HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Man
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
smiling smiley Man
Posted by: MiamiFanatic ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:13PM

Its been awhile, but i must say this team is fun watching, exciting, because of the horrile play calls, and the talent, that wants to emerge, but just seems to stay bottled up. Anyways, i just wanted to say to everyone, i hope we make playoffs, but im pretty sure that with our currant cordinators, we will never measure up to its full potential.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: smiling smiley Man
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:36PM

thumbs down

Posted by: MiamiFanatic ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:47PM

Well you have to agree our cordinators cost us 4 games this year. Bad play calling, not using the right personel package's. Its embarrassing, because we all know how much talent we got, and it shows when they use the right calls! Too many times they do not use the right calls, and it kills us, time, and time again.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 25, 2009 04:58PM

lay off the spiked egg nog pal

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 25, 2009 05:13PM

How much talent we have? Talent is still our biggest liability. It takes time to rebuild from that 1-15 season, and we are not yet where we need to be. We need a lot more talent at WR, TE, and LB, at the very least.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 25, 2009 06:15PM

I agree that we lack talent in some key areas; but, we were in position to win some of the games we lost...and at the time I recall laying a lot of blame on coaches.

PLay-calling has been suspect in several games, defensive aggressiveness in the 1st half turning into base D in the 4th quarter, reluctance to replace invisible veterans with flashes of youth talent early in the season.

IMO, coaching errors have us at 7-7 instead of 9-5

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 26, 2009 03:38AM

The ONLY game coaching has cost us is the New Orleans game.

Talent has cost us the rest.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 26, 2009 10:16AM

I was at the Buffalo game.

The Bills and their fans were out of the game before it started. They were wondering how bad it was going to be.

Ricky ran through them like they were high school players...all the way down to the goal line.

And then Henning called that ridiculous play, that Sparano says 'gave them the best chance to score'...instead of running it through the deflated flat Defense.

Had they run in a TD....we would have been on a roll and they would have been even flatter. When the Bills picked off that pass..the crowd errupted and came to life...as did the Bills.

That single play call changed the outcome of the game. And it was on the coaches. Why call a trick play that requires a guy who hates throwing the ball, and hasn't done it in a game for years...when the defense was incapable of stopping our running attack?

I agree with the Saints game. so those were my two. 9-5 instead of 7-7.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 26, 2009 12:18PM

I've already said it before. Our lack of talent may have us playing close games but poor game time coaching is what cost us those close games. You can say all you want that if you have the perfect team, you will win every game but ask the Colts what would have happened if Belicheat had not been so big headed as to go for it on 4th and 2 at his own 28.

It makes no sense to say, "Yeah, but if we had better players...."

I wonder if the same people who are so quick to condemn Ted Ginn are the same ones who violently defend the coaching staff just because we went to the playoffs last year whereas the year before we were at 1-15.

Coaches are paid just like players.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 26, 2009 04:37PM

So, are we saying that the coaches get no credit for any games that we've won?

You can't just blame losses on the coaches. You have to give credit where credit is due, and I'm sure the coaching staff deserves credit for a couple of wins, too. The second Jets game comes to mind. Ted Ginn credited the coaching staff with noticing that the Jets tended to over commit on kick coverages. And they felt if they could have Ginn start to one side, and cut back to the other while picking up a few backside blocks, they would have chances at some big returns.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 26, 2009 05:31PM

Well, Dolphanmark,

Both the players and the coaches get credit for the games won.

Some players can get blame for games lost.

Although I defend Ginn, I remember in one game, he dropped a critical pass that could have sustained a drive.

I'm just saying that some people hold the coaches to be sacroscant and above reproach because of the conversion from the 1-15 season and there were a couple of games, notably the Camarillo forward fumble game and the Tennessee Chad Henne interception game that, like the Ginn drop, they were responsible for those by not urging the proper tempo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.