren't washed up and can make an impact.

while other teams are using draft picks on needs, we are using them on Pat White and trying to outsmart other teams. What a waste of a pick that turned out to be

Posted by: dullfin ()
Date: December 27, 2009 01:04PM

Pat White lol lol bonehead pick for sure...lol. Your right Mike other teams are picking talent we are picking trickery that gets tricked up come game time. Lets get rid of the WILDCAT. That is the stupidest crap when they take Henne out of his rythem. If this crap continues next season I say its time for new coaches

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 27, 2009 05:03PM

RB - Ronnie ain't going anywhere with his injury. Most teams will be hesitant to offer him much money because of his injury history. I think we re-sign Ronnie. Cobbs should be back, and his slashing style combined with Hilliard's power would make a decent, but not great, running combo. I think we're OK at RB for now. Not worth doing anything drastic in the offseason.

WR - I think Hartline stays as the #2. Camarillo and Bess can fight it out for the slot. We need to get a legit #1 guy. This is blatantly obvious. As for Ginn, I say limit him to PR/KR (get Bess out of there, as he's WAY too slow to be a PR). Ginn can be our #4 WR and come in occasionally for a fly pattern.

TE - Fasano is, at best, a #2 guy. Haynos needs to go. Sperry may be a keeper. I think we can pick up a decent TE in the 2nd or 3rd rounds in the draft.

OL - we need depth at Guard. There should be viable options in the draft and/or free agency.

DL - I don't think we have much choice but to make it work with the players we have. Starks, Merling, Langford, Soliai, McDaniels etc... There's talent there. Better coaching would help.

LB - No brainer. ILB is our biggest point of need. OLB is a problem as well. Our coaching staff needs to give Anderson and Wake a chance to see if they can take over for JT and Porter. Crowder is just an injury waiting to happen at SILB. He may be decent at WILB, but Ayodele needs to go!!! Torbor ain't much better either.

DB - FS is our only real hole. We'll be loaded next year at CB when Will Allen comes back (with Allen, Davis, Smith, and Jones). Not sure what the answer is here. Maybe Clemons will perform better with the experience and an additional TC under his belt.

Posted by: joenhre ()
Date: December 27, 2009 11:49PM

montequi, I pretty much agree with everything in your post. I still believe that we need to get another big NT to rotate in there with Solai. I don't have much confidence in Ferguson coming back at his age. We may not have enough draft picks, but there may be an option to fill that position in free agency.

As for RB, I think we're going to have to do something at that position, because Ricky is not going to be around much longer and lets be honest Ronnie has not been able to play a complete season. Hilliard hasn't done anything to lead us to believe he will be a #1 back.Cobbs will be coming off an injury and he's always been a situational player, while Sheets has yet to see the field.They may have to wait until 2011 to find another solution at RB though.

Date: December 27, 2009 11:57PM

dolfanmark, I agree with your list as well.I think they will look at getting a legit #1 receiver, but will keep Hartline at #2, Bess in the slot and Camarillo will stick around as the #4 guy. Only question is will they keep Ginn, and will we ever see Pat Turner play again. Adding a TE that can consistently get open and catch the ball when it's thrown his way is a priority.

Date: December 28, 2009 12:09AM

If this front office wastes another high pick on a specialty player like Pat White again this year, then I will lose any confidence I have left in them.You don't reach for players, at least not in the first 5 rounds.If Ireland does it again he will be lumped in the same class as Wanny, Spielman,Mueller,& Cam Cam.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 28, 2009 03:59AM

first 5 rounds??? The entire draft is only 7 rounds....lol

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 01, 2010 08:51AM

Yeah, I think so. I don't think its a permanent thing, and he's not getting much help from his WR's and blockers, but he's making bad decisions just now, and you can't blame that on anybody but him.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.